hd25-1 impressions thread
Aug 18, 2011 at 9:36 PM Post #1,471 of 3,348

Quote:
I'm starting to like how my HD 25-1 II sounds. In the beginning, I thought it sounded too bright and lacking a little bass, much like when I auditioned the ATH M50. But I guess the sound grew on me. Right now, I hear a more balanced sound. The bass has gained and improved, just the way I like it, and the highs have gotten tamed to my satisfaction.

We really have our own opinions and impressions, as we have different preferences.

yea same here, either I got use to the sound or it actually did change because I preferred my m-50's over the HD-25s, but now I like the Hd25's better.

Aug 18, 2011 at 11:53 PM Post #1,472 of 3,348
Ok, I've been with these headphones now for the past 8+ months, but I think it's time I put them up for sale.

Partly because I want a new amp, but also because, as I've stated before these headphones are not the most portable out there.

They're more of what I'd call transportable rather than mobile.

The sound is great, but the thick long wire, beefy plug, non-folding cups, are a big drawback.

I'd like a smaller profile headphone with a true thin wire, I can take with me on my commute and not feel like I have something ginormous on my head or have to struggle with a thick long wire that gets caught on random things.

I guess I'm posting this here because sometimes sound is not the most important aspect of a headphone.  I will dearly miss the sound, but I'm not going to miss lugging them around with me.  I'll replace them mostly likely during the holidays, for right now I'm running with IEMs.

Aug 19, 2011 at 3:06 AM Post #1,473 of 3,348
@ roker - if you want a slightly more portable headphone, check out the AKG K518 LE. The SQ is not as good as the HD25, but considering that the K518 cost about one third compared to the HD25, they sound amazing for the price. The cable is more thin than the HD25's and the K518 are foldable.

I bought a pair of HD25 for me and a pair of K518 for my wife, and listening to her K518, I feel that I would probably have been just as happy with the K518. Just remember to remove the extra foam inserts from the ear cups and the bass will become less pronounced and the overall sound much more balanced...

Aug 20, 2011 at 4:12 AM Post #1,474 of 3,348

Quote:
@ roker - if you want a slightly more portable headphone, check out the AKG K518 LE. The SQ is not as good as the HD25, but considering that the K518 cost about one third compared to the HD25, they sound amazing for the price. The cable is more thin than the HD25's and the K518 are foldable.

I bought a pair of HD25 for me and a pair of K518 for my wife, and listening to her K518, I feel that I would probably have been just as happy with the K518. Just remember to remove the extra foam inserts from the ear cups and the bass will become less pronounced and the overall sound much more balanced...

Ok, I'll give it a shot.  Hopefully they'll have it on display at B & H, if not ... I may end up springing for them because they're so cheap.

Aug 21, 2011 at 9:26 AM Post #1,475 of 3,348
If you won't miss the isolation, you could also try the PX200-II, they're like baby HD25s, made me fall in love with this kind of sound (tight bass, upfront mids). The highs are not nearly as lively, detailed and fast as the HDs, but much more portable, even compared to the AKGs.

Aug 21, 2011 at 1:33 PM Post #1,476 of 3,348
hi. I'm planning to buy a pair of these headphones and I have heard some bad comments about its sound stage, is it true?     and which one is  better in your opinnion, the normal version or the adidas one? (despite the price)

Aug 21, 2011 at 1:50 PM Post #1,477 of 3,348
If you call the "normal" version the HD-25 II then there is no difference to the adidas one regarding the sound.

The soundstage is indeed not so great as with a full sized headphone but the sound itself is pretty good :).

Sep 1, 2011 at 8:31 PM Post #1,478 of 3,348
I've just recently heard about the M Moda M-80's (or V-80s which are some special edition but the same headphone) and they seem to be a real contender to the 25's. I tried searching the forums but I can't find much of a review on these. What I really want to see is a comparison of these to the HD-25's. Anyone else heard anything about these?

Sep 2, 2011 at 1:46 AM Post #1,479 of 3,348

Quote:
I've just recently heard about the M Moda M-80's (or V-80s which are some special edition but the same headphone) and they seem to be a real contender to the 25's. I tried searching the forums but I can't find much of a review on these. What I really want to see is a comparison of these to the HD-25's. Anyone else heard anything about these?

Not here, but posting here to say that i've had my hd25's for 2 weeks now and loving them

Sep 2, 2011 at 2:45 AM Post #1,480 of 3,348
Quote:

Yes...I've got a pair.  They sound fantastic.  They remind me a lot of my GR07 iems with just a touch more bass quantity.  I had a pair of HD25s at one time which I loved as well.  The highs on the HD25s seem to be a bit more piercing yet they really shine when it comes to mids.  They aren't nearly as prominent on the M80s.  So it all depends when you're looking for in a headphone.  I personally am going to stick with the M80s for the comfort, build quality and the portability...plus their sound sig is pretty close to my GR07s which took me about six months of trying **** near every IEM available to find and stick with.

Sep 3, 2011 at 1:33 PM Post #1,481 of 3,348

Quote:
Not here, but posting here to say that i've had my hd25's for 2 weeks now and loving them

there is always a lot of hype everytime a similar headphone is released, ie: TMA-1, DT1350, and more. truth is the senn has been around since 1988 and still so popular for a good reason.

Sep 3, 2011 at 3:40 PM Post #1,482 of 3,348

I was suppose to quote this comment not Ikel's one

Quote:

Sep 3, 2011 at 4:37 PM Post #1,483 of 3,348
My second HD-25's arrived today.  My Adidas Originals have become very hard to get my hands on lately as my girlfriend loves the sound and "they look cool".  

I went with black/minimal bling so they aren't as attractive this time!

Sep 3, 2011 at 5:20 PM Post #1,484 of 3,348
Hi, I have been searching all day for the OFC cable (part no.74532) for the sennheiser HD25-1. However I can not find a good webshop to get them. Any of you guys know a good place to get them in 2011? I live in the Netherland so preferable somewhere in the EU.

Or may there be other suggestions for a portable cable to use with the hd25-1? I really dislike the shrill voices the hd25-1 and hope to change that with a cable replacement. I don't have a problem with reterminating cables as I have done it before. Any help appreciated!

Sep 3, 2011 at 6:24 PM Post #1,485 of 3,348
dont know it it would help with the sound, but I made my own with the cardas senn plug and canare starquad cable, is actually rather easy if you have solder plugs before.
on the con the cardas senn plug is overpriced and kind of ****ty. (cheap plastic)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back