GRADO GR10: Reviews, First Impressions Thread
Nov 30, 2010 at 11:21 AM Post #198 of 1,160

Quote:
Sort of like US customers buying E-q7s. I wonder if they have exclusive market deals for the driver tech with Yashima-elec. Seems like the major markets only get one or the other.

Doesn't make them any less good but it's never been confirmed whether the FADs are MA or BA.

Actually there's a US dealer who sells the e-Q7 :p

Nov 30, 2010 at 5:21 PM Post #199 of 1,160
And probably Grado's available from someone in Europe but they don't have official distribution. It's effectively gray market goods but not an issue if the seller backs them.
bigsmile_face.gif

Nov 30, 2010 at 5:26 PM Post #200 of 1,160
Quote:
Quote:
Sort of like US customers buying E-q7s. I wonder if they have exclusive market deals for the driver tech with Yashima-elec. Seems like the major markets only get one or the other.
 Doesn't make them any less good but it's never been confirmed whether the FADs are MA or BA.

who?

Nov 30, 2010 at 5:48 PM Post #202 of 1,160
Quote:
daveDerek said:
/img/forum/go_quote.gif
Quote:
rawrster said:
/img/forum/go_quote.gif
Quote:
goodvibes said:
/img/forum/go_quote.gif

who?

Quote:
alo audio

doh!  i'd actually heard that before but had forgotten. thanks for clearing that up.
and to keep things on topic, they're website list grado iems, but so far only iGis and gr8s. funny that they don't list gr10s, eh?

edit: i called the 32 ohm audio (alo) store and they said they just got the grado gr10s in about an hour ago.
if anyone is in the portland, or area i imagine they could drop in and compare the grados and ortofons, amongst others (and maybe compare the gr8s & 10s, as well as the eq7s & 5s).

Nov 30, 2010 at 9:06 PM Post #203 of 1,160

edit: i called the 32 ohm audio (alo) store and they said they just got the grado gr10s in about an hour ago.
if anyone is in the portland, or area i imagine they could drop in and compare the grados and ortofons, amongst others (and maybe compare the gr8s & 10s, as well as the eq7s & 5s).

I was just there a couple weeks ago comparing the gr8 and eq-7 of which I preferred the gr8. Been waiting for them to get the gr10 in. Looking forward to a good A/B.

Nov 30, 2010 at 11:21 PM Post #204 of 1,160

Quote:
I was just there a couple weeks ago comparing the gr8 and eq-7 of which I preferred the gr8. Been waiting for them to get the gr10 in. Looking forward to a good A/B.

What about the GR8 did you prefer compared to the e-Q7? I haven't heard the GR8 myself, but from what I've read, most people seem to prefer the e-Q7.

Dec 1, 2010 at 9:58 PM Post #205 of 1,160

Quote:
Quote:

What about the GR8 did you prefer compared to the e-Q7? I haven't heard the GR8 myself, but from what I've read, most people seem to prefer the e-Q7.

I know. I was expecting to like the eq-7 better based on all the head-fi hype, but I've listened to the gr8 for several months now and really prefer the smoothness of them. The treble clarity of the eq-7 is superior, but the mids sounded somewhat harsh to my ears after listening to the gr8 exclusively for so long. My ears felt fatigued after an hour of auditioning them, whereas I've never experienced fatigue from the gr8, even after listening to them all day at work. Plus, the gr8 bass is superior to the eq-7 imo. The eq-7 bass seemed too light, whereas the gr8 bass is perfect, something that attracted them to me in the first place. All this was really surprising. Just my opinions. Needless to say, I'm really looking forward to hearing the gr10. Hopefully this weekend.

Dec 2, 2010 at 3:05 PM Post #207 of 1,160
I think I will be getting my replacements on Monday. Just got a shipping notice/tracking # from Sound Earphones. Thumbs up for super-fast turnaround, the defective ones I shipped back only arrived there today!

Now I get to anticipate them all over again
tongue_smile.gif

Dec 2, 2010 at 8:02 PM Post #208 of 1,160
Should have the GR10 here sometime  the beginning of next week. Can't wait to compare it to the GR8.
That should cure my up upgrade-itis for a while.  yea, right.   At any rate, it's nice to have something to look forward to.

Dec 6, 2010 at 10:12 AM Post #209 of 1,160
My GR10s showed up Friday afternoon.  After spending the weekend with them all I can say is WOW.  These babies do sound great.  Miles beyond what my old Shure 310s sounded like and a lot more comfortable.  It's surprising how much quality sound they put out in such a small package.

Dec 6, 2010 at 1:34 PM Post #210 of 1,160
Just got my replacements and I'm waiting for them to warm up to something approximating room temperature before using them.

I am slightly unhappy that there is a small flat spot in the cable again, but it's nowhere near as bad as the defect on the last one and I'm probably picking nits, so I'm not going to worry about it unless there is an actual functional problem when I turn them on...

I am curious to know if I'm unlucky or if this seems to be a quality control problem - does anyone else have a flat spot or twist in the cable?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back