Head-Direct RE0 Appreciation Thread
Nov 14, 2010 at 12:55 PM Post #241 of 470
Has anyone noticed that the small biflange is way too soft? I've been having trouble with getting a good seal with it (takes a few tries and nudging), so I tried my ultimate ear biflange, which looks almost identical, but is a little stiffer. The ultimate ear biflange seals much more easily.

Nov 14, 2010 at 5:38 PM Post #242 of 470
Can you EQ RE0 to bass level of, say, M50 without degrading SQ too much?

Nov 14, 2010 at 6:02 PM Post #243 of 470
EQ can only do so much. These just are not very bassy earphones. If you want that you will have to get something else.

Nov 14, 2010 at 7:13 PM Post #244 of 470
I have a couple of questions. What do you guys mean wear them over ear? And also, has anyone else had one of the earbuds fail on them? Its happened to me twice and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong, this time I was sort of pushing them into my ear and then the right earbud just quit working on me

Nov 14, 2010 at 8:59 PM Post #245 of 470

Quote:
I have a couple of questions. What do you guys mean wear them over ear? And also, has anyone else had one of the earbuds fail on them? Its happened to me twice and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong, this time I was sort of pushing them into my ear and then the right earbud just quit working on me

Over the ear means you wrap the cable over your ear and into the canal. It reduces microphonics significantly. 

For the second question, make sure your taking care of your cables. Pulling them around and/or stuffing them into bags/pockets etc will put a lot of stress onto the cable. 

Nov 14, 2010 at 11:00 PM Post #247 of 470
does the FiiO E5 come bundled with the RE0 or do you have to purchase it separately?
i think i read it does but it is from some Indian website =/

I have a J3 and i want to try the RE0 but i am not sure if i should wait for Black Friday.
How was head-direct.com on Black Friday last year? any deals...any hope?
lol

doesnt matter, after BF, i am just going to take the shot.

Nov 14, 2010 at 11:18 PM Post #248 of 470
Last Black Friday Fang specifically stated that the RE0 price will not go down anymore than the $79 it is at. The RE252 did go for $99 for either 24 or 48 hours last year before it went back to $199.

If you have a J3 I wouldn't bother with the E5 and just stick to using EQ on it but not go overboard with the EQ.

Nov 15, 2010 at 12:32 AM Post #249 of 470
IIRC, the RE-0 only came with a FiiO E5 when it was just released, at the higher price, but not anymore at the current price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cRodz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
does the FiiO E5 come bundled with the RE0 or do you have to purchase it separately?
i think i read it does but it is from some Indian website =/

Nov 17, 2010 at 4:45 AM Post #250 of 470

Quote:
Has anyone noticed that the small biflange is way too soft? I've been having trouble with getting a good seal with it (takes a few tries and nudging), so I tried my ultimate ear biflange, which looks almost identical, but is a little stiffer. The ultimate ear biflange seals much more easily.

I ordered some Monster triple flanges after reading rawrster's RE-Zero Review and they are the best tips I've used for the RE0. 

Nov 17, 2010 at 8:03 PM Post #251 of 470
What are some other tips with wide, short openings like the stock head-direct/hifiman tips?

I didn't like complies, sony hybrids, or my MTPC's stock tips with RE0 and RE-ZERO and I would prefer to avoid multi-flange tips.  RE-ZERO gradually slips out over time and RE0 sometimes does, too, but with that one I have more trouble getting a good seal without suction lately.  I'm thinking my ears have changed slightly from using RE252 (with gel supertips) most of the time or my MTPC with hybrids.
Anyway, I would like some alternatives for ZERO/RE0, preferably tips with wide, short openings like the stock buds.  No foam or multi-flanges, please.

I've seen Auvio tips at Radioshack and they seem similar if I recall correctly.  Anyone tried those?

Nov 17, 2010 at 11:51 PM Post #252 of 470
UE grey single flanges? I'm assuming you tried the sony hybrids. If you rule out multi flanges there's not much else I can think of.

Nov 18, 2010 at 5:49 AM Post #253 of 470

UE grey single flanges? I'm assuming you tried the sony hybrids. If you rule out multi flanges there's not much else I can think of.

X2. Been using my single flange UE superfi 5 pro on my RE0 and they seal quite well. The RE0 are not actually meant for a deep insertion so try using a larger tip than what u usually use to get a total seal. You can also cut off the larger flange of the stock bi flanges (the larger ones) and they more or less have the same effect as the UE's

Nov 18, 2010 at 4:10 PM Post #254 of 470
Deep insertion isn't necessary with RE0 - in fact, I like that about it very much.

Dec 4, 2010 at 12:10 PM Post #255 of 470
Bought my RE0 about two months ago when my ADDIEMs died. Thoughts:

Comfort: These are very uncomfortable. I haven't found any of the tips to be amazing, but I've settled for the ones with the best seal. The bi-flanges are soft and hard to get in properly. With the single tips the ridges on the IEM body rub my ear at times with doesn't feel too good.

Sound: They sound cold. Very precise and accurate, but they are too cold for my liking. I feel like I'm dissecting songs rather than listening with these. The mids and highs are fantastic, but the lows are worse than the AD700s, which I'm shocked.

I like these, they've grown on me throughout the 100 or so hours of use, but I prefer my ADDIEMs personally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back