Grado Fan Club!
Jul 2, 2013 at 1:54 PM Post #7,861 of 65,624
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph69 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I"m going to purchase the Schiit Magni/Modi setup because I'm very curious to how well they performe, and I want to compare them side by side, then sell the one that I like least.

and if you decide to get rid of the schiit, you won't have a problem at all !
for me, the real keeper between the magni and the modi , is the modi, i need to get another one, and just keep it, i keep selling it to try something else, and using the fiio e10 as my "reference" dac, the modi much better than the e10

Jul 2, 2013 at 1:57 PM Post #7,862 of 65,624
oh, and speaking of dacs, musical fidelity has a replacement for the v dac mkii, the v 90, 32/192 its $300, the $300 dollar dac market is getting crowded !

Jul 2, 2013 at 2:44 PM Post #7,863 of 65,624
Quote:
and if you decide to get rid of the schiit, you won't have a problem at all !
for me, the real keeper between the magni and the modi , is the modi, i need to get another one, and just keep it, i keep selling it to try something else, and using the fiio e10 as my "reference" dac, the modi much better than the e10

Now you've got me wondering if I should just purchase the Modi and pair it with the LD to hear how it sounds. (But like I said, I didn't try my Meridian with the LD yet). Did you also at one time own the Magni and didn't care for it? If so please tell me your thoughts on it. Thanks.

Jul 2, 2013 at 2:49 PM Post #7,864 of 65,624
I did have the magni, its very good, very detailed, I went with the fiio e09k mostly because it is very flexible, two gain settings, pre and line outs

Now you've got me wondering if I should just purchase the Modi and pair it with the LD to hear how it sounds. (But like I said, I didn't try my Meridian with the LD yet). Did you also
at one time own the Magni and didn't care for it? If so please tell me your thoughts on it. Thanks.

Jul 2, 2013 at 5:42 PM Post #7,866 of 65,624
Hi all!

Last night I got tired of my wife complaining about her ultra-cheap Koss KTX-6 headphones.  My Ohm Micro Walsh Tall speakers in our main system have turned her into an audiophile, and she cannot stand bad sound.  She's actually worse than I am when it comes to it!

So I ordered her a pair of iGrado's as a replacement for the cheap portable CD-player cans she's been putting up with.  I should have them next week, and will post our impressions.  I'm hoping she likes the Grado sound- I know I sure do.

-S

Jul 2, 2013 at 6:30 PM Post #7,867 of 65,624
Quote:
Hi all!

Last night I got tired of my wife complaining about her ultra-cheap Koss KTX-6 headphones.  My Ohm Micro Walsh Tall speakers in our main system have turned her into an audiophile, and she cannot stand bad sound.  She's actually worse than I am when it comes to it!

So I ordered her a pair of iGrado's as a replacement for the cheap portable CD-player cans she's been putting up with.  I should have them next week, and will post our impressions.  I'm hoping she likes the Grado sound- I know I sure do.

-S

which ones did you get for her? 

Jul 2, 2013 at 7:00 PM Post #7,870 of 65,624
Quote:

ahhh, i just saw "Grados" and missed the "i".  thanks

Too much time in a certain other thread, I see...
biggrin.gif

Jul 2, 2013 at 7:34 PM Post #7,871 of 65,624
By the way all, I've been a fan of Bassboysam for a few years now.  We both participate in another forum, so please excuse any inside jokes- I know they can be annoying.

Anyway, Sam is one of the most creative and innovative bassists in the Stoner/Doom genre.  His band, Monobrow, pretty much transcends the cliché's in this form of heavy music, and they have a humor and intelligence to their music that I think is what makes them accessible, even if you're not a fan of heavy, sludgy rock.

I also think Grado's are a perfect headphone to check them out with.  It is just some very fine, instrumental music with more than a little 'kick' to it.  Y'all should give them a listen:

http://monobrowmanband.bandcamp.com/

Jul 3, 2013 at 1:00 AM Post #7,872 of 65,624
Quote:

MS Pro was a bit too polite for my tastes, harder to justify the cost/performance satisfaction like the MS2 can.

Someone told me MS1 is closer to MS-PRO then the MS2 which has a more aggressive sound. I can audit them here but... try not to..to stay away from the poison hehe.

Jul 3, 2013 at 1:38 AM Post #7,873 of 65,624
Quote:
Can you compare the RS1i to the V5?  In terms of treble, midrange, bass and soundstage (over all sound)?  Did you prefer the RS1i to the V5 also?

thanks

Honestly, I probably couldn't compare accurately since it's been a while since I owned the RS1i. The Magnum is a bit tamer in the highs from memory. I sold the RS1i and kept the MS2i because I feel it's just the better bang for buck.

Jul 3, 2013 at 7:05 AM Post #7,874 of 65,624
By the way all, I've been a fan of Bassboysam for a few years now.  We both participate in another forum, so please excuse any inside jokes- I know they can be annoying.

Anyway, Sam is one of the most creative and innovative bassists in the Stoner/Doom genre.  His band, Monobrow, pretty much transcends the cliché's in this form of heavy music, and they have a humor and intelligence to their music that I think is what makes them accessible, even if you're not a fan of heavy, sludgy rock.

I also think Grado's are a perfect headphone to check them out with.  It is just some very fine, instrumental music with more than a little 'kick' to it.  Y'all should give them a listen:

http://monobrowmanband.bandcamp.com/

You are too kind sir.

Jul 3, 2013 at 6:23 PM Post #7,875 of 65,624
tracking says, expected delivery of the ms2's is friday, i got my fingers crossed
and today, i scored an audioquest dragonly (used, like new) on ebay for $107, (my first auction win)
got my chores done, may go to nashvile this weekend, see some sights, get a mandolin appraised
the the highlight for me will be listening to some grados i haven't heard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back