Grado Fan Club!
Apr 25, 2012 at 12:15 AM Post #2,551 of 65,615

Quote:

Mate there is one that is very, very nice indeed and it gets absolutely no wrap on here whatsoever - which is a real shame.

The Cayin HA-1A - Cayin being the name for the former 'Spark Audio' in China. This thing makes waves on the Malaysian and
 Indonesian forums especially when you start to tinker with it - not just the tubes but everything is upgrade-able if you become
 acquainted with a soldering iron - caps, resistors, and most importantly - power supply and associated cabling.

Looks a little too big for dorm use lol.
I wouldn't mind getting into modding like that one day but I don't have the time (or budget) to get good at modding before messing with something like that. 

Apr 25, 2012 at 12:27 AM Post #2,552 of 65,615

Quote:
Is there a tube amp comparable to the LD MK I but isn't hybrid and just tubes?

How bout the LD MkII? :)

Apr 25, 2012 at 12:28 AM Post #2,553 of 65,615

Quote:

I'm lucky,my dealer lets me take home any headphones i want,to try with my system.

Wow, that's a great situation!

Apr 25, 2012 at 12:50 AM Post #2,554 of 65,615

Quote:

How bout the LD MkII? :)

I was considering it but it is designed for higher impedance cans so i'm a bit hesitant though the price is very good.

When first went and listened to some grado sr60i the dealer had a fatman itube and plopped my ipod right into it. It had a remote control which I thought was ok (I didn't listen for long and had never heard the grados before). Does anybody have some experience with this? Are there any cheap amps like more in the range of the LD MKI but with a remote for volume control or do I have to go higher up? 

http://www.fat-man.co.uk/docs/product_07/iTube_ValveDock.shtml

Apr 25, 2012 at 5:11 AM Post #2,555 of 65,615
I too need something that doesn't leak, I had been thinking over ear, but as I wear glasses maybe the DT1350 is what I need.  I work across a desk from a co-worker in a very small, quiet home office, so I need something that absolutely does not leak.

Apr 25, 2012 at 9:26 AM Post #2,556 of 65,615

Quote:

I feel bad for my wallet... Oh well, I think I might have to go get this too. I've heard excellant things about it, and I will probably give it a shot. Thanks again.

you can get 16ohm beyers aswell have a look on this site i know it's in english but it gives you some idea.. http://www.iheadphones.co.uk/beyerdynamic-headphones.html p.s that wasn't me on the you tube beyer dt770 review i found it on the web..http://www.beyerdynamic.com/ if you read the dt770pro 80hms part(click on different impendances)it clearly says that this setting is for mobile use so your fiio will have no trouble powering them..but make sure you get the 80hms version

Apr 25, 2012 at 9:40 AM Post #2,558 of 65,615

Quote:
Man, Beyer makes my head hurt with their model lineups.  Pro/Premium/M/LE, 16/80/250/600 Ohm....I don't know how they keep them straight, much less expect us to.

lol, yep...and then they have the line where you can customize them...it is a ton of stuff they offer.

Apr 25, 2012 at 9:57 AM Post #2,559 of 65,615

Quote:
I too need something that doesn't leak, I had been thinking over ear, but as I wear glasses maybe the DT1350 is what I need.  I work across a desk from a co-worker in a very small, quiet home office, so I need something that absolutely does not leak.

I have got three pairs of them in the back seats of the car for the kids and a cousin when i am in newyork...I was going to get three pairs of grado 325is but they leak sound so the dt1350s are about the best option..for the kids ipad3s with fostex hp-p1s..when i was a kid i would have had to go to the cinema if i wanted something to look and sound that good.

Apr 25, 2012 at 3:24 PM Post #2,564 of 65,615
lol, I didn't mean to, honest...I feel kinda bad not heading out to buy them from Alan at AA, but he'll get my business regardless. If you get the 500s, we definitely need to compare notes...I really don't understand why I feel the RS1s are just yelling out to me, but I guess I'll find out tomorrow haha.

Apr 25, 2012 at 3:25 PM Post #2,565 of 65,615

Quote:

Very nice Focker, please keep us updated on what you think of those. They are on my watch list (at this point in time what isnt....lol)

You got it brother :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back