Grado Fan Club!
Jan 23, 2011 at 8:43 PM Post #166 of 65,708

Quote:
New member of the Grado fan club. I am typing this while listening to my new RS2i's for the first night. I had a tough time getting them as they are had to come by in the great white north but I really lucked out and the one place in edmonton also had the grado ra-1 amp with upgraded headphone jack (locks cable in) on consignment for $300 (cheap in cdn) and I've got the 30th anniversary edition of dark side of the moon melting my brain as I speak. I've been listening for hours and can't seem to stop even to walk to the fridge to get a beer or even pick up the phone to order food. I may die of starvation and sobriety at any time with a massive grin on my face.

sounds like somebody need a 15ft grado branded extension cable....but congrats on your new setup

Jan 23, 2011 at 9:58 PM Post #167 of 65,708

Quote:
New member of the Grado fan club. I am typing this while listening to my new RS2i's for the first night. I had a tough time getting them as they are had to come by in the great white north but I really lucked out and the one place in edmonton also had the grado ra-1 amp with upgraded headphone jack (locks cable in) on consignment for $300 (cheap in cdn) and I've got the 30th anniversary edition of dark side of the moon melting my brain as I speak. I've been listening for hours and can't seem to stop even to walk to the fridge to get a beer or even pick up the phone to order food. I may die of starvation and sobriety at any time with a massive grin on my face.

Very nice!!!!!!!!!! Welcome to the fold!!!!

Jan 24, 2011 at 12:25 AM Post #168 of 65,708

Quote:
Quote:

sounds like somebody need a 15ft grado branded extension cable....but congrats on your new setup

A man needs a maid...

Jan 24, 2011 at 2:42 AM Post #169 of 65,708

I amp mine with an Audio GD Sparrow that I'm pretty happy with. Kevin has one too so you can get his impressions as well, but for $183 you get a great DAC with a good headphone out to drive your HF2. I think Kevin loaned his to one of his buddies that A / B'ed it with a Benchmark DAC. You can read those impressions here. and I added some comments as well.

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll have to check it out. I might be asking you some questions about it later, if that's okay.

Jan 24, 2011 at 12:41 PM Post #170 of 65,708

Quote:
Quote:
Hey everybody, first post!  After using a pair of Sony MDR-V500s for the last 5 years (I know, I know...), I decided to step things up a bit.  Picked up some SR60s yesterday and the difference is mind-boggling.  If this is their *low-end* model, I can't imagine how good the others must sound!

I'm guessing you will know soon enough. The SR60's were my first Grado's too. Since that purchase I've had an SR225i, an MS2i, and an HF2. The HF2 is my primary can and I just woodied my 60's. Enjoy the journey.

Yeah, be careful with the head-fi bug, when it bites, bites real hard.

4 Years ago I was happy with my Senn PX-100 and ipod, then about 6 months ago I started just reading at the forum, 2 months later I decided to get  some Senn HD 238s (I said , what the hell, so I also got a Fiio e5 and  it´s LOD),

1 month ago decided to sell those cans and get my grados (SR225i) now I´m about to order my Audio GD Fun DAC - AMP 

my wife will ask me to divorce if I keep buying audio stuff 
biggrin.gif

wink.gif

Jan 24, 2011 at 5:47 PM Post #171 of 65,708

Quote:

4 Years ago I was happy with my Senn PX-100 and ipod, then about 6 months ago I started just reading at the forum, 2 months later I decided to get  some Senn HD 238s (I said , what the hell, so I also got a Fiio e5 and  it´s LOD),

1 month ago decided to sell those cans and get my grados (SR225i) now I´m about to order my Audio GD Fun DAC - AMP 

biggrin.gif

wink.gif

Look at my sig. 
smile_phones.gif
  Same story here.

But I tell my wife, I don't gamble, drink, cheat, or hit, so what's the problem being a little obsessed with getting the best headphone audio quality that I can?

beerchug.gif

Jan 24, 2011 at 9:44 PM Post #172 of 65,708

Quote:
Quote:

biggrin.gif

wink.gif

Look at my sig. 
smile_phones.gif
  Same story here.

But I tell my wife, I don't gamble, drink, cheat, or hit, so what's the problem being a little obsessed with getting the best headphone audio quality that I can?

beerchug.gif

Thats a fantastic argument my friend. When I get married I'll use that one 
biggrin.gif

Jan 24, 2011 at 10:05 PM Post #173 of 65,708
Viking, you know I hate playing thread policeman, but can you please refrain from copying a post which already contains a quote in its entirety ? I admit that yours isnt the worst example in this thread, but it really gets old. The line you wanted to address was the last line in the previous post - you could easily have deleted everything else.

Thank you,

estreeter

Jan 24, 2011 at 10:13 PM Post #174 of 65,708

Quote:
I searched and couldn't find a fan club for Grados in general. I have only listened to the SR80is and LOVE them. I love how these cans really bring rock to life. I hope to someday try some more high end Grados. I want to see how the Grado "house sound" changes throughout the line up. 

this is where my journey began also. ive owned the 225I for a long time, and think its now time to try the 325I.

Jan 24, 2011 at 10:45 PM Post #175 of 65,708

Quote:
Viking, you know I hate playing thread policeman, but can you please refrain from copying a post which already contains a quote in its entirety ? I admit that yours isnt the worst example in this thread, but it really gets old. The line you wanted to address was the last line in the previous post - you could easily have deleted everything else.

Thank you,

estreeter

Of course. Thanks for the reminder. I will keep it to a "one post a quote" limit. 

Jan 24, 2011 at 10:46 PM Post #176 of 65,708

Quote:
this is where my journey began also. ive owned the 225I for a long time, and think its now time to try the 325I.

Don't you just love the Grado sound. I am practically jumping around the house in anticipation for my 225is. I have to wait a bit for the money, but it shouldn't be more than a week. 

Jan 24, 2011 at 11:06 PM Post #177 of 65,708
i think i may be grabbing a p51 for my next pair of 225I, since i sold mine, as my next major move back to grados, or looking for some hf-2.

i dont feel the rs1 or  other higher models rs2 will be beneficial to my horribly recorded deathcore music.

Jan 25, 2011 at 5:18 PM Post #178 of 65,708
I have the same issue. A lot of my metal is just not well recorded or mastered. Its not awful, but there is tons of room for improvement. 

Jan 25, 2011 at 5:53 PM Post #179 of 65,708
@ Viking, congrats for the Sr-225i, as an advice, just be patient with the burn in process. Mine were cranky at first. I was really stressed. But after some use and frenquency sweeps  / pink  noise they got much better.  Now they should have arround 70 burn in hours.

@ Kevin, LOL that is a great argument! 
biggrin.gif
. I would use it but the problem is I do drink
beerchug.gif
, whether is too much or not is relative, just like the volume on our cans 
wink_face.gif

Jan 26, 2011 at 5:08 PM Post #180 of 65,708

Quote:
@ Viking, congrats for the Sr-225i, as an advice, just be patient with the burn in process. Mine were cranky at first. I was really stressed. But after some use and frenquency sweeps  / pink  noise they got much better.  Now they should have arround 70 burn in hours.

Thanks! I haven't actually bought them yet, but will be getting them very shortly. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back