hd25-1 impressions thread
Feb 2, 2011 at 6:13 AM Post #1,112 of 3,348

Quote:
Quote:
I'm so keen to buy a pair of these, they sound absolutely amazing!! :D

Sound as in you have heard them sound? But yes they are brilliant portable phones - one of the best in my opinion.

You might be able to find better headphones, but not one that combine durability, isolation, and sound in one package.

The only offerings that might beat this in sound are the premium ones by Audio Technica, but none of those will withstand a natural disaster while saving your ears.

Feb 2, 2011 at 9:10 AM Post #1,114 of 3,348

Quote:
For those considering the HD-25-1 II, check out joker's portable review if you haven't yet. Scroll down 3/4 of the way to the Tier A category. He rates them #1.

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/433318/shootout-65-portable-headphones-reviewed-tdk-wr700-akg-k430-added-01-08#post_5830274

Thanks for the link - I'm pondering getting a pair and that certainly is convincing...  I just wish it had a bigger/deeper soundstage....  Then again, I haven't even heard them yet.

Feb 2, 2011 at 5:03 PM Post #1,115 of 3,348
@Blackbeard Ben: The HD 25-1 are great for Rock and are robust noise-cancelling headphones, making them excellent for portable use. 

Feb 11, 2011 at 2:48 PM Post #1,116 of 3,348
I still love the sound of these ugly little things comfort has gotten way better over the last few 4 weeks, but I'm afraid durability is not as I expected since I just returned them today because sound in the right cup started to fall out as soon as something touched the little cable which goes into the cup. I hope i just got a bad pair becouse this is unacceptable, I only used them on the train and on the bike and I used the supplied bag when i put them in my bags, anybody had some experience with this?

So i'm a little dissapointed for now but I probally just received a bad pair since I only read raving reviews about the built quality, and from experience in the past with thomann I can savely say I probally won't have to live without them for more than a week!

Feb 11, 2011 at 5:37 PM Post #1,117 of 3,348

Quote:
I still love the sound of these ugly little things comfort has gotten way better over the last few 4 weeks, but I'm afraid durability is not as I expected since I just returned them today because sound in the right cup started to fall out as soon as something touched the little cable which goes into the cup. I hope i just got a bad pair becouse this is unacceptable, I only used them on the train and on the bike and I used the supplied bag when i put them in my bags, anybody had some experience with this?

So i'm a little dissapointed for now but I probally just received a bad pair since I only read raving reviews about the built quality, and from experience in the past with thomann I can savely say I probally won't have to live without them for more than a week!

This might sound like a dumb question but did you check to make sure the right side plug in seated fully?

Feb 13, 2011 at 3:01 PM Post #1,120 of 3,348
Quote:
Can someone help me with replacing it with HD650/600 cables? The HD650 cables seem way too big to fit on my HD25.

Using the HD650 cable changes the HD25 from a single-entry to a dual-entry can. You'll have to flip one of the earcups around on the headband so both of their connectors are facing downward, and then plug the left and right HD650 jacks into each of them from the bottom. Does that help?

Feb 13, 2011 at 5:37 PM Post #1,122 of 3,348

Quote:
Quote:

This might sound like a dumb question but did you check to make sure the right side plug in seated fully?

haha, first thing I checked but the cable was broken just above the screws, I emailed thomann.com and I'm getting a free replacement next week, so they're cheaper than the rest plus their customer service is great, I got every question I had answered the same day!

I really miss them though so atm I'm reading this thread just to kill some time......

Feb 14, 2011 at 1:12 AM Post #1,123 of 3,348
Rough_Gold_Headphones_by_DJ_JFunk.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back