Grado Fan Club!
Jan 20, 2011 at 4:14 PM Post #136 of 65,584
Bump. Any other Grado fans around? More comments?

Jan 20, 2011 at 4:56 PM Post #137 of 65,584

Quote:

If I remember right, the sr60 come with comfy pads right? If that's the case, throw on some bowls and you should hear quite a difference! And then after that, the taped bowl mod is my pad of choice. Comfies are known to muddy up the sound...

Really? I've never thought my SR60i's were veiled at all.....in fact, I wouldn't want to try the bowl pads at all, the comfies are just right! (asides from EQ-ing a bit of  bass)

Jan 20, 2011 at 5:20 PM Post #138 of 65,584
My SR-125i drivers are slightly angled... right facing the back of my head, left facing the front. It's just slightly angled, but it's there.

Is this a common occurrence due to the gluing? I could heat it and realign it, but I'm a little curious if anybody else has this on theirs.

Jan 20, 2011 at 5:23 PM Post #139 of 65,584

Quote:
Really? I've never thought my SR60i's were veiled at all.....in fact, I wouldn't want to try the bowl pads at all, the comfies are just right! (asides from EQ-ing a bit of  bass)

This is my opinion too.  I love the sound of the SR80i and SR125i with the comfies ... so much so in fact that I use comfies with the SR225i, the MS2i, and the HF2i.

I have RS2i's on the way, and I already have an extra set of comfies earmarked (sic) especially for them !!

I think the bowls are too bright.  And I think the jumbos are too bright.

But ... everyone's personal preference for tonal balance is different. 
beerchug.gif

Jan 20, 2011 at 6:55 PM Post #140 of 65,584

Quote:
This is my opinion too.  I love the sound of the SR80i and SR125i with the comfies ... so much so in fact that I use comfies with the SR225i, the MS2i, and the HF2i.

With or without the quarter mod? I supose you are using the Senn HD 414 pads 

Jan 20, 2011 at 8:50 PM Post #141 of 65,584
I still haven't had a chance to get a good listen to my RS1's. So busy this week. Can't wait for the weekend! :frowning2:

edit: One interesting thing though... I found the RS1's to have more life and detail when I amped them with my Headstage Arrow rather than the Little Dot MKIII. Overall they were just much more enjoyable with my portable amp. lol.

Jan 20, 2011 at 8:50 PM Post #142 of 65,584
No qtr mod.  Like I said, I think the Grados that comes with bowls are too bright.  Just a personal preference.  The comfies tone the brightness down.

Jan 20, 2011 at 8:58 PM Post #143 of 65,584
o hai viking! 
smile_phones.gif

count me in too! got the hf2s about 4 weeks ago and can't stop listening too them.  still looking for an amp for them though.

Jan 20, 2011 at 9:04 PM Post #144 of 65,584

Quote:
o hai viking! 
smile_phones.gif

count me in too! got the hf2s about 4 weeks ago and can't stop listening too them.  still looking for an amp for them though.

Hi! I'm still enjoying the CD you got me! Haven't listened to it for a couple of weeks, but it definitely is good stuff. Thanks again 
biggrin.gif

Jan 20, 2011 at 10:27 PM Post #146 of 65,584

Quote:
Quote:

I have RS2i's on the way, and I already have an extra set of comfies earmarked (sic) especially for them !!

I think the bowls are too bright.  And I think the jumbos are too bright.

But ... everyone's personal preference for tonal balance is different. 
beerchug.gif

personally, I love the brightness, but my right ear becomes quickly fatigued by the grados...odd huh

Jan 20, 2011 at 11:44 PM Post #147 of 65,584

Quote:
o hai viking! 
smile_phones.gif

I amp mine with an Audio GD Sparrow that I'm pretty happy with. Kevin has one too so you can get his impressions as well, but for $183 you get a great DAC with a good headphone out to drive your HF2. I think Kevin loaned his to one of his buddies that A / B'ed it with a Benchmark DAC. You can read those impressions here. and I added some comments as well.

Jan 21, 2011 at 1:46 AM Post #148 of 65,584

Hi! I'm still enjoying the CD you got me! Haven't listened to it for a couple of weeks, but it definitely is good stuff. Thanks again 
biggrin.gif

I'm glad you like it! I'm enjoying silent alarm, too (listening to it right now actually :))

Jan 21, 2011 at 11:10 AM Post #149 of 65,584
Hey everybody, first post!  After using a pair of Sony MDR-V500s for the last 5 years (I know, I know...), I decided to step things up a bit.  Picked up some SR60s yesterday and the difference is mind-boggling.  If this is their *low-end* model, I can't imagine how good the others must sound!

Jan 21, 2011 at 11:18 AM Post #150 of 65,584
Welcome from another newbie here! 

Yes, the SR60s are well known for having an outstanding value-price relation. As they burn in, you will see how they get better and better,

After that if you want to improve the sound I recommend getting an amp (PA2V2 is a good option), If you are using an ipod as source get a cheap Fiio LOD for better results

Happy listening!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back