Grado Fan Club!
Jul 1, 2013 at 9:08 PM Post #7,846 of 65,624
well, a new headphone should arrive here soon, i didn't go 325 exactly, i went ms2, can't wait !!

Jul 1, 2013 at 9:31 PM Post #7,847 of 65,624
Quote:
well, a new headphone should arrive here soon, i didn't go 325 exactly, i went ms2, can't wait !!

Congrats! Looking forward to your impressions
o2smile.gif

Jul 1, 2013 at 9:58 PM Post #7,848 of 65,624
Quote:

Yes, please let us know what you think!

Jul 2, 2013 at 8:14 AM Post #7,851 of 65,624
Received my LD 1+ yesterday with 6AF5W tubes, nice looking little amp and solid build quality. I've only listened to it for about a total of 2 hours, straight out of my MBP using my 325's, which is the reason I purchased it, because the 325;s where missing detail (don't think the Adcom was a good match for the 325's compared to my 80's, but didn't realize this until I purchase my 80's and they sounded more detailed and clearer than the 325's. In the short time listening I"m liking the way that the 325's sound with the LD so far, but need to spend more time with it, and also place my Cd player and DAC in the system, and I also want to hear what it can do for the 80's, but first I'll concentrate on the 325's, and give my though.

Jul 2, 2013 at 8:42 AM Post #7,852 of 65,624
Quote:
Congratulations, I'm also looking forward to your impressions, especially if you have had the oppurtunity to listen to the 325's already. 

no, haven't heard the 325's, closest place to audition is nashville , haven't had a chance to get there yet, maybe this weekend, i'm less than two hours from there, but the ms2's were on ebay, only used only 8 weeks, got them for 250 shipped, and i just wasn't seeing too many for sale here in the u.s. i got to talk to the seller by phone, he's a grado guy too, he's moving to the 500, i too was impressed by the little dots build quality, i may remove my tube cages though, big fat fingers make swapping tubes difficult sometimes, lol

Jul 2, 2013 at 8:48 AM Post #7,853 of 65,624
Quote:

I find it hard to beat the MS2. Honestly, I've had the Magnum v4 and v5 for a while now, but whenever I go back to the MS2 I just prefer the sound. I've also tried/owned the grado line up to the RS1i (and MS1, MS Pro) but MS2 has been the only one I've kept through it all. Think I'll sell my V5's now.

Also running from LD1+

Jul 2, 2013 at 9:19 AM Post #7,854 of 65,624
I also like the MS2 but may I ask why you prefer them over the MS Pro?

Jul 2, 2013 at 10:19 AM Post #7,856 of 65,624
Quote:
I also like the MS2 but may I ask why you prefer them over the MS Pro?

To be honest I thought i liked the MS2 just as much or in fact a little more than the MSpro and much more the sr325i when I tried them out. I felt that the MS2 has a wider soundstage and is smoother sounding than the MSpro although the MSpro has more detail and overall refinement. I would definitely pick the MS2 given that it is much cheaper as well. (40% the price)

Jul 2, 2013 at 10:30 AM Post #7,857 of 65,624
Can you compare the RS1i to the V5?  In terms of treble, midrange, bass and soundstage (over all sound)?  Did you prefer the RS1i to the V5 also?

thanks
Quote:

I find it hard to beat the MS2. Honestly, I've had the Magnum v4 and v5 for a while now, but whenever I go back to the MS2 I just prefer the sound. I've also tried/owned the grado line up to the RS1i (and MS1, MS Pro) but MS2 has been the only one I've kept through it all. Think I'll sell my V5's now.

Also running from LD1+

Jul 2, 2013 at 11:36 AM Post #7,858 of 65,624
Quote:
Received my LD 1+ yesterday with 6AF5W tubes, nice looking little amp and solid build quality. I've only listened to it for about a total of 2 hours, straight out of my MBP using my 325's, which is the reason I purchased it, because the 325;s where missing detail (don't think the Adcom was a good match for the 325's compared to my 80's, but didn't realize this until I purchase my 80's and they sounded more detailed and clearer than the 325's. In the short time listening I"m liking the way that the 325's sound with the LD so far, but need to spend more time with it, and also place my Cd player and DAC in the system, and I also want to hear what it can do for the 80's, but first I'll concentrate on the 325's, and give my though.

Congrats! You may want to be sure to give the LD some warm up time prior to your critical listening sessions. I usually give mine a good 30 min before I fire up some tunes. 

Enjoy it! 

Jul 2, 2013 at 1:13 PM Post #7,859 of 65,624
Thank you! Yes, I always let my equipment warm up before a listening session for at least twenty minutes. I also need to put many hours on the LD before I give some impressions. I listened very briefly, and it did sound good right from the start out of the MBP without an external DAC, so tonight I'm going to listen to my Cd player with my Meridian 203 DAC.
I"m going to purchase the Schiit Magni/Modi setup because I'm very curious to how well they performe, and I want to compare them side by side, then sell the one that I like least.

Jul 2, 2013 at 1:36 PM Post #7,860 of 65,624
Is there a store in LA, Orange County, Inland or Valley area in So Cal that sells RS1i.  
I would like to compare them with my Magnum to see I want to get the RS1i again.  
From memory, I think the Magnums have better detail but I miss the midbass hump, the resonance and warmth of the RS1i.
The Magnums are colder.  But this is all memory.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back