hd25-1 impressions thread
Sep 22, 2016 at 6:48 AM Post #2,866 of 3,348

To be clear, you mean the the little Sennheiser plugs that you insert into the cups or the gold-plated stereo 3.5mm connector?  If the 3.5mm plug, then yes, otherwise, your issue should be the springs.  Someone or another has posted a brief guide on how to get to them in this thread, or there's probably a youtube video you can use to help yourself.

The 3.5mm connector! Ok will hand it over to my friend who happens to be an electrician :)

Sep 23, 2016 at 1:13 AM Post #2,868 of 3,348
  So my pair (4 years old) have been acting up lately, all the bass disappears and they make this crackling sound, however if I bend the cable or the pin on the headphone plug they jump back to normal. Do you think re soldering the headphone jack and cables would fix this?

Gold springs?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJQJV6gBCcA

Oct 3, 2016 at 2:19 PM Post #2,872 of 3,348
Removing the foam inserts seem to add a bit more focus to the imaging. With the stock pads, I used foam insert because the upper midrange was too aggressive without the foam insert.

And bass, too, but the treble/upper mids harshness is too much indeed.

Oct 3, 2016 at 9:36 PM Post #2,873 of 3,348
  Just upgraded stock pads to Yaxi pad. More comfortable (thicker, plushier, very soft leather), seals better. Highly recommended.

Too bad they are out of reach for most people with a limited budget.

It's great the hd25 is entirely user replacement and all but what good is it if Sennheiser chargers replacement parts for close to 1/3 the cost of the headphone itself. Makes no sense.

Come to think of it, the Yaxi don't seem too overpriced if a genuine pair of Sennheiser replacement earpads cost about the same but offer less comfort and performance.  

Oct 11, 2016 at 7:50 AM Post #2,875 of 3,348
  Too bad they are out of reach for most people with a limited budget.

It's great the hd25 is entirely user replacement and all but what good is it if Sennheiser chargers replacement parts for close to 1/3 the cost of the headphone itself. Makes no sense.

Come to think of it, the Yaxi don't seem too overpriced if a genuine pair of Sennheiser replacement earpads cost about the same but offer less comfort and performance.  

there are many other choices on Amazon....

Oct 17, 2016 at 6:04 PM Post #2,878 of 3,348
True, but the point of the foam is to tame the treble.
Of course, if you don't need it, then might as well go without it.

Oct 23, 2016 at 8:13 AM Post #2,880 of 3,348
Have had a pair of HD25-1 for a number of years.

Replaced them with an Uber Mod pair of HD25-ii from Custom Cans.
Really like the improvements.

So much so, have ordered 3 mod kits for my daughters (yes, all three of them have either HD25-1 or HD25-II).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back