Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
May 11, 2016 at 4:08 PM Post #7,366 of 12,592

**** ya, dipping bro!

Its been a couple of years since jump on a big bike (****ed up back)

Still ride ruckuses every once in a while

I raced for a season in the American Federation of Motorcyclists (AFM) in their Formula 3 series, which is 125cc GP bikes. I regret choosing that class because I was just too big for those bikes, but it was still fun. My favorite bike for the track was the one in my avatar (GSX-R 750) and for the street, Suzuki DRZ 400 supermoto.

Bikes are dangerous and a hazard to one's physical health, but nothing compares to it when you find that groove, whether it's on a twisty road or on the track (or hanging out at Starbucks). It's been six years since I rode, but I'm actually going to a school called Rich Oliver's Mystery School in a couple weeks. It's basically a take on flat tracking, but with focus on overall skills that transfers to all riding styles. Highly recommended. It'll be my fourth of fifth visit. I'm about 20 pounds heavier than 2010 :D.

Anyway, don't want to go off-topic here, but thanks for the comments. Hope your back is okay. Injuries suck! I've had three ankle surgeries myself.

May 11, 2016 at 7:33 PM Post #7,367 of 12,592
i am still post some thoughts around new xb90ex's, probably more time when my wife is away for the week....just an quick one, after a couple of days they are killin me awesome !!  trying across all devices & unf*&^ing believable including 1 where i used to use vol @ 20 (of 30) & now find my head aching @ vision blurring at 15   love my v-moda m-100's but havent even got them out for 3 or 4 days which i never thought possible 
GrindedDown - a choice u r not going to regret

thank you to everyone for their feedback & bringing these monsters into my ears - looking at u particularly HBB 

May 11, 2016 at 10:12 PM Post #7,368 of 12,592

Race track madman!!!
biggrin.gif

I had a Ninja 650R and a woman in front forgot to hit her blinker and i smashed into her backside and flipped over twice before skidding on my back 15 ft in front of her car. Good times. Lunallilo Home Rd near Kaiser High School in front of the kids getting out of school.  I was laughing and crying at the same time...mmmmm Good times
very_evil_smiley.gif

That mystery gig sounds cool as ****.

Tape (no pin) the 800/7550 and throttle up the bass and amp and drop the treble if need be. I damaged my ears last week and am buying an over ear set next cuz those things blew my ear drums.

i am still post some thoughts around new xb90ex's, probably more time when my wife is away for the week....just an quick one, after a couple of days they are killin me awesome !!  trying across all devices & unf*&^ing believable including 1 where i used to use vol @ 20 (of 30) & now find my head aching @ vision blurring at 15   love my v-moda m-100's but havent even got them out for 3 or 4 days which i never thought possible 

thank you to everyone for their feedback & bringing these monsters into my ears - looking at u particularly HBB 

Must be the eeeeeeasiest rec on Head fi. Price to performance is stupid crazy good! If anyone does a cable mod they will have a bunch of customers. I'd love to trick out my xb90's

May 11, 2016 at 10:41 PM Post #7,369 of 12,592
Must be the eeeeeeasiest rec on Head fi. Price to performance is stupid crazy good! If anyone does a cable mod they will have a bunch of customers. I'd love to trick out my xb90's

Love hearing praise for the XB90EX as I have a pair inbound. They are in the USA (finally) from Japan, should be here in two or three more days. Excited to hear them.

Read on first page they need an amp. Recent post here indicates they did fine straight out of the DAP headphone jack. I have amps, but was hoping it would not be necessary.

Guess I will know, pretty soon :)

Cheers to the folks in here.

:p

May 11, 2016 at 10:55 PM Post #7,370 of 12,592
I'm new to this thread, but looking for some fun factor.I noticed in vapman's list the KZ ATE is listed (looks like it needs an amp) as an inexpensive basshead IEM.

I'm curious on thoughts on the KZ. There's little on this IEM and what I've seen differs considerably. Fit issues? Bad without an amp?

May 11, 2016 at 11:26 PM Post #7,371 of 12,592

Oh i absolutely can't wait. I should be getting them tomorrow. I was browsing amazon for them when i read your post initially about receiving them and i kinda got the fever! I am incredibly excited to get these things and givem them some play time.

What sources are you using right now? You listen to them unamped at all?

May 12, 2016 at 1:13 AM Post #7,372 of 12,592
While you can listen to them unamped, you can also drink a warm beer
tongue.gif

Just make sure your source isn't starved for power and bump up your EQ and you'll be very very happy.

May 12, 2016 at 2:16 AM Post #7,373 of 12,592
  While you can listen to them unamped, you can also drink a warm beer
tongue.gif

Just make sure your source isn't starved for power and bump up your EQ and you'll be very very happy.

I shall use this analogy from now on!!

beerchug.gif
 Hilarious and so true!!

May 12, 2016 at 2:22 AM Post #7,374 of 12,592
biggrin.gif
beerchug.gif

Sorry @aiaosu, didn't see this.
Quote:
I'm new to this thread, but looking for some fun factor.I noticed in vapman's list the KZ ATE is listed (looks like it needs an amp) as an inexpensive basshead IEM.

I'm curious on thoughts on the KZ. There's little on this IEM and what I've seen differs considerably. Fit issues? Bad without an amp?

Do not even bother if you don't have an amp. EQ and high gain are a must with the ATE in order to get actual sub bass you can hear & feel.
I would say around 200mW is the bare minimum. The arrow 5tx was good enough to make them rock bass.
Fit issues  =  none I know of. Very comfortable IMO.

The big problem with them is there are 3 versions. Two are translucent, and one is is translucent with a memory wire. Avoid the silver one and the translucent memory wire one. Only the translucent non-memory wire one is good. Sorry it's such a headache sorting thru them but it's well worth it.

the good ones:

May 12, 2016 at 7:23 AM Post #7,377 of 12,592
The only issue I have had with my XB90's is the fit, I have micro-ears though as I am a small guy, but the smallest included tips fit and it now is pretty comfortable, although a bit fatiguing, and the bass was so strong it gave me headaches. Luckily it doesn't do that anymore, but these IEM's love amps.

May 12, 2016 at 7:34 AM Post #7,378 of 12,592
Did anyone had the pleasure to try out both the Pioneer SE-CX 8 and 9?
Or atleast do know about them?
Got the 8, but the highs are on some tracks to "hissy" and so somewhat hurting. Is it better on the 9, since they do have BA and not a dynamic?

May 12, 2016 at 8:31 AM Post #7,379 of 12,592
  Did anyone had the pleasure to try out both the Pioneer SE-CX 8 and 9?
Or atleast do know about them?
Got the 8, but the highs are on some tracks to "hissy" and so somewhat hurting. Is it better on the 9, since they do have BA and not a dynamic?

You can contact @Luckbad via pm if nobody helps you. Pretty sure he owned both sets

May 12, 2016 at 8:39 AM Post #7,380 of 12,592

Users who are viewing this thread

Back