hd25-1 impressions thread
Mar 21, 2016 at 9:07 PM Post #2,761 of 3,348
The HD25 Plus from NAMM apparently?  I'm reading that it's just a regular HD25 with extra accessories.

Mar 22, 2016 at 10:00 AM Post #2,762 of 3,348
I just bought the Hd25-1ii. So just to share what i feel about HD25.

Initially, i am not very happy with HD25 and did think about changing to another over-ear headphone with flatter freq response. After a few days, I find the HD25 has improve but still not to my satisfaction. I start kooking the the freq chard from headphone.com and compare various headphone with HD25. I notice Sony 7506, and Shure 940 are almost flat in freq. I had managed to try Sony 7506 and find some songs a bit sibilance. I also try DT770 80ohms and 250ohms, DT90,DT250-80ohms, M40x, DT70p and DT70. Among these, I like DT90 most , M40x and DT770 80ohms. But DT90 is open back so out.

Then I play with my Cowon P1 eq and use the freq response from headphone to adjust according to flatten the freq.

Then i notice among all the freq response, HD25 has the flattest freq from around 300hz to 2khz! No headphone has that flat response at that range and around 1khz which is important for vocal.

No wonder I heard the vocal from HD25 is very natural and real. Due to some burn-in and play with eq, i almost find the best neutral and natural sounding and begin to fall in love with HD25.

For HD25, I just need to adjust the eq for the bass and treble part while the middle part, I do not have to worry so it makes thing easy for me to play with eq. Other headphone, some almost flat at bass while some almost flat at treble but no headphone flat at the middle part near 1 khz.

After adjust my HD25 bass down at 100hz and 200hz, the bass feel more natural and I turn up the treble at 3khz and 5khz to make more flat while down a bit down on 9khz. I notice that our ear are different and I read up some articles on why the treble of headphone is tune down is because the tweeter is very near to our ear. Therefore, when I tune up the freq at 3khz and 5khz to almost flat, I find the treble is hot so I tune down a bit till I find it is not hot.

I am almost find the best neutral and natural to my own ear. Now, I think i realize that my search for so call flat freq response is not suitable to my ear but will still try to eq it till it is flat to my ear. HD25 is the best headphone due to the flattest freq response in the middle part which no other headphone has! It is important to me due to I listen to many music focus on vocal.

Mar 31, 2016 at 12:39 AM Post #2,763 of 3,348
How does everyone carry around their HD 25-1 ii's?

I've broken my midnight cable from Brian (again) and also managed to break my back-up cable I bought from H20Fidelity's eBay link.
I have just been curling it up, putting them in the supplied soft bag and chucking them in my bag... I'm a sinner 
frown.gif

I'm too embarrassed to contact Brian again. I might try a different cable set up now, with the cables hanging down from each speaker cup.

Mar 31, 2016 at 12:55 AM Post #2,764 of 3,348
I leave the headphone around my neck.  That's it.

Apr 1, 2016 at 12:36 AM Post #2,768 of 3,348
Hello everyone...
I am new here, just registered a few days ago.
I always wanted to join because of my very big curiosity regarding my beloved headphones.
Please tell me your idea about this model of SENNHEISER HD 25-1...
I could not find it's kind and make anywhere on the internet...
My best guess is it is the very first model, forefather of all HD 25-1....the oldest, vintage version.
Please enlighten me...Thank you so much.

Apr 1, 2016 at 12:43 AM Post #2,769 of 3,348
Hello Everyone...
I'm Butch, from the Philippines...
I recently became somewhat an audiophile...I started loving music, headphones, earphones, amplifiers, cables, etc. I am now a professional headphones / earphones repair technician. I repaired and modded quite many headphones and earphones already. I also made my DIY headphones amp. I have been looking into this website for 2 years now. Finally, I decided to join.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back