hd25-1 impressions thread
Sep 6, 2016 at 6:38 AM Post #2,851 of 3,348
I bought the Sennheiser HD-25 II Plus. 

Too bad the Aluminum was discontinued. Gonna have to live without Aluminum earcups. I guess the plastic cups aren't too bad?

Whether the aluminium caps are better or not, depends very much on your ears.
I had the opportunity to buy the aluminium so I went for those, but very probably the difference is minimal and only for well trained listeners.
In other words: good choice!

Sep 7, 2016 at 9:40 AM Post #2,852 of 3,348
Whether the aluminium caps are better or not, depends very much on your ears.
I had the opportunity to buy the aluminium so I went for those, but very probably the difference is minimal and only for well trained listeners.
In other words: good choice!

O: I found someone with Sennheiser Aluminums at a grocery store.

Though I seem to think black color looks nicer for me. Maybe if sennheiser ever makes black aluminum earcups I might get those. Probably not XD

Sep 17, 2016 at 3:50 PM Post #2,853 of 3,348
Well.... Something interesting just happened.... Today i received the "like new" hd25 basic edition i ordered from amazon....

Guess what.... They already have the new clicking sliders. The hd25 i had before was smooth on the sliders and really easy to make them go up and down but the sliders on this one make a loud click and they require a bit of strenght to make the cups slide up or down..... This one must be one from the last batches of basic edition hd25s. Cool, now i am definitly happy i didnt drop 150 new for a brand new 2016 hd25. I got the best of both previous and current generation, the white lettering and double sennheiser logo on the headband combined with the new sliding mechanism.... Only way it could be better was if it had the made in ireland logo, but maybe the last batches of hd25-1 ii (the ones with the bag and extra pads and the made in ireland logo) also have the newer sliding mechanism....

Sorry because English is not my first language.

my buddy just took a HD25 1 II basic edition for me and it is different than the HD25 DJ edition on Amazon Fr. It does have clicking sliders.

I am just curious about your description for "new clicking sliders", that means all the old HD25s are with smooth slider before?

Here is the box of mine

2016674c9684-ab57-4fa4-a002-add321bde6e2.jpg

Sep 17, 2016 at 3:52 PM Post #2,854 of 3,348
The HD25 ALU I have has clicking sliders.

Also, I'm gonna be replacing the stock 70 ohm drivers with 600 ohm drivers. I'm looking forward to the improvements that will bring!

Sep 17, 2016 at 4:48 PM Post #2,855 of 3,348
Sorry because English is not my first language.

my buddy just took a HD25 1 II basic edition for me and it is different than the HD25 DJ edition on Amazon Fr. It does have clicking sliders.

I am just curious about your description for "new clicking sliders", that means all the old HD25s are with smooth slider before?

Here is the box of mine

[url=http://2.pik.vn/2016674c9684-ab57-4fa4-a002-add321bde6e2.jpg%5B/img]http://2.pik.vn/2016674c9684-ab57-4fa4-a002-add321bde6e2.jpg[/img[/url]]
[/quote]

Yes. Older hd25 had a looser adjusting mechanism wich was smoother but many times slided out of place. I had one of those before (a basic edition hd25) and although i did not have that sliding issue many had.
The newer hd25s yes have a clicking afjustable mechanism wich is much more stable.

Check this out...

https://youtu.be/kzmoyMeo6UE

Sep 17, 2016 at 10:59 PM Post #2,856 of 3,348
Yes. Older hd25 had a looser adjusting mechanism wich was smoother but many times slided out of place. I had one of those before (a basic edition hd25) and although i did not have that sliding issue many had.
The newer hd25s yes have a clicking afjustable mechanism wich is much more stable.

Check this out...

so I think my version does have the click slider but not that clicky. It sounds great!

I am planning to buy a Yaxi earpad for it :D

Sep 18, 2016 at 7:36 AM Post #2,857 of 3,348

Check this out...

so I think my version does have the click slider but not that clicky. It sounds great!

I am planning to buy a Yaxi earpad for it :D

I have to say that the Yaxi pads are great.

Sep 19, 2016 at 9:38 PM Post #2,859 of 3,348
Where the cable exits/enters the headband grooves?  I actually cut those bigger with an Xacto knife so the cable makes less of an angle when entering or exiting.  Just a few mm.  It's not even noticeable unless you have another HD25 on hand to compare to.

Or your cable was not properly inserted in the groove one time and that allowed it to get cut, I'm guessing.

Sep 20, 2016 at 6:25 AM Post #2,860 of 3,348
When BTG made my HD25 cable, Brian put some heat shrink at the point where it meets that angle.  Probably has saved my cable form the same fate...

Sep 20, 2016 at 9:26 PM Post #2,862 of 3,348
My hd25-13 with the uber mod is one of the most bass heavy and the most non-sibilant headphone ever I've ever heard. 
Can somebody list some tracks that having very noticeable sibilance? 

My sister who comes from listening to cheap stock earphones and laptop speakers thought they sounded echoey 
confused_face.gif
. I have no words . 

Sep 21, 2016 at 7:06 AM Post #2,863 of 3,348
So my pair (4 years old) have been acting up lately, all the bass disappears and they make this crackling sound, however if I bend the cable or the pin on the headphone plug they jump back to normal. Do you think re soldering the headphone jack and cables would fix this?

Sep 21, 2016 at 8:11 AM Post #2,864 of 3,348
  So my pair (4 years old) have been acting up lately, all the bass disappears and they make this crackling sound, however if I bend the cable or the pin on the headphone plug they jump back to normal. Do you think re soldering the headphone jack and cables would fix this?

sure sounds like it...

Sep 21, 2016 at 4:00 PM Post #2,865 of 3,348

To be clear, you mean the the little Sennheiser plugs that you insert into the cups or the gold-plated stereo 3.5mm connector?  If the 3.5mm plug, then yes, otherwise, your issue should be the springs.  Someone or another has posted a brief guide on how to get to them in this thread, or there's probably a youtube video you can use to help yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back