Grado Fan Club!
Jun 10, 2022 at 7:42 AM Post #53,401 of 65,553
Jun 10, 2022 at 8:22 AM Post #53,403 of 65,553
I've both Tidal HiFi and Qobuz, running both via Roon. At one time, I even have Apple Music to join those 2. Call me mad.

On day 3 with GH1, I feel I have been Gradofied or gratified. After 6 years of headphones, I discovered Grado and I've consumed lots of other headphones, Audezes, ZMFs, Senns, Beyerdynamics, HiFiMan.

The tone of GH1 just snap in my mind. It sound so right with Odyssey. I must get one solid state again, having got rid of v280, Auralic Taurus Mk2, MJ2, Burson Soloist 3XP, SMSL SP200, etc etc.

I bet they sound great from Odyssey UT.

I loved the sound of my RS1 from the GEL3N in one tube mode.
The EL3N tubes warmth works very well with the Grado sound.

At times I really miss my RS1 and have thought about another Grado, mostly for some portable use as they are powered so easily.

G3.jpg

If anyone has an older RS1 with the square rods / metal caps /buttons / thinner cable like my previous above....If anyone has one in great shape that they are looking to sell...hit me up

Jun 10, 2022 at 8:49 AM Post #53,404 of 65,553
Is there no limit to how well this Grado can scale? With this Super Mini 6EW7, the GH1 just pop ! It's sweetness on another level.

Susvara and Cayin IHA-6 arriving in 15. There's going to be fireworks and surprises.

I mentioned to you how well the GH1 (and mostly all Grado's) scale so well. Listened to my GH1 w/WA33 last night...amazing!
I'll be listening to the same convo for the next several days. I recently purchased a PS1000 from Japan and it's amazing too, but I prefer it with my GS-X mk2 over the WA33.

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2022 at 11:04 AM Post #53,405 of 65,553
How GH1 compares to Susvara , patiently looking forward to reading about that
Many thanks to my friend @xtiva for bringing over his Susvara and Cayin IHA-6. That combination is actually very good but when I listen to GH1 with the Super Mini 6EW7, I have to say that I prefer the GH1 combo. There is no sweeter vocals performance. GH1 is a much tighter tone than Susvara but when combined with that tube amp, everything just pop. The synergy is stunning.

I've tried GH1 with Cayin but I definitely prefer it with the tube amp. Synergy is incredible. As in all things audio, your mileage may vary. :relaxed:

Picture courtesy of xtiva.

Image-1.jpg

Jun 10, 2022 at 12:15 PM Post #53,407 of 65,553
So can you stop with only one Grado?

My name is until then .... :ksc75smile:

So makes the Super Mini 6EW7?

McChanson amps. Eric is an old school amp builder all his life. He's in his retirement years now.

This is a very well written, concise review of Eric's 6EM7 Super amp from a Grado owner. https://www.head-fi.org/threads/eric-mcchanson-headphone-amp.718350/post-14199199

I bet they sound great from Odyssey UT.

I loved the sound of my RS1 from the GEL3N in one tube mode.
The EL3N tubes warmth works very well with the Grado sound.

At times I really miss my RS1 and have thought about another Grado, mostly for some portable use as they are powered so easily.

G3.jpg

If anyone has an older RS1 with the square rods / metal caps /buttons / thinner cable like my previous above....If anyone has one in great shape that they are looking to sell...hit me up

They do sound great from Odyssey, Joe. However I find the synergy between the Super amp and Grado GH1 the best ... so far. I don't even own the Super amp. ... yet. :relaxed:

I mentioned to you how well the GH1 (and mostly all Grado's) scale so well. Listened to my GH1 w/WA33 last night...amazing!
I'll be listening to the same convo for the next several days. I recently purchased a PS1000 from Japan and it's amazing too, but I prefer it with my GS-X mk2 over the WA33.

Yes Joseph, you did share your thoughts with me in our private correspondence and having experience GH1 with many tube amps and the solid state Cayin IHA-6, I have to agree that the Grado scales incredibly well with source and amps.

I have no doubt that your Grados sounded amazing with the very well regarded WA33 and GS-X Mk2.

Jun 10, 2022 at 12:40 PM Post #53,408 of 65,553
How GH1 compares to Susvara , patiently looking forward to reading about that

I shall attempt to articulate that.

A few days prior to getting the Grado GH1, I listen to Susvara via my reference tube amp Odyssey. I find that combination incredibly smooth and very well balanced. The level of details and clarity is astonishing from the HiFiMan's flagship. Texture is superb. Soundstage has width, depth and height. Overall, it's a holographic, spell binding listening session with genres spread across acoustics, vocals, classical, jazz and rock. I declare then that is my end game setup....

Enter the Grado GH1 2 days later and I was astounded the Grado pick out instruments and macro details better than Susvara. GH1 has a leaner, tighter sound than Susvara and instruments separation stands out much better. Listening to vocals, again I give the nod to GH1 because it sounded more natural - the voicing that is.

Susvara in contrast has a thicker texture and for rock probably better at handling bass.

Jun 10, 2022 at 12:41 PM Post #53,409 of 65,553
Jun 10, 2022 at 5:16 PM Post #53,412 of 65,553
So there are two ver of 1 gen driver?
90’s to 2003?
i from 2003, improved gen 1 driver?
New gen 2 driver in 07/08?called is?
Gen 3 in 2014 (e) ?
And the X in 21…
( talking about prestige series/325)

Jun 10, 2022 at 5:30 PM Post #53,414 of 65,553
Jun 10, 2022 at 5:38 PM Post #53,415 of 65,553
Was almost empty before I open it tonight :)
The 80e is good for its price.
Listening with my rs2e and tr-amp earlier today, it is better.
But the 80e and an apple dongle are pretty good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back