Grado modders go Magnum
May 25, 2012 at 1:58 PM Post #1,532 of 4,994
jschristian44 made me an o2 amp long before I realized how easy they are to assemble and started making my own and it was a train wreck.... It made a deafening pop every time I turned it off and I saw sparks, which was certainly going to destroy my headphones or ears.... He DID refund me in full though and even paid for return shipping.

I found out after that he sold the same amp again to some other poor sucker, who also asked to be refunded.

dgcrane

May 25, 2012 at 2:20 PM Post #1,533 of 4,994
Quote:
In his last PM to me (on the 10th) he said he was going to be out of town until June or so I want to give him time to fix things. But if I don't hear anything by Monday i certainly will initiate a claim.

Actually, that information is wrong.  He's now in Alaska for the rest of the summer.  Get moving on your claims NOW!

Time is of the essence.

May 26, 2012 at 1:04 AM Post #1,537 of 4,994
I think I'm done searching.

These do it for me. I have a pair of full magnumed 325s. I'm about 10 hours in. I started with bowls. I liked that there was some soundstage. I have since moved to flats. I lost the soundstage. That said, I didn't buy these for classical music with tons of instrument layering. I bought these for rock music. I am realizing I could care less about stage. Magnums with flats do it. There's no fiddling to get the bowls just right, I put em on, they fall into place and I just sorta melt into the music.

I have found my audio-nirvana....for now.

I'm not sure if I really have a full review in me, we'll see.

May 26, 2012 at 2:57 AM Post #1,538 of 4,994
Good news =) just found a foam company who is willing to make the earpads. However it will take awhile and a few more meetings until we have a agreement and produce a few for my personal use. I would like to send 2-3 pairs off for free for people to review if i do manage to get them produced to see the effectiveness of the design. =) But that will be much later ... =) whee first problem solved, many more to come =)

Cheers,

Jin

May 26, 2012 at 1:56 PM Post #1,541 of 4,994
Count me in as well.

May 28, 2012 at 1:16 AM Post #1,545 of 4,994
Quote:
Good news =) just found a foam company who is willing to make the earpads. However it will take awhile and a few more meetings until we have a agreement and produce a few for my personal use. I would like to send 2-3 pairs off for free for people to review if i do manage to get them produced to see the effectiveness of the design. =) But that will be much later ... =) whee first problem solved, many more to come =)

Cheers,

Jin

Jin,

I think your prospect sounds quite interesting.  Granted, I don't have any Grados or Magnums at the moment, but one can never tell ...  Also, have you had a chance to view the sides of the TTVJ "Flats" yet?  It looks like they're built from a few different types of foam, where the densities vary a bit. Do you think your vendor might be able to work with a few densities, or keep it all one density?  I wonder if "memory" foam can be created in a dark color for use with a Grado / Magnum?  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back