GRADO GR10: Reviews, First Impressions Thread
Dec 6, 2010 at 4:57 PM Post #212 of 1,160
Quote:
Just got my replacements and I'm waiting for them to warm up to something approximating room temperature before using them.

it sounds like these are not the iems of choice to go outside with for the next few months!

Dec 6, 2010 at 5:58 PM Post #213 of 1,160
Call me crazy, but I didn't really feel like putting ice-cold IEMs in my ears!

I listened to them for a couple of hours this afternoon. I am now, once again, a happy camper.

Dec 6, 2010 at 10:25 PM Post #215 of 1,160
anyone know how the gr10 compares to the ck100?

Dec 15, 2010 at 1:29 AM Post #216 of 1,160
Well, I've had my GR10s for a week now, I've had about 15-20 hours of ear time with them and I can now say without a doubt that I am extremely happy with this purchase. They are really addictive, in that losing-sleep kind of way where you suddenly realize it's 1 in the morning and you've been listening for four hours straight without so much as standing up or getting a drink of water... (note that I'm posting this at 1:30AM...)

I'm currently on my third listen in a row of Mark Feldman & Sylvie Courvoisier's brilliant "Malphas," because it sounds so good I can't put it down... I especially love pianos on these. Toussaint's "The Bright Mississippi" sounds fantastic, for example. But really, every well-recorded instrument shines - guitars, strings, upright bass, drums... very transparent and realistic, and I think the fact that they completely disappear in your ears (comfort-wise) gives the transparency a little boost... it's very easy to believe there are no earphones there at all.

I think these have a much more Grado-y sound signature than the GR8s. Although they are definitely less colored than my MS-1s... they feel like they are aiming in the same general direction.

Dec 15, 2010 at 10:23 PM Post #217 of 1,160
I should be getting mine early next week.  Looking forward to it. If the GR10 sounds more Grado like versus the GR8 - hmmm, can't wait.  I do wish the color was more understated like the GR8 versus the bright, lime green as I find the GR8 having a very classy color combination. 

Dec 16, 2010 at 4:42 PM Post #218 of 1,160

Quote:
I should be getting mine early next week.  Looking forward to it. If the GR10 sounds more Grado like versus the GR8 - hmmm, can't wait.  I do wish the color was more understated like the GR8 versus the bright, lime green as I find the GR8 having a very classy color combination. 

No worries. The GR10 is a beauty to behold. I also have the GR8 and they both look fantastic. Like the paint on a sport BMW. Brilliant !

And the sound? You are going to  love them !! They can be as graceful as a ballerina one minute and when the music calls for it, they can get as low down dirty as a twenty dollar street hooker.

Congratulations on your choice.

Dec 16, 2010 at 4:54 PM Post #219 of 1,160
Okay who got the $299 GR10 from Headroom
smile.gif
? Noticed today that they were sold. Very tempting!

Dec 16, 2010 at 8:12 PM Post #220 of 1,160
If you do not require a lot of bass and amplification for listening really loud, the GR10 is perhaps the greatest single driver IEM ever made...easily competing with triple drivers.Puts the Etys to shame but of couse, costs much more.

Dec 17, 2010 at 12:10 AM Post #221 of 1,160

Quote:
Quote:

No worries. The GR10 is a beauty to behold. I also have the GR8 and they both look fantastic. Like the paint on a sport BMW. Brilliant !

And the sound? You are going to  love them !! They can be as graceful as a ballerina one minute and when the music calls for it, they can get as low down dirty as a twenty dollar street hooker.

Congratulations on your choice.

Superb analogies.

Dec 17, 2010 at 10:09 AM Post #222 of 1,160

Quote:
Okay who got the $299 GR10 from Headroom
smile.gif
? Noticed today that they were sold. Very tempting!

Nobody.
wink_face.gif
They were excluded form the latest sale. A few lucky folks got them for less than retail earlier due to errors in promotions. Grado polices the pricing pretty diligently.

Dec 17, 2010 at 10:29 AM Post #223 of 1,160
There was a 25% off sale at Headroom? I thought he was referring to a B-stock item. Like the GR8s that are there right now. 

Dec 17, 2010 at 11:43 AM Post #225 of 1,160

Users who are viewing this thread

Back