Grado modders go Magnum
Jan 24, 2012 at 5:10 PM Post #946 of 4,994

Quote:

http://www.ohrenholz.com - Sylvan will take care of you. 
wink.gif

Not so much. Sylvan and I don't get along - I sent too many emails and was too critical of the recable he did, and he refused to send me the cups he did for me (that he did very well, and I had no complaints about...) as a result. Insisted on sending a new pair of headphones instead.

Jan 24, 2012 at 5:20 PM Post #947 of 4,994

Quote:
Not so much. Sylvan and I don't get along - I sent too many emails and was too critical of the recable he did, and he refused to send me the cups he did for me (that he did very well, and I had no complaints about...) as a result. Insisted on sending a new pair of headphones instead.

Sorry to hear that.  I'll be getting my cups back from him any day now, and have nothing but good things to say about my experience.  Very prompt about returning emails, and he even saved $15 on shipping for my magnums (he was ordering some from Rhydon at the same time , so Rhydon simply sent both of them to Ohrenholz)

Jan 24, 2012 at 5:26 PM Post #948 of 4,994

Quote:

Sorry to hear that.  I'll be getting my cups back from him any day now, and have nothing but good things to say about my experience.  Very prompt about returning emails, and he even saved $15 on shipping for my magnums (he was ordering some from Rhydon at the same time , so Rhydon simply sent both of them to Ohrenholz)

I'd love to be able to say the same. He did great work on the cups, gave me a discount, but apparently I pestered him too much. Very unfortunate. :frowning2:

Jan 24, 2012 at 5:42 PM Post #949 of 4,994
I am building a couple of pairs for some friends and got these Mahogany cups to try out from thelostMidrange instead of the Limba's. I thought I would share a picture. These will end up in a Sony headband but I may just keep them since they sound really smooth and warm. The bass is bloated a bit because the drivers are brand new but it's still much less so than I remember the D5000's after 300+ hours.

Jan 24, 2012 at 5:45 PM Post #950 of 4,994

Quote:
I am building a couple of pairs for some friends and got these Mahogany cups to try out from thelostMidrange instead of the Limba's. I thought I would share a picture. These will end up in a Sony headband but I may just keep them since they sound really smooth and warm. The bass is bloated a bit because the drivers are brand new but it's still much less so than I remember the D5000's after 300+ hours.

hubba hubba. Ever do work for headfiers?

Jan 24, 2012 at 6:08 PM Post #955 of 4,994

Quote:

Interested in the locking mechanism you placed above the rodblocks. Do you have a link?

Jan 24, 2012 at 7:11 PM Post #957 of 4,994

Quote:
Interested in the locking mechanism you placed above the rodblocks. Do you have a link?

Also, if you have a Grainger store by you, the have both the silver (zinc) and the black collars.  Their prices are a bit higher - about $3.00 or so for a 3-pack.  However, if you go to their store and order them, they will usually get them there in the next day.

Jan 25, 2012 at 1:11 AM Post #960 of 4,994

Quote:
Just ordered a pair to slap in my cocobolo MS1is. Somehow, I suspect this is going to be a bigger upgrade than I think it is.

Wood cups are a big upgrade when you come from stock plastic. But nothing compares to the upgrade you achieve when going Magnum! It's another level.

@ chrislangley4253: You finally going back to (Limb) wood? :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back