HE-500 Review and Shoot out.
Jan 18, 2013 at 4:05 PM Post #661 of 846
Quick question for anyone that is using just the Lyr and the HE-500, how far is your volume knob?

Mine is about in the 1pm-2pm range, is that normal? Quieter recordings I do turn it up a bit more. I just want to make sure I don't have a faulty Lyr.

2pm? Ru deaf? :D i listened to it at 9pm..more would be to loud...did u check theoutput of ur source? Is it turned up to max? as then u could use the volume on the lyr as main volume..

Jan 18, 2013 at 4:45 PM Post #662 of 846
Quote:
2pm? Ru deaf?
biggrin.gif
i listened to it at 9pm..more would be to loud...did u check theoutput of ur source? Is it turned up to max? as then u could use the volume on the lyr as main volume..

Wow, how do you do that ? :D i hope my hearing isnt damaged already 
confused.gif

Jan 18, 2013 at 4:46 PM Post #663 of 846
Quote:
Wow, how do you do that ? :D i hope my hearing isnt damaged already 
confused.gif

are you running it out of your computer? if so, turn your computers volume all the way up, then turn your amp all the way down....now turn the amp up untill it's listenable.

Jan 18, 2013 at 4:51 PM Post #664 of 846
Thats exacly what I did, but it isnt listenable under 10 oclock. Is it possible that Macs dont run as loud as windows PCs ? :D

Jan 18, 2013 at 8:33 PM Post #667 of 846
Quote:
Would an Objective 2 be able to drive the HE-500 properly?

Yeah, it should do fine. Just make sure you have a powerful enough power supply so that you can use the high (6.5x) gain setting without distorting.

Jan 18, 2013 at 9:43 PM Post #669 of 846
It's still naughty, with or without an apostrophe... 
wink.gif

Jan 19, 2013 at 9:47 AM Post #671 of 846
I installed foobar2000 because I kept hearing about it. I have to admit it is very modular. But I couldn't use it for ONE reason : you can class the files by date created. So when im downloading new music on 1 big folder, I cannot listen to the latest easily. NB: its really date created that works, and not date modified or added, because these 2 get written when importing files so are not reliable.

Musiclife, you could create a new playlist e.g. with the name of the date and drag all your new files in there.

Jan 20, 2013 at 7:21 PM Post #673 of 846
Quote:
Yep my source is turned all the way up.

And I hope I am not losing my hearing!

if you have it up that loud...and it's not painful to listen to...I got bad news for you buddy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back