Grado Fan Club!
Aug 29, 2013 at 2:31 PM Post #8,986 of 65,605
i think you'll find the bass will improve a bit once you get past the 100 hour mark. Obviously you won't reach the bass response of the LCD but it does get better. Also, I highly reccomend the TTVJ flat pads, they are a great match with the RS1s.

Aug 29, 2013 at 4:52 PM Post #8,987 of 65,605
i think you'll find the bass will improve a bit once you get past the 100 hour mark. Obviously you won't reach the bass response of the LCD but it does get better. Also, I highly reccomend the TTVJ flat pads, they are a great match with the RS1s.

Thanks for the recommendation. I think their sound will improve more when I get my little dot I, the only amp I have for them at the moment is the Meier classic which may not be a good match

Aug 29, 2013 at 6:00 PM Post #8,988 of 65,605
Quote:

Thanks.  Back when I had the Magnums, we ordered some TTVJ flat pads.  While the pads are $35.00 a pair, the shipping was about $12.00 at the time.  So, another member and myself went ahead and made a single order for 2 pair.  Thus, we paid only $6.00 each for the shipping which seemed a bit more manageable.

Aug 29, 2013 at 6:36 PM Post #8,989 of 65,605
got the bifrost ordered it'll be here soon,
this should be the last piece of hardware for a while,
deciding between the msii+, the dacIT, and bifrost
if i stay with the msii+, i could get another pair of grado's ! lol

Aug 29, 2013 at 6:39 PM Post #8,990 of 65,605
Quote:

Yea, may as well snag a pair of RS1 to your collection :)

Aug 29, 2013 at 6:50 PM Post #8,991 of 65,605
Yea, may as well snag a pair of RS1 to your collection :)

I saw some on the sale thread, it got me thinking that the hrt is pretty good (and it is) !

Aug 29, 2013 at 7:47 PM Post #8,992 of 65,605
Quote:

This is truly a progressive disease!

Once I get the Oppo and the Alpha Dogs, I intend to take a break from headphone-related purchases for a while.  I have some home audio situations that need addressed, such as a new sub.

Then, I fully intend to focus on the GS1000's. 

In the meantime though, I am okay with the 225i's.  These are still my go-to headphones, and I am really appreciating the 'front-row'  presentation, which seems to be totally dependent on the source material, BTW.  I listened to a binaural recording from the Society of Sound the other day that pretty much freaked me out, as I felt that I was right in the middle of the venue, and with a soundstage that projected behind me as well as in front.  That kinda tells me that the Grado's are more accurate than a lot of people give them credit for as far as imaging goes.

Aug 30, 2013 at 9:41 AM Post #8,995 of 65,605
Quote:
This is truly a progressive disease!

Once I get the Oppo and the Alpha Dogs, I intend to take a break from headphone-related purchases for a while.  I have some home audio situations that need addressed, such as a new sub.

Then, I fully intend to focus on the GS1000's. 

The GS1ks are really becoming a favorite phone of mine. I had them on for next to 6hrs straight the other day, which is rare for me. I became so immersed in watching youtube videos of live concert performances that I completely lost track of time. 

I don't know what you're looking for spend on a sub, but if you want a couple suggestions let me know. 

Aug 30, 2013 at 9:59 AM Post #8,996 of 65,605
Quote:

The GS1ks are really becoming a favorite phone of mine. I had them on for next to 6hrs straight the other day, which is rare for me. I became so immersed in watching youtube videos of live concert performances that I completely lost track of time. 

I don't know what you're looking for spend on a sub, but if you want a couple suggestions let me know. 

I'd hate to derail the thread.  But, since I occassionally leave my sub on while listening to Grado's so that I get that nice bass rumble, it may fit.  I currently have an Emotiiva Ultra 10, which does not have output below 30 Hz, which I needed due to the house it was in, and my nearfield configuration.  right now I'm looking at upgrading to the Rythmik 12SE or possibly an SVS SB12-NSD.  I'll probably go with Rythmik with the PEQ amp for the parametric EQ to tame a really fun node I have just below 80 Hz.

Listeningto Grado with an active sub may seem to defeat the purpose, but it is FUN

Any input would be cool

Aug 30, 2013 at 10:31 AM Post #8,998 of 65,605
In Malaysia around USD90 = RM300

Yeah~ Malaysia facing financial problem right now maybe you should wait for a few month like later end of this year. Hopefully it will be back to normal! Not worsen :/

A lot of people here, Brunei headed to currency exchanger for this reason thought...

Billson :)

Aug 30, 2013 at 11:12 AM Post #8,999 of 65,605
Quote:
I'd hate to derail the thread.  But, since I occassionally leave my sub on while listening to Grado's so that I get that nice bass rumble, it may fit.  I currently have an Emotiiva Ultra 10, which does not have output below 30 Hz, which I needed due to the house it was in, and my nearfield configuration.  right now I'm looking at upgrading to the Rythmik 12SE or possibly an SVS SB12-NSD.  I'll probably go with Rythmik with the PEQ amp for the parametric EQ to tame a really fun node I have just below 80 Hz.

Listeningto Grado with an active sub may seem to defeat the purpose, but it is FUN

Any input would be cool

Why not the PC12-NSD?  I love mine in the lower level man cave.  However, my wife totally dislikes it.  With a 2.1 music system, it will jar the fillings in your teeth with some music tracks.

Aug 30, 2013 at 1:46 PM Post #9,000 of 65,605
Quote:
Yeah~ Malaysia facing financial problem right now maybe you should wait for a few month like later end of this year. Hopefully it will be back to normal! Not worsen :/

A lot of people here, Brunei headed to currency exchanger for this reason thought...

Billson
smily_headphones1.gif

The current currency exchange rate is about 3.29. It has suddenly gone up o.o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back