Grado Fan Club!
Jun 9, 2022 at 5:34 PM Post #53,387 of 65,534
Hey guys I noticed something interesting with the gimbals/post on my RS1x. The post is attached at angle. Please check out my pics vs my RS2e post, which look much in-line with the gimbal. Do other's RS1x look like this?
I just checked my RS1x and it has the same angle, so that is correct.

Jun 9, 2022 at 6:24 PM Post #53,389 of 65,534
Hey guys I noticed something interesting with the gimbals/post on my RS1x. The post is attached at angle. Please check out my pics vs my RS2e post, which look much in-line with the gimbal. Do other's RS1x look like this?
Yes, mine does. I believe that by being attached at an angle the post / joint is subject to less stress when the RS1x is worn.

Jun 9, 2022 at 7:04 PM Post #53,390 of 65,534
Day 5 with Grado. I've with me He1000se and GH1 sitting right in front of Woo Audio WA22 so I can swap quickly. Every instance when I'm listening with GH1, I'm preferring the Grado over the HiFiMan. This is very telling. With Yggdrasil not with me at the moment, it's NAD M51 doing dac duties. In this chain, soundstage is wide, vocals are sweet and there's precision in every note and drum beats.

The obsession with GH1 rolls on.

IMG_4503.jpg

Picking up this Super Mini 6FD7 amp from Eric this morning to expose GH1 to more amps.
DSCN0222.JPG

Jun 9, 2022 at 8:14 PM Post #53,391 of 65,534
Day 5 with Grado. I've with me He1000se and GH1 sitting right in front of Woo Audio WA22 so I can swap quickly. Every instance when I'm listening with GH1, I'm preferring the Grado over the HiFiMan. This is very telling. With Yggdrasil not with me at the moment, it's NAD M51 doing dac duties. In this chain, soundstage is wide, vocals are sweet and there's precision in every note and drum beats.

The obsession with GH1 rolls on.

IMG_4503.jpg

Picking up this Super Mini 6FD7 amp from Eric this morning to expose GH1 to more amps.
DSCN0222.JPG
Interesting. The Woo WA6 (1st Gen.) can take 6FD7 as well as the ‘native’ 6DE7…..(I’ve used neither, opting for Footscray CV455s with adapters.)…🤔

Jun 9, 2022 at 10:35 PM Post #53,393 of 65,534
Jun 10, 2022 at 5:48 AM Post #53,395 of 65,534
How good it the GH1? Anyone with GH1 and RS2e?

Jun 10, 2022 at 6:30 AM Post #53,397 of 65,534
Many thanks to my friend @xtiva for bringing over his Susvara and Cayin IHA-6. That combination is actually very good but when I listen to GH1 with the Super Mini 6EW7, I have to say that I prefer the GH1 combo. There is no sweeter vocals performance. GH1 is a much tighter tone than Susvara but when combined with that tube amp, everything just pop. The synergy is stunning.

I've tried GH1 with Cayin but I definitely prefer it with the tube amp. Synergy is incredible. As in all things audio, your mileage may vary. :relaxed:

Picture courtesy of xtiva.

Image-1.jpg

Jun 10, 2022 at 6:37 AM Post #53,398 of 65,534
Jun 10, 2022 at 6:52 AM Post #53,399 of 65,534
Many thanks to my friend @xtiva for bringing over his Susvara and Cayin IHA-6. That combination is actually very good but when I listen to GH1 with the Super Mini 6EW7, I have to say that I prefer the GH1 combo. There is no sweeter vocals performance. GH1 is a much tighter tone than Susvara but when combined with that tube amp, everything just pop. The synergy is stunning.

I've tried GH1 with Cayin but I definitely prefer it with the tube amp. Synergy is incredible. As in all things audio, your mileage may vary. :relaxed:

Image-1.jpg

As per @UntilThen who has far more experience with hifi but it was an amazing headphone with 6EW7 amp. These seem like it was made for each other... The amp brought out the best of the headphone... the detail retrieval was amazing with tight and articulate bass...

awesome time today Thanks @UntilThen

Jun 10, 2022 at 7:16 AM Post #53,400 of 65,534

Image-1.jpg
So can you stop with only one Grado?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back