Grado Fan Club!
Aug 30, 2013 at 1:51 PM Post #9,001 of 65,584
Quote:

Why not the PC12-NSD?  I love mine in the lower level man cave.  However, my wife totally dislikes it.  With a 2.1 music system, it will jar the fillings in your teeth with some music tracks.

One word, in plural: CATS

I love the cylinder subs- everything about them, and it would look awesome with my Ohm Micro Walsh Tall speakers.  But it's basically a $700 scratching post!

Aug 30, 2013 at 5:09 PM Post #9,003 of 65,584
Quote:
any suggestion for grado replacement headband? my sr60i headband was broken yesterday
frown.gif

The actual headband or the rod block?

Aug 30, 2013 at 5:40 PM Post #9,005 of 65,584
Oh man... you could look for anything like the Urbanears Plattan (or a cheap Chinese Ebay PC headset) and salvage the headband... there's also a Sony headband that works (don't remember which one off handed) OR just bug Grado and maybe get another.

Aug 30, 2013 at 5:55 PM Post #9,006 of 65,584
Here's the option.  The Sony 7506 headband.

http://www.trewaudio.com/store/Sony-7506-Replacement-Headband-and-Cups.html

I've used one before and it is excellent. In fact, I think I like it better than the standard Grado band and gimbals.  The Sony band has silver letters on the top of the band indicating "Studio Monitor".  I found that using a small amount of acetone allowed me to remove the painted letters for a completely black band.  Plus it is a very comfortable band with padding.  If you use this band, you don't need to buy a padded leather band for your Grados.

Aug 30, 2013 at 6:31 PM Post #9,007 of 65,584
Quote:
any suggestion for grado replacement headband? my sr60i headband was broken yesterday
frown.gif

Send an email to Grado (info@gradolabs.com) with a description of what happened and picture of the broken component.
Grado will likely replace whatever is broken free of charge as long as you demonstrate you are repairing a broken pair of Grados. 

Aug 30, 2013 at 8:13 PM Post #9,008 of 65,584
Here's the option.  The Sony 7506 headband.

http://www.trewaudio.com/store/Sony-7506-Replacement-Headband-and-Cups.html

I've used one before and it is excellent. In fact, I think I like it better than the standard Grado band and gimbals.  The Sony band has silver letters on the top of the band indicating "Studio Monitor".  I found that using a small amount of acetone allowed me to remove the painted letters for a completely black band.  Plus it is a very comfortable band with padding.  If you use this band, you don't need to buy a padded leather band for your Grados.

I find the Sony 7506 band very comfortable and it's easily adjusted. It does have a little more clamping force than the grado headband, at least my pair. $20 is a pretty reasonable price too. Different look though.

Aug 30, 2013 at 9:27 PM Post #9,013 of 65,584
Quote:

$80 in the US, the rest of the world pays more. As far sellers go maybe try this... http://bit.ly/16XFxPF

Aug 30, 2013 at 10:39 PM Post #9,015 of 65,584
Ya don't say! Where do you need the sr60's to go?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back