hd25-1 impressions thread
Nov 21, 2013 at 1:24 AM Post #2,221 of 3,348
loving these headphones...

i've been keeping them on the same notches most of the time. but i feel like it's getting looser on my head. which is understandable because overtime the band of the headphone would wear down and stretch to what its usually at.

is there anyway to replace it or make it tight on my head again?

Nov 21, 2013 at 3:10 PM Post #2,225 of 3,348
Guys help me out here please....

1 week with my hd25's now and so far i am really liking them... a great complement to my aurvanas and my momentums... they feel really robust and they not as bad in terms of confort as i thought...

There is just one thing that concerns me..... this....

On the left side (black conector) the cable usually touch my head and it is almost impossible to keep all the cable inside the inserts and as a result when i try to close the headband the cable gets in the way.... this must have happened a little bit with the previous owner because as you guys can see there is a little deep tear in the rubber cabble.... this is lets say.... normal on the hd25's right? Is there any way to prevent this or should i just keep both headbands separarated in any circustances?

I know i can replace the cables if i loose the sound on the left cup but i would like not get to that in lets say... the next couple of years..... XD

Cheers...

Nov 21, 2013 at 3:56 PM Post #2,226 of 3,348
^^^ maybe you should pull the cable out, and reset it back in the headband 1/2" one way or the other.  But if the cable fails, there are plenty of replacements available.  And yes, that right angle bend has got a cable or two before...

Nov 21, 2013 at 3:58 PM Post #2,227 of 3,348
I experience something similar to this, but my concern isn't about comfort, I'm more worried about the wire being cut from it being pinched over and over and over. I have thought about supergluing it in place, but if I ever want to upgrade for a HD600 wire that would be a PITA to remove. 
Quote:
  Guys help me out here please....

1 week with my hd25's now and so far i am really liking them... a great complement to my aurvanas and my momentums... they feel really robust and they not as bad in terms of confort as i thought...

There is just one thing that concerns me..... this....

On the left side (black conector) the cable usually touch my head and it is almost impossible to keep all the cable inside the inserts and as a result when i try to close the headband the cable gets in the way.... this must have happened a little bit with the previous owner because as you guys can see there is a little deep tear in the rubber cabble.... this is lets say.... normal on the hd25's right? Is there any way to prevent this or should i just keep both headbands separarated in any circustances?

I know i can replace the cables if i loose the sound on the left cup but i would like not get to that in lets say... the next couple of years..... XD

Cheers...

Nov 21, 2013 at 6:14 PM Post #2,230 of 3,348
I am going to try to avoid to close the headband.... or at least try to remember this and be carefull when i do.... the thing is the cable always comes forward when you put the headphones on your head, so even with glue the cable will eventually slide forward again (i guess) because although being thin the cable still has some strength (since its a steel cable) and does not bend that easily....

Nov 22, 2013 at 10:27 AM Post #2,232 of 3,348
  I am going to try to avoid to close the headband.... or at least try to remember this and be carefull when i do.... the thing is the cable always comes forward when you put the headphones on your head, so even with glue the cable will eventually slide forward again (i guess) because although being thin the cable still has some strength (since its a steel cable) and does not bend that easily....

When I super glued it in place there cable ceased to move and there is nothing exposed in the opening to be pinched.

I'll post pictures when I get home. 

Nov 22, 2013 at 7:04 PM Post #2,234 of 3,348
You could also flip the cups upside down and run the cables from the bottom. I didn't like how the cable came from the right side since my dac/amp is on the left side of my desk so that's what I did. Used a couple of black twisty ties get the left and right sides even with each other. Turned out pretty good.

Nov 28, 2013 at 5:35 PM Post #2,235 of 3,348
Hello, does this cable wortht he money? Real improvements .... Not the purple sound enchancing colour! Heheheh

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sennheiser-HD25-HD-25-1-Replacement-Copper-Cable-1-5m-Straight-Wrapped-in-Purple-/121061243744

Users who are viewing this thread

Back