Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Sep 13, 2015 at 11:25 AM Post #1,787 of 12,597
it just came out a few days ago so i haven't heard it. Dale said Kicker is all about the bass hence the name ass-Kicker lol
asg 2.5 is known for its bass so i'm curious about Kicker and other Bravo line.

I don't know who Dale is but if he made the 2.5 he knows What he's doing so..

Mr Dale,

Have your people call my people and we move a few thousand units like it's nothing........nothing my dear friend, in fact...we change your name to dear friend instead of Dale and we make this whole thing easier. Did I say thousand? I meant millions my friend....millions!!
biggrin.gif

Seriously though..
Another beast mode bass bomber that sounds like a dream (2.5)   would be epic.

Sep 14, 2015 at 3:56 AM Post #1,791 of 12,597
Sep 14, 2015 at 5:14 AM Post #1,792 of 12,597
  What kind of bass they got  mid-bass, sub-bass, long decay , short decay.What kind of highs more laid back or sparked. Please more specifics. Thanks.

Sub-bass dominant. with a slope into the mids. Sound like the IEM version of the M-Audio Q40. Very good for anything. Highs are smooth but not audibly rolled off. Really love them on rock and roll and Reggae and are good with Hip Hop. They do not and should not be paired with an amp. a smartphone or DAP alone is enough power as they are 30mW max input. They come with comply tips.

Sep 14, 2015 at 2:09 PM Post #1,793 of 12,597
Fiio OTG cables shipped, so I guess I'll just hope they last longer than they did for you Hawaiibadboy.

As well, I did some critical listening, not easy for me as I usually get lost in the music, between Poweramp and Onkyo HF players. I found Onkyo, although not as user friendly, is the better sounding player. It's easier to adjust the parametric EQ, and get a nicer sound.

Sep 14, 2015 at 10:41 PM Post #1,794 of 12,597
Fiio OTG cables shipped, so I guess I'll just hope they last longer than they did for you @Hawaiibadboy.

As well, I did some critical listening, not easy for me as I usually get lost in the music, between Poweramp and Onkyo HF players. I found Onkyo, although not as user friendly, is the better sounding player. It's easier to adjust the parametric EQ, and get a nicer sound.

I balked at the interface and sound? I dunno? but after getting the signal amped I was all over the 16,000 freq band FIR EQ. For a real genuine where the fu am I on the signal it's the best but the gui could use a face lift. There is sooooo much stuff out there but they dont sport a parametric eq.

You will likely change your mind everyday
tongue.gif
....so much out there but this is the best matching settings app for sure.

Tell the Ali seller by PM it ain't gonna work...so you send it back. So far as I recall Ali does not debit the account until it is recieved. Ship it back and open a polite dispute. If you open it your stuck...just my opinion. Aliexpress has always been very good to me.

Sep 15, 2015 at 2:03 AM Post #1,795 of 12,597

Sub-bass dominant. with a slope into the mids. Sound like the IEM version of the M-Audio Q40. Very good for anything. Highs are smooth but not audibly rolled off. Really love them on rock and roll and Reggae and are good with Hip Hop. They do not and should not be paired with an amp. a smartphone or DAP alone is enough power as they are 30mW max input. They come with comply tips.

Niii-ccce , did you have a chance to compare them to wooduo2? They got to be really good with Progressive Trance.

Sep 15, 2015 at 2:24 AM Post #1,796 of 12,597
  Niii-ccce , did you have a chance to compare them to wooduo2? They got to be really good with Progressive Trance.

For that genre check in the Alpha Delta thread. I listened to Hip hop reggae/Hawaiian and Classic rock. I think @nmatheis listens to Trance? That is an important question so put it to the thread crowd. I honestly could not comment on that genre'

Sep 15, 2015 at 3:27 AM Post #1,797 of 12,597

For that genre check in the Alpha Delta thread. I listened to Hip hop reggae/Hawaiian and Classic rock. I think @nmatheis listens to Trance? That is an important question so put it to the thread crowd. I honestly could not comment on that genre'

Goog point, Thank you Hawaiibadboy for de honesty and the right direction.I'll check with them. 

Sep 15, 2015 at 9:06 AM Post #1,798 of 12,597
 I balked at the interface and sound? I dunno? but after getting the signal amped I was all over the 16,000 freq band FIR EQ. For a real genuine where the fu am I on the signal it's the best but the gui could use a face lift. There is sooooo much stuff out there but they dont sport a parametric eq.

You will likely change your mind everyday:p ....so much out there but this is the best matching settings app for sure.

Tell the Ali seller by PM it ain't gonna work...so you send it back. So far as I recall Ali does not debit the account until it is recieved. Ship it back and open a polite dispute. If you open it your stuck...just my opinion. Aliexpress has always been very good to me.

No, I said I balked at the Onkyo interface. As for the OTG cables, they already took the money from my bank account, and besides, being in Canada, it would be more to ship them back to Singapore, than it would be just to keep them. Canada Post is expensive, I should know, I work for them.

Sep 15, 2015 at 9:15 AM Post #1,799 of 12,597
No, I said I balked at the Onkyo interface. As for the OTG cables, they already took the money from my bank account, and besides, being in Canada, it would be more to ship them back to Singapore, than it would be just to keep them. Canada Post is expensive, I should know, I work for them.

Aliexpress changed their system or it is country specific. Given Japan and China relations it could be country specific?
Either way I'm sorry. Best case it works and worst case you got a spare for a future e18...which kicks ass btw. I owe you an apology (I'm sorry) and a something from Japan sometime.

Sep 15, 2015 at 10:09 AM Post #1,800 of 12,597
So I got to messing with the Koss Prodj 100 again.  I used Accudio with the JVC HA-SZ2000 EQ setting.  This is my lazy man way of  EQ'ing and tweak from there. There are so many preset EQ's not to get bored with.   I added bass and subbass on top and it sounds way nicer now. Nice clean sound with lots of bass impact and subbass.  Vibrates nicely around your ears.  So, I said to myself, why not plug in the Pioneer Pioneer SE-CX8-T on the same EQ settings and see what happens.  Sjesus, the subbass rumbles nicely and goes deep.  There is enough impact to go along with all the thunder. So I swapped out the Muses01 for the cheaper version MUSES8920 and the bass is even better to my ears.  Made my workout so much more fun last night.  Just picture a 40 yr old bopping his head like a loon in a gym.  This morning I took the slowest walk into work just so I could jam out some more.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back