Head-Direct RE0 Appreciation Thread
Sep 18, 2010 at 8:31 PM Post #226 of 470
Oh yes something else ive been wondering about. How do most people have the wires? Since using CX300 for 3 years im so used to having them right phone wire behind my neck which is very comfortable and makes the cord run really smooth against ure body so it dosent go around hitting stuff which causes sound issues. I really would like to be able to have like that with my Re0 but im guessing thats impossible. So how do you have it? Any tricks or so that would make it better.

Oct 1, 2010 at 6:14 AM Post #227 of 470
I just recieved my RE0's yesterday morning along with a Fiio E5.
Am running them from my iPhone3 at the moment but I'm looking at getting a Cowon J3 soon.

I have a slight crackling sound out of the right side, only at certain frequencies. Its very hard to pick up. I dont notice it when playing rock, but in some sharp and clean classical pieces I can hear this crackle. Its almost like hearing a FM radio thats not quite tuned in.

Anyways, I dont know if its worth sending them back for a replacement or not. Has anyone dealt with Head-Direct for warranty?

I also somehow lost one of the small bi-flange tips, which are the only one's I could get to stay in my ear properly, so if anyone has a spare pair they they wouldnt mind posting (at my expense of course) to Aus, please let me know :)
Otherwise I might look at getting some Comply's or a MEElectronics M11 tip set.

Oct 1, 2010 at 6:25 AM Post #228 of 470
I own a set of RE0s again, its an older version with the straight plug and fabric cable and I'm still impressed.  I love the detail and treble sparkle, its definately a good addition to my triple fi.  I'm using the Sony Hybrids, it's amazing how many IEMs feel comfy/fit well after using triple fis.  

Oct 22, 2010 at 4:21 AM Post #229 of 470
 Seems like an old thread and am hoping to ignite some form of discussion here regarding the RE0. I had my RE0's for around 3 months now and am juggling them with my FA DBA-02's and FA Eternas in terms of use. Just one question regarding the RE0: Anyone out there noticed the 2 small port holes at the back of the phones? Actually, one of the holes appear to be closed or sealed and since I thought they're meant to be real port holes, so I punctured them. To my understanding, the more port holes the better the bass response. I tried sealing the holes back and didnt seem to notice any difference. I'd appreciate your thoughts...anyone

Oct 22, 2010 at 4:56 AM Post #230 of 470
Quote:
 Seems like an old thread and am hoping to ignite some form of discussion here regarding the RE0. I had my RE0's for around 3 months now and am juggling them with my FA DBA-02's and FA Eternas in terms of use. Just one question regarding the RE0: Anyone out there noticed the 2 small port holes at the back of the phones? Actually, one of the holes appear to be closed or sealed and since I thought they're meant to be real port holes, so I punctured them. To my understanding, the more port holes the better the bass response. I tried sealing the holes back and didnt seem to notice any difference. I'd appreciate your thoughts...anyone

From my experience on RE0, neither of those hole has any acoustic impact on the sound.

Oct 22, 2010 at 10:12 AM Post #231 of 470

Quote:
I thought it was block so I did the same too poking the closed hole. I did find that the bass improved but not sure is it psychological
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by leonsphinx /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Nov 3, 2010 at 11:12 AM Post #232 of 470
just picked up my RE0s from my college post office.  all i can say is these are making me smile in ways my SE530s never could muster.  its been about 3 months since my shures, and maybe its b/c ive been limping around with my triports for portables, but these IEMs are very very good.  guess i never beleived the hype at such a low price point.  thanks head-fi for helping with another great buy, ive been away for too long.

Nov 3, 2010 at 11:26 PM Post #234 of 470

Quote:
just picked up my RE0s from my college post office.  all i can say is these are making me smile in ways my SE530s never could muster.  its been about 3 months since my shures, and maybe its b/c ive been limping around with my triports for portables, but these IEMs are very very good.  guess i never beleived the hype at such a low price point.  thanks head-fi for helping with another great buy, ive been away for too long.

Agree...have been using it for 3 months now and am still amazed by how good it sounds, considering its low price
L3000.gif
The only gripe i have for them is the lack of soundstage and isolation

Nov 9, 2010 at 2:48 AM Post #236 of 470
I just got my pair of RE-0. They sound great, really neutral without overemphasized treble or bass. I'm not sure why people think it is bass light, it sounds like it has a fair amount of bass to me.

Nov 9, 2010 at 7:18 AM Post #237 of 470
I have found that bass really becomes source dependent with the RE0s, I have recordings where the bass is not very present then others where I'm amazed at the amount I'm hearing.

That to me seems to be the definition of "neutral" - still, with adjusting EQ settings you can squeeze more low end out of recordings that are lacking.  I love how responsive these are to little EQ tweaks.

Nov 9, 2010 at 9:13 PM Post #239 of 470

Quote:
I just got my pair of RE-0. They sound great, really neutral without overemphasized treble or bass. I'm not sure why people think it is bass light, it sounds like it has a fair amount of bass to me.

LoL..just goes to show that we all have different ideas of "neutral". I find them bass light, but really do enjoy them with a FiiO E5 (bass boost on). I consider the SE535s far more neutral and they have quite a bit more bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back