Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
May 10, 2016 at 3:39 AM Post #7,323 of 12,592
  Do the EX800/1000 use a standard MMCX connector like this one? Thanks in advance.

http://www.linum.dk/linum-mmcx/

No.
It's a proprietary connect which is typical Sony.

This is current topic now

http://www.head-fi.org/t/539500/review-impressions-of-the-sony-ex1000-versus-the-fx700-gr10-and-e-q5/3105#post_12566456

Folks wanna upgrade that thing

May 10, 2016 at 3:51 PM Post #7,325 of 12,592
I'm starting to like the XBA-A3 more than the ASG2.5 but I just can't get a comfortable fit.

Playing around with Neutron now and it's quite expansive with the settings.

May 10, 2016 at 4:14 PM Post #7,327 of 12,592
  I'm starting to like the XBA-A3 more than the ASG2.5 but I just can't get a comfortable fit.

Playing around with Neutron now and it's quite expansive with the settings.

Shouldn't Sonys be the most comfortable as none of the housing actually touches your ear, so it's all tip dependent? At least that's the case for me. Shures and Aurisonics cause me pain when worn.

May 10, 2016 at 6:59 PM Post #7,331 of 12,592
It's not an IEM, but I want to point out I've gotten the Zen 2.0 earbud to reach XB90EX-levels of bass depth. It's a very aggressive EQ and I do run it on high gain with bass boost on my Cayin C5 and of course it doesn't have the rumbling impact that a perfect seal with an IEM will create, but it's pretty damn bassy... at least enough so that if you dont' want to be wearing IEMs for whatever reason, they'll keep you from going into bass withdrawal. Swapping to the 90EX from the Zen is a whole new world of bass slam but that's to be expected, I'm just talking about depth and refinement mostly along with killer stage and imaging.

Anyone who has IEMs with refined bass they love that isn't strong enough impactwise for the top 10 list might enjoy them, but I wish they were a bit cheaper, 140 is a bit much but I don't regret it, I use mine all the time, usually between different IEMs.

May 10, 2016 at 8:33 PM Post #7,334 of 12,592
  where do you guys get your sony hybrid tips from?

I'm looking for the ML size that comes with the sony ex1000.  Nobody on ebay carries that size.

I'm in Japan so they are everywhere but I use the sure seals wrapped in earbud covers. geto as ****!!
biggrin.gif

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xsony+hybrid+tips.TRS0&_nkw=sony+hybrid+tips&_sacat=0

might be some in the link??

What do you guys think of the se215 from shure? And if possible a comparison to the ad01 alpha delta, both straight from a phone

I have never heard those se215.

May 10, 2016 at 9:10 PM Post #7,335 of 12,592
What do you guys think of the se215 from shure? And if possible a comparison to the ad01 alpha delta, both straight from a phone

I just sold my se215s a few weeks ago, but I definitely emjoyed them. I think they are a great value at the price point. They have a reasonable amount of bass, but it isn't particularly punchy. It also doesn't extend into the sub-bass frequencies very well. Having said that, the bass is pretty lively with great decay. The mids are also pretty fantastic and forward on this iem (as shure is known for) and there is plenty enough detail in the highs, despite being laid back, to help with a smooth and good sounding overall signature. The soundstage is small on the 215, which lends a more intimate sounding environment. I found them good for electronic, hip hop, rock and roll. Not that great for movie soundtracks, classical, live concerts.

I really enjoyed them overall though for the money I paid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back