Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Sep 10, 2015 at 10:44 PM Post #1,771 of 12,597
Sold it already.
biggrin.gif

O.K. well, next step you get ONKYO player so we can use an identical track and do an identical parametric slope and compare bass thoughs
biggrin.gif

Sep 11, 2015 at 5:22 PM Post #1,774 of 12,597
Man hawaii youre making my decision making regretful lol.  I bought the E18 with my XB90's way before I got my E12 with my SZ2K's.  I did notice the amps were very similar in power delivery but I didnt think it was the amps I thought it was just me.  I usually run the E18 as a DAC only off my LG G3 then put that to my E12.  Have you ever tried using one as a DAC then send that to the E12?

Sep 11, 2015 at 10:35 PM Post #1,775 of 12,597
  Man hawaii youre making my decision making regretful lol.  I bought the E18 with my XB90's way before I got my E12 with my SZ2K's.  I did notice the amps were very similar in power delivery but I didnt think it was the amps I thought it was just me.  I usually run the E18 as a DAC only off my LG G3 then put that to my E12.  Have you ever tried using one as a DAC then send that to the E12?

This test was with a  Note 4 >>hifimediy >>>mini to mini plug >>>Cayin C5>>>>Sz2k

It's too much work. It will work with the e12 but the extra cables are tough on the mobility mode thing
redface.gif

No straps...no extra cable fits in hand like a glove and weighs the same as an X5 or Dx90......#finallygotitright  
biggrin.gif

**EDIT**

Missed your question totally...stack the e12 and e18? No never tried.

Sep 12, 2015 at 12:54 PM Post #1,776 of 12,597
O.K. well, next step you get ONKYO player so we can use an identical track and do an identical parametric slope and compare bass thoughs:D

Played with Onkyo most of the day yesterday. I don't have the Aegis yet, so all changes were just through the phone's HP out. Don't like it. The sound isn't "right", don't much care for the interface, and overall, not my favorite app. So I'm back to using PowerAmp, I like the interface a lot, I can get the sound where I like it, and just, to me, feels like a more polished player. So, I'll be using PowerAmp as my interface.

Sep 12, 2015 at 1:24 PM Post #1,777 of 12,597

This is a really amazing Poweramp skin that is transparent...******* awesome!

I spent the last 2 weeks and a lot of today going through all the well known players and even though the looks are not great the eq in landscape mode is epic on the ONKYO.  Lets call it the fallback as it will let us match the exact freq and dB. Poweramp is just a GUI for V4A for me so our matching will be nil but if you have an issue roll out the Onkyo for matching purposes.

I have OCD and when folks say they don't have bass I don't know what that means? If we have the same track and same hardware and settings we can communicate meaningfully.

Keep the Onkyo as a diagnostic tool
wink.gif

Sep 13, 2015 at 3:23 AM Post #1,778 of 12,597

A3 is somewhat V shaped and can do everything well all stlyes of music. Bass on the A3 is excellent better than even the Roxanne or 846. 90ex is at first a bass canon a good bass canon and the bass hits a bit harder. The 90ex has 16 mm drivers similar to the A3 but the 90ex has no Balance armature Drivers as the A3 has so the bass is strong and after burn in the mids and treble are good but not as refine as the A3. A3 costs a lot more too and if your goal is bass and some other styles of music then the 90ex if you listen to bass and many styles of music the A3. I would say just get both. Sound stage on both are pretty good and a bit wider on the A3 but the 90ex sound stage once brned in and you tried some various tips can be wider than many higher priced IEMs.

Do you think the A3 would be the optimal option for bass and clarity out of an iphone or there are better easy driven iems out there? I'm looking at the new brave series Forte and they got a very low impedance 16-18ohm which could be way more appropriate without the amp.than that embarrassing design from Sony. Thanks.

Sep 13, 2015 at 4:39 AM Post #1,779 of 12,597
Do you think the A3 would be the optimal option for bass and clarity out of an iphone or there are better easy driven iems out there? I'm looking at the new brave series Forte and they got a very low impedance 16-18ohm which could be way more appropriate without the amp.than that embarrassing design from Sony. Thanks.
For your wants and needs you could think of a Senn IE80, they deliver the goods in all departments:blush:

Sep 13, 2015 at 5:07 AM Post #1,782 of 12,597
  I hate the fatiguing midbass hump, I have the fx750 which are more or less similar to ie80 and I'm craving for more subbass. wd2 have more subbass than 750s but they both are very easy to drive.

Get the A3 and the Comply tips will assure good fit and isolation while the non metallic 16mm and 2 BA will give you your sub-bass and clarity.

MUST have the comply tips.

Sep 13, 2015 at 7:16 AM Post #1,784 of 12,597
Aurisonics' new Kicker supposed to be a bass monster and Dale said its focus is on subbass rather than midbass.

Well you live just north of me. Send me yours
wink.gif

Where can i get a listen to the bass monsters? The 2.5 and xb90ex are already list toppers...how does one go about confirming bass monster status? We got any bassheads with a set?

Sep 13, 2015 at 7:23 AM Post #1,785 of 12,597
it just came out a few days ago so i haven't heard it. Dale said Kicker is all about the bass hence the name ass-Kicker lol
asg 2.5 is known for its bass so i'm curious about Kicker and other Bravo line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back