hd25-1 impressions thread
Jun 19, 2011 at 10:27 PM Post #1,336 of 3,348
no, she loves the HD-25s - it's just that I got her an orange cable for them that she loves, and the orange pads were a slightly different orange that didn't match.

Jun 21, 2011 at 5:51 PM Post #1,337 of 3,348
I just received my HD 25s yesterday, and I love them!  They were a bit smaller than i expected them to me which is a nice surprise. 

I got mine for 130 shipped off Amazon.  Such a steal!

Jun 21, 2011 at 7:42 PM Post #1,338 of 3,348
I installed some velour pads on my HD-25 today - compared to the HD 25 with the pleather pads, with the velour pads seem to make the HD 25 sound more forward and with tighter, less rumblier, bass.

Jun 21, 2011 at 8:14 PM Post #1,339 of 3,348

Quote:
I just received my HD 25s yesterday, and I love them!  They were a bit smaller than i expected them to me which is a nice surprise. 

I got mine for 130 shipped off Amazon.  Such a steal!

I'm sorry, did you by any chance get them from the Price Pros? I almost bought them, but thought they probably were either HD 25 SPs or fakes. If you did buy the original HD 25, did it come with the pleather or velour pads?

Jun 21, 2011 at 8:17 PM Post #1,340 of 3,348
He probably got them from DAHMART who sells a lot of refurb Sennheiser products. I bought a pair myself when they priced their HD25s for $75(
eek.gif
). They came with both pleather and velour pads and the 1/4" adapter.

Quote:

I'm sorry, did you by any chance get them from the Price Pros? I almost bought them, but thought they probably were either HD 25 SPs or fakes. If you did buy the original HD 25, did it come with the pleather or velour pads?

Jun 21, 2011 at 9:02 PM Post #1,341 of 3,348

Quote:
He probably got them from DAHMART who sells a lot of refurb Sennheiser products. I bought a pair myself when they priced their HD25s for $75(
eek.gif

Well, he said he got them from Amazon and the only store I know that sells them at 130 USD is Price Pros (http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-Studio-Monitor-Headphones/dp/B00023J592/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1308704328&sr=8-2). Considering they are new and that I've never heard of DAHMART, I feel safer buying from Amazon (if they are legit, that is). Thanks for the tip anyway, if all else fails, I'll be sure to try it!

Jun 21, 2011 at 9:10 PM Post #1,342 of 3,348

Quote:
eek.gif

that is quite a deal you got there! worthy contender of the second place 
biggrin.gif
 50$ at best buy clearance sell 
biggrin.gif
 but mines had no accessories...

Jun 21, 2011 at 9:47 PM Post #1,343 of 3,348
Yeah, DAHMART sells on Amazon too.http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000TDZOXG/ref=sr_1_1_olp?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1308707120&sr=1-1&condition=used

I guess Price Pros would be a better deal since it's new. DAHMART tends to lower prices randomly so you could find a great deal on it.

Quote:

Well, he said he got them from Amazon and the only store I know that sells them at 130 USD is Price Pros (http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-Studio-Monitor-Headphones/dp/B00023J592/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1308704328&sr=8-2). Considering they are new and that I've never heard of DAHMART, I feel safer buying from Amazon (if they are legit, that is). Thanks for the tip anyway, if all else fails, I'll be sure to try it!

eek.gif
And I thought I got a good deal. That is an INSANE deal. Now I have to check Best Buy clearances for deals.
Quote:

that is quite a deal you got there! worthy contender of the second place 
biggrin.gif
 50$ at best buy clearance sell 
biggrin.gif
 but mines had no accessories...

Jun 21, 2011 at 11:11 PM Post #1,344 of 3,348
I bought directly from amazon. It was sold by amazon. I got them brand new with all the accessories. I think they had them mispriced for a week. The item number said they were the hd 25sp, but the pictures were of the hd25 1 ii. I actually received the sps but I called and complained so they crossed shipped me a pair of the ones that I told them I wanted. They even sent a call tag for me to ship the SPs back. So all in all I received a smoking deal on a brand new pair of hd25s. I should have bought more.

The item title and description were of the hd25 1 ii so it wasn't just the pictures that showed the right pair. Just the item number all the way at the botttom contained sp in it. The pricing was fixed and increased about a day after I ordered.

Jun 23, 2011 at 11:30 PM Post #1,345 of 3,348
Quote:
I installed some velour pads on my HD-25 today - compared to the HD 25 with the pleather pads, with the velour pads seem to make the HD 25 sound more forward and with tighter, less rumblier, bass.

Wow! My HD 25 are now sounding like a new pair of headphones with the velour pads; there's much more clarity in their sound. I highly recommended velour pads to any HD 25-er. 
happy_face1.gif

Jun 25, 2011 at 2:54 AM Post #1,347 of 3,348
after a few days with these, i can say i am honestly really pleased with these.  They are the best headphones I have owned yet, and I love how rugged they are.  These are the headphones I should have bought years ago instead, but maybe price was an issue at that time for me too.  i got really lucky to score these for such a great price.

Jun 28, 2011 at 10:28 PM Post #1,349 of 3,348

Quote:
So, I pulled the trigger on the HD 25-1 IIs, from Amazon (decided not to risk the better deal). I'm coming from iBuds, I expect a huge shock 
smile.gif

Heh, that's a nice step up! Just remember that positioning is important so play around with it and try the hum method. Also, they do benefit from a little burn-in so it may be a little harsh at first, but I wouldn't spend time trying to burn them in. Just listen and hopefully enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back