Grado Fan Club!
Aug 2, 2013 at 4:29 AM Post #8,357 of 65,581
Quote:
what's the different between the stock grado pads and senn hd 414 pads? just the colour?

Which stock Grado pads are you comparing with? The comfies (SR60i/80i/125i) or the bowls (SR225i+) ?

They are pretty similar to the comfies, but are made from a less dense foam. They're slightly more comfortable and give you slightly clearer sound, but I didn't find there was a whole lot in it though.

They're totally different (and hugely inferior, in my opinion) to the bowl pads though.

Aug 2, 2013 at 4:49 AM Post #8,358 of 65,581
Which stock Grado pads are you comparing with? The comfies (SR60i/80i/125i) or the bowls (SR225i+) ?

They are pretty similar to the comfies, but are made from a less dense foam. They're slightly more comfortable and give you slightly clearer sound, but I didn't find there was a whole lot in it though.

They're totally different (and hugely inferior, in my opinion) to the bowl pads though.
with SR60i, so hd 414 pads give more clearer and more comfortable to use than stock grado pads right? thanks thats nice info duds :) i'll get some

Aug 2, 2013 at 5:44 AM Post #8,359 of 65,581
Quote:
with SR60i, so hd 414 pads give more clearer and more comfortable to use than stock grado pads right? thanks thats nice info duds
smily_headphones1.gif
i'll get some

To be honest, I'd save your money and go straight to the Grado bowl pads (AKA L cushion pads). This will give you the 'true' Grado sound, and make your SR60i sound almost as good as the higher-end Grados.

Aug 2, 2013 at 4:16 PM Post #8,362 of 65,581
am i the only one that likes comfies? i don't use them all the time but i do use them from time to time on my 80i wheb I'm ib the mood for bass and a warmer sound.

I like the comfies too, although they seem to get a bad rap. I would say the pads just sound different, not necessarily one better than the other. L cush represents the grado sound better in my opinion and I stuck with them after trying them. They needed a few shampoos to soften up.

Aug 2, 2013 at 4:30 PM Post #8,363 of 65,581
Quote:
I like the comfies too, although they seem to get a bad rap. I would say the pads just sound different, not nessicarily one better than the other. L cush represents the grado sound better in my opinion and I stuck with them after trying them. They needed a few shampoos to soften up.

I just put my (S) cushions on my 80i's today being that I recently got the LD1+ amp, so I wanted to hear how they sounded with the amp, and they sounded pretty nice together, they may have had a nicer all around bass presence, and the mids were warmer, the the highs were still pretty nice, but the soundstage was a little narrower but still good with me, so I'm going to listen with the (S) cushions, and switch back to the (L) cushions later, so your right in saying that they are just different sounding, one is not better than the other. Also bassboysam your not the only one who lies them, and it wouldn't matter anyway if you were, it's all about what you like to hear, I also like the both cushions, especially with different sources.

Aug 3, 2013 at 12:57 AM Post #8,367 of 65,581
hmmmmmmm, some ps500's on the for sale forum, i wonder if i'd like them any better than my ms2's ??? lol

Aug 3, 2013 at 1:01 AM Post #8,368 of 65,581
Yes you will lol

Aug 3, 2013 at 1:06 AM Post #8,369 of 65,581

Users who are viewing this thread

Back