hd25-1 impressions thread
Mar 6, 2011 at 2:28 PM Post #1,141 of 3,348

Quote:
Thanks a lot of the replies.  I'm trying to find a place that has a pair of HD25-1s to demo in chicago.  Anyone have any ideas?

best buy?

they had it in denver. it was the last pair and wanna kknow what? i bought them for 50$ (discounted because they have been 2 months on showcase to try out) best deal ever!

and i love them.

Mar 6, 2011 at 5:59 PM Post #1,142 of 3,348

Quote:
If I thought that the Ms400 didn't have enough bass, what would I think about the Hd25-1?

The HD25 is said to have less impact in the bass than the MS400, so if the MS400 isn't enough for you, the HD25 certainly won't be. The HD25 trends more towards an analytical, dry sound. It certainly has a fun factor in listening to it, but compared to the MS400, it should sound like a monitor, heh.

Mar 6, 2011 at 10:02 PM Post #1,143 of 3,348
What are the lengths of the HD25-1 II cable?
From y-split to plug and then the individual lengths of the two cables going from y-plit to headphone cups.

Mar 6, 2011 at 11:10 PM Post #1,145 of 3,348
w00t!

Thanks!

Mar 6, 2011 at 11:47 PM Post #1,146 of 3,348
wink.gif

btw here's a photo I took

Mar 7, 2011 at 12:21 AM Post #1,147 of 3,348

Quote:
The HD25 is said to have less impact in the bass than the MS400, so if the MS400 isn't enough for you, the HD25 certainly won't be. The HD25 trends more towards an analytical, dry sound. It certainly has a fun factor in listening to it, but compared to the MS400, it should sound like a monitor, heh.

That's bad news for me :/

Mar 7, 2011 at 7:30 PM Post #1,150 of 3,348
I know I've said this before, but a thinner, shorter wire with an iPod button would be the icing on the cake for these headphones.

Make it happen Sennheiser ... make it happen.

Mar 8, 2011 at 12:54 AM Post #1,151 of 3,348

Quote:
I know I've said this before, but a thinner, shorter wire with an iPod button would be the icing on the cake for these headphones.

Make it happen mod masters ... make it happen.

fixed.

I am building one, shorter and easier to handle, (and hopefully nicer). no idea about the ipod thing.

Mar 8, 2011 at 1:03 AM Post #1,152 of 3,348
I know exactly how you feel!  I've pretty much decided on these for sound quality but now I'm having a hard time choosing between the tma-1s and these because I could easily buy a mic cable to use with the tmas but I'm not too sure if i could find one for these.  A mic cable is a huge plus for me because I'm usually on the phone 6+ hours a day.
Quote:

Make it happen Sennheiser ... make it happen.

Mar 8, 2011 at 2:26 AM Post #1,153 of 3,348

Quote:
I asked this this over at the TMA-1 topic but I thought I would ask the same here so I could balance out both sides.

I'm currently looking for a $200 pair of closed headphones and I value quality.  I mostly listen to hip hop and some pop and I value a nice punchy bass and detail.  From what I've read in various topics the HD25-1s are brighter which many people say gives it a step up in clarity vs. the TMA-1s which have a darker sound signature.  Which headphone would you guys recommend for hip hop?  I really like being able to hear subtle details in music that i've never heard before but I also like a punchy bass because it keeps the music lively and exciting.  Is there anyone here who owns both who can give me a recommendation?  I currently have sr60s which I understand are somewhat similar to the HD25-1s in sound signature but I'm not sure if that means I should get something similar or try to get something else as a change of pace. 
blink.gif

Thanks so much for your time, I would really appreciate your opinions!

HD25-1 as mentioned before sound balanced and dont over emphasize bass, as such alot of hip hop might sound bright or harsh as well as might not be boomy but the vocals will be extremely clear as well as u will hear alot of other details put into the songs normaly consumed by bass, (guitars,and other effects...) which can make some artists very enjoyable to listen (Jay-Z's first album sounds good with good deep bass and good clarity, Eminem's newest album sounds quiet abit bright, and bass is lacking, on other hand Linking Park reanimation, sounds supurb, great bass and detail all around (best sounding album I heard on HD25-1's so far)). In the end dont expect these cans to blow your mind by the bass, but more by the separation of instruments and clarity of the vocals, for boomy bass look else where.

Zune HD >Ibasso T3>Mogami 2983 cable>HD25-1.

Mar 10, 2011 at 12:53 AM Post #1,154 of 3,348

Quote:
I know exactly how you feel!  I've pretty much decided on these for sound quality but now I'm having a hard time choosing between the tma-1s and these because I could easily buy a mic cable to use with the tmas but I'm not too sure if i could find one for these.  A mic cable is a huge plus for me because I'm usually on the phone 6+ hours a day.

Tell me about it, I'm usually at work now when I'm using my HD25s (in fact, I just leave them there now), and it's a pain to have to hold the phone to my mouth to talk on the phone.

I'd like to keep working and speaking discretely. 

Quote:
fixed.

I am building one, shorter and easier to handle, (and hopefully nicer). no idea about the ipod thing.

Hey let me know if you start selling them, I may go for one.

Yeah, the iPod thing is asking for too much.  I'd just like a shorter, thinner cable with a straight plug on the end.

Mar 10, 2011 at 10:13 PM Post #1,155 of 3,348
Hey let me know if you start selling them, I may go for one.

Yeah, the iPod thing is asking for too much.  I'd just like a shorter, thinner cable with a straight plug on the end.

dont think so, Im sort of newbie into making cables, but ill try to get better in this  one. there are a lot of MOT willing to build cables for you,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back