Grado Fan Club!
Oct 11, 2020 at 3:43 PM Post #43,426 of 65,687
Can't you take an L pad (or some cheap ebay Grado pad) and cut it to the shape of the BA foam inserts?
Elvergun you're a damn genius.

I've had some BA pads for awhile that I thought were underwhelming, they were too soft and squishy vs the clamping force of the headphones

I took out the stuffing and wrapped the outer sleeve part around the normal L pad. Didnt have to cut them or anything, just shoved em up in there. Its now much firmer, keeping that clamp at bay, but still offering the buttery smooth surface against your ear. They're much more like I imagined they would be when I first got them. And no major change to the sound as far as I could tell.

Oct 11, 2020 at 3:50 PM Post #43,427 of 65,687

I've had some BA pads for awhile that I thought were underwhelming, they were too soft and squishy vs the clamping force of the headphones

I took out the stuffing and wrapped the outer sleeve part around the normal L pad. Didnt have to cut them or anything, just shoved em up in there. Its now much firmer, keeping that clamp at bay, but still offering the buttery smooth surface against your ear. They're much more like I imagined they would be when I first got them. And no major change to the sound as far as I could tell.

And you didn't need to raid your cleaning supplies. Domestic bliss can continue to reign. :L3000:

Oct 11, 2020 at 4:04 PM Post #43,428 of 65,687
And you didn't need to raid your cleaning supplies. Domestic bliss can continue to reign. :L3000:
Me: "Look honey, I just fixed my 325es. Now they're even more comfortable and still sound great."

Sra Dinero: "Wonderful, so now you can get rid of some of your other headphones."

Clearly the quarantine has made her stop thinking clearly. 😉

Oct 11, 2020 at 4:57 PM Post #43,430 of 65,687
Me: "Look honey, I just fixed my 325es. Now they're even more comfortable and still sound great."

Sra Dinero: "Wonderful, so now you can get rid of some of your other headphones."

Clearly the quarantine has made her stop thinking clearly. 😉

Blasphemy.

Oct 12, 2020 at 12:28 AM Post #43,434 of 65,687
Yup, the RS2e is a warmer Grado and I'm expecting similar from the Hemp.

The Hemp is definitely warmer than other Grados I've heard. Though I've not heard the RS2e before.

Oct 12, 2020 at 8:39 AM Post #43,435 of 65,687

This totally works, Grado L & BA hybrids in my case. Now perfect.

I wonder if G cush fits in the large BA...

Oct 12, 2020 at 9:10 AM Post #43,437 of 65,687
Speaking of Beautiful Audio, my return finally reached them after nearly two months in transit due to COVID-19 delays:

capture.png

However, Silvian trusted that I was being honest about everything and processed the refund several weeks before the package was received! The pads may not have worked out, but this was outstanding service. Two thumbs up.

Oct 12, 2020 at 9:43 AM Post #43,438 of 65,687
Speaking of Beautiful Audio, my return finally reached them after nearly two months in transit due to COVID-19 delays:

However, Silvian trusted that I was being honest about everything and processed the refund several weeks before the package was received! The pads may not have worked out, but this was outstanding service. Two thumbs up.
Nice. I noticed yesterday that he has a "heads up" type message on his webpage about asking for tbe diameter of the cups that you're buying for., which I dont remember seeing before.

Oct 12, 2020 at 1:45 PM Post #43,439 of 65,687
I tried that too, but to my head there was too much clamping force. Hence, the “cleaning“ supplies:) Of note, make sure there is no soap left, good music can make bubbles.....

Oct 12, 2020 at 3:05 PM Post #43,440 of 65,687
Looking at BA website, the G style is already a hybrid. I can't spend any money, but you could email Sylvian and ask him about it...
Doug
I tried the BA G pad and it did not sound good on any of my Grados. The only thing good it was soft & comfortable on the ears. Absolutely killed the clarity & balance on any of mine. I am glad it was a loan from a friend who had the same opinion. 👎🏻

Users who are viewing this thread

Back