Grado Fan Club!
Nov 27, 2022 at 12:37 AM Post #57,646 of 65,787
Yeah but does Grado test with those amps? :p
So... you're suggesting to only listen to Grado with what you saw them with in the 🇬🇧 UK?

Why don't we go a step further and only listen to music with the speakers and headphones studios use? I don't know many studios that use Grado... so I guess your argument has gone to Schiit....

Do as you wish, I'll just listen 🎶 to the music and not necessarily worry about combo I'm SUPPOSED to use :L3000: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :smile_cat: :sweat_smile:

Nov 27, 2022 at 3:23 AM Post #57,648 of 65,787
So... you're suggesting to only listen to Grado with what you saw them with in the 🇬🇧 UK?

No, I didn't see anything in the UK, never been there.

Why don't we go a step further and only listen to music with the speakers and headphones studios use?

There are some discussions like that about monitors, yes.

I don't know many studios that use Grado... so I guess your argument has gone to Schiit....

From all of what you wrote in response to me, I think you have me confused with somebody else. I have no argument. I have an opinion, and I'm entitled to it.

If it's different from yours it does not yet constitute an argument :wink:

Do as you wish, I'll just listen 🎶 to the music and not necessarily worry about combo I'm SUPPOSED to use

I think it's unlikely you'll find anything I posted that suggests what you should use. You might have taken a wild guess and inferred that, but if so, there's nothing I can do about that.

Nov 27, 2022 at 4:35 AM Post #57,649 of 65,787
No Grado on sale this black friday/week.
Bought an apple watch to full price instead 😜

Nov 27, 2022 at 10:05 AM Post #57,650 of 65,787
20221127_225545-01.jpeg

the vocals on these are seriously good. excellent amount of detail. top end has some bite, but not bright at all. stage width and depth are better than I remember on the gs3ke.

Nov 27, 2022 at 10:31 AM Post #57,652 of 65,787
Nov 27, 2022 at 2:02 PM Post #57,653 of 65,787
Hi all - I am getting back into head-fi after a good 10 year long break.

I’m considering treating myself to a new headphone and leaning towards a Grado. I own a HF2 and a MS Pro (i era) which I’ve just ordered new pads since they had perished in their long hibernation 😂. My local store in Aus seems to have stock of some limited editions (Hemp, White, GH2/3/4). Is there a clear direction I should go to not overlap too much with what I already have? Those new RS1Xs look particularly unusual with the tri wood.

Thanks in advance.
I think The White will be the most different from what you already have.
GH2 is so pretty you really ought to have one of those too
GH4 is the best sounding GH model so you need one of those too
Hemp is iconic by this point so you really ought to have one handy
GH3 is smaller and more utilitarian than the others so they're adding value that way

So yea just go ahead and get them all :wink:

Nov 27, 2022 at 2:38 PM Post #57,654 of 65,787
I think The White will be the most different from what you already have.
GH2 is so pretty you really ought to have one of those too
GH4 is the best sounding GH model so you need one of those too
Hemp is iconic by this point so you really ought to have one handy
GH3 is smaller and more utilitarian than the others so they're adding value that way

So yea just go ahead and get them all :wink:

ha this is what I ran away from to save up a house deposit.

Having crawled through the last 500 pages or so, I don’t see anyone having the White, except for you?

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2022 at 2:42 PM Post #57,655 of 65,787

Having crawled through the last 500 pages or so, I don’t see anyone having the White.
I have The White. Maybe I'm the only one.
It's fun; a little more FRONT ROW! intensity compared to my GS1000i and a little more spacious compared to an on ear model.

Nov 28, 2022 at 2:15 AM Post #57,656 of 65,787

Having crawled through the last 500 pages or so, I don’t see anyone having the White, except for you?
I have the White, too. Noticeable more mids than the smaller Grados. I hear it in singing voices the most.

Nov 28, 2022 at 3:11 PM Post #57,657 of 65,787
Tonight, I am letting the Hemps play some jazz and I came across this track.
https://tidal.com/browse/track/247473040

In the beginning, I thought the music came from the speakers behind my laptop. The Hemps can really open up if they get the right amp and power.

52505847352_7d130975a0_k.jpg

Nov 28, 2022 at 5:06 PM Post #57,660 of 65,787
First impressions about the RS2x just out of the box.

1 - It’s gorgeous! So much better than the pictures I saw of it. The marriage of mapple and hemp looks so natural, the colors are fantastic. Really impressed me.

2- It’s very light. Compared with the 325x and even to the 80x. Super light.

3- It’s confortable. I was shocked when my 325x arrived, it really hurt me - later got so much better.

4- I was expecting the X series signature, darker and with lots of bass. Not at all. It sounds a lot like the e series signature, wich I really love, classic Grado all the way.

5- Microdynamics are fantastic. It shows a lot! All my other Grados doesn`t show so much like this. I thought this was not possible.

6- Almost forgot, my second impression: this smells so good. Grado perfume! Like whiskey barrel wood. And it leaves this fragrance on you! :o2smile:

Very happy already, it looks so great, every time my eyes gaze on it I`m overjoyed. They really make this special.

It was very expensive for me, but feeling that I have obtained a truly classic headphone that will last for many years to come.

Let's see how it will develop the sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back