Grado RS1i Impressions thread
Oct 7, 2015 at 4:53 PM Post #1,876 of 2,110
Agreed with Joseph.
The rs1i's are keepers no doubt about that.
smily_headphones1.gif

L-cush ftw.

I feel the same way about my RS1.

Oct 16, 2015 at 1:22 AM Post #1,877 of 2,110
Happy RS1i new owner. They ship from Alaska tomorrow. Can't wait to hear them. Hope my wife doesn't find out. :)

Oct 16, 2015 at 10:02 AM Post #1,881 of 2,110
Yayyy! The RS1i was my second Grado, after the PS500, and they are still one of my favorites (along with the PS500s, that I happen to be listening to right now).

Oct 18, 2015 at 2:20 AM Post #1,884 of 2,110
I am now a happy RS-1i owner too.  These are my third Grado headphone(the other ones are sr80, sr325i). All of them are awesome! :L3000:

Congratulations and cheers!!! I'm looking forward to your impressions of your new RS1i!!! What is your source and amp choice? I didn't see any gear posted in your profile.

Oct 18, 2015 at 6:44 AM Post #1,885 of 2,110
Congratutz to all new rs1i owners. Do share your thoughts/feedback on sound impressions and also don't forget to join the rs club thread.

:)

Oct 18, 2015 at 4:11 PM Post #1,886 of 2,110
Quote:
Congratulations and cheers!!! I'm looking forward to your impressions of your new RS1i!!! What is your source and amp choice? I didn't see any gear posted in your profile.

hi,
I am now using Schiit Bifrost/Asgard 2 combo.  The resolution is good, but the bass is a little bit thin to me. The sound stage is not large, and sometimes It causes fatigue to my ear.
I just bought this system 2 months ago, so I will let it burn for a period of time to see what will happen.

Oct 18, 2015 at 6:02 PM Post #1,887 of 2,110
  Quote:
hi,
I am now using Schiit Bifrost/Asgard 2 combo.  The resolution is good, but the bass is a little bit thin to me. The sound stage is not large, and sometimes It causes fatigue to my ear.
I just bought this system 2 months ago, so I will let it burn for a period of time to see what will happen.

The bass on the RS1i is of quality not quantity, and the sound-stage isn't big, but isn't small either IME/IMO but it is very intimate/involving. Also, at loud volumes the RS1i can be fatiguing depending on the recording (as any HP can be) just lower the volume a bit and you'll be fine. This is another reason most prefer tube amps with the Grados to add warmth.

Oct 18, 2015 at 6:49 PM Post #1,888 of 2,110
Quote:
hi,

Thanks for your quick impressions @youngbell. I too own and use the Schitt Asgard 2 amp except mine is paired to a Peachtree Dac-it x. I personally find the CypherLabs Picollo amp to add some weight to the RS1i's tamed sub-bass region. I do enjoy the fast sounding mid-bass hump though. I feel like the RS1i does portray some great resolution but does so with a uneven treble response/pronounced peaks. This in turn also causes me some premature ear fatigue. I find the soundstage to be fairly accurate but I have definitely heard wider from my AKG K702/K712 hp's,

Oct 22, 2015 at 12:30 PM Post #1,889 of 2,110
My impressions so far:

I love them.  I want to do a more detailed comparison between the RS1i and both the PS500e and the GH-1.

Right now, I'd say that they sound very similar to the GH-1.  The RS1i may have a bit more detail. I don't feel like they have more or less bass than either the PS500 or the GH-1.  I don't listen to classical music much so I can't really speak for soundstage.  I am mostly interested in the accuracy and detail they they reveal.

I definately don't understand why anyone would say that they are harsh or treble heavy.  To me the treble sounds pretty spot on.

Also - they are night and day better than the RS1e that I auditioned.  

I got my RS1e used - it didn't come with the 15' extension cable.  Was that included with the RS1i or is it only included with the GS and PS 1000 series?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back