Grado Fan Club!
Feb 25, 2022 at 4:48 PM Post #51,301 of 65,554
No. That’s why they’ve been revamping their products the past few years because their schiit does not stack up to the competition.

Hemp is good. Most of the rest sucked. The new x-series took their ques from Hemp’s success. Grado got lucky or they hired someone else to do their designs or they just copied purr!n.
They did seem to strike gold with the x series. Can't wait to see what they'll do with a statement-x series headphone!

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2022 at 4:50 PM Post #51,302 of 65,554
Sold mine in may when I «upgraded» to 325x. Regret. Bought a new pair in november.There is something magic/enjoying/engaging with 225e

Feb 25, 2022 at 4:50 PM Post #51,303 of 65,554
Sold mine in may when I upgraded to 325x. Regret. Bought a new pair in november.There is something magic/enjoying/engaging with 225e
Yes!

Feb 25, 2022 at 5:22 PM Post #51,304 of 65,554
Received my Dekoni Fenestrated Sheepskins today. Are these defective? The perforation on one Pad is horizontal and the other is listing lazily to the left? I tried to contact Dekoni, but I cannot get my photos to upload to their form. Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_0892.jpeg
    IMG_0892.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Feb 25, 2022 at 5:35 PM Post #51,305 of 65,554
Received my Dekoni Fenestrated Sheepskins today. Are these defective? The perforation on one Pad is horizontal and the other is listing lazily to the left? I tried to contact Dekoni, but I cannot get my photos to upload to their form. Thank you.
That looks disappointing for the money paid, I hope they send you a replacement.

How does it sound?

Feb 25, 2022 at 5:40 PM Post #51,306 of 65,554
I still think the sr225e are some of my favorite Grados, I regret selling them. Sure it lacks the refinement of the higher tier models but that lack of refinement works for it, the grit in the sound works in its favour. Super fun! A good set to complement other Grados imho

How does the “grit” help and make super fun?

Feb 25, 2022 at 5:45 PM Post #51,307 of 65,554
That looks disappointing for the money paid, I hope they send you a replacement.

How does it sound?
No clue. It's most likely me, but I cannot stretch the leather to install on my RS1x without significant force. I don't want to damage my Headphones. I have been trying to submit a form to Dekoni for the past 30 minutes. It will not allow me to send the form without attaching files and they will not attach. The files attach to Head-Fi with no issues. Will most likely have to call on Monday.

Feb 25, 2022 at 6:53 PM Post #51,308 of 65,554
Grado knows what he's doing, man.
No. That’s why they’ve been revamping their products the past few years because their schiit does not stack up to the competition.
I submit that Grado revamping the product line in response to current market trends is a big data point in favor of them knowing what they're doing.

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2022 at 7:53 PM Post #51,309 of 65,554
I submit that Grado revamping the product line in response to current market trends is a big data point in favor of them knowing what they're doing.
Took them long enough. Yet they are still behind the competition. x-series makes them less behind.

Grado's specialty imo is in their form factor (supraaural with foam pads) which allows a unique sounding character, and their other specialty is the way they render electric guitar. Grado is not better in any measureable way, but a subjective flavor and a compliment to a collection of more well-rounded and more capable headphones.

Expanding on unique Grado character.:
- the flat open/porous foam on-ear pads mean less pad and/or ear interactions (akin to room interaction with speakers)
- the proximity of the driver to ear
- treble resonance / ringing probably causes the unique electric guitar sound, fast attack combined with extra long decay. I'd like to understand why Grado's ring the way they do. Is it the driver, the driver grill, or something else? I am tempted to get some Grado style driver grills and see if I can reproduce the same type of resonance while using entirely different drivers to determine if its something to do with the obstructive grills.

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2022 at 10:11 PM Post #51,310 of 65,554
How does the “grit” help and make super fun?
It's really hard for me to explain, it helps bring out guitars in metal and the like, makes them super satisfyingly. I wish I could give you a better explanation but I don't have a sr225e on hand and can only explain from memory

Feb 25, 2022 at 10:17 PM Post #51,311 of 65,554
I still think the sr225e are some of my favorite Grados, I regret selling them. Sure it lacks the refinement of the higher tier models but that lack of refinement works for it, the grit in the sound works in its favour. Super fun! A good set to complement other Grados imho

I love my SR225e. Though I tend to listen to my Hemps more often. After I realized I wasn't using them as often as my others, I modded my 225e and don't regret it. Metal gimbals, better headband, wooden cups, and a new cable but kept the same drivers inside. They still sound great.

Feb 25, 2022 at 10:19 PM Post #51,312 of 65,554
No clue. It's most likely me, but I cannot stretch the leather to install on my RS1x without significant force. I don't want to damage my Headphones. I have been trying to submit a form to Dekoni for the past 30 minutes. It will not allow me to send the form without attaching files and they will not attach. The files attach to Head-Fi with no issues. Will most likely have to call on Monday.
Goodluck! I hope everything gets resolved
I love my SR225e. Though I tend to listen to my Hemps more often. After I realized I wasn't using them as often as my others, I modded my 225e and don't regret it. Metal gimbals, better headband, wooden cups, and a new cable but kept the same drivers inside. They still sound great.
That sounds like an awesome project! Do you have pics of that build?

Feb 25, 2022 at 10:23 PM Post #51,313 of 65,554
Feb 25, 2022 at 10:37 PM Post #51,314 of 65,554
Feb 25, 2022 at 10:57 PM Post #51,315 of 65,554
Thank you for sharing, the end result looks beautiful

It was a really fun build. I learned a lot while doing it and didn't really have much anxiety about messing it up since they weren't one of my more expensive Grados. They are beautiful but they sound great, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back