Grado Fan Club!
Feb 14, 2019 at 3:10 AM Post #39,196 of 65,622
Feb 14, 2019 at 4:44 AM Post #39,197 of 65,622
I just ordered it earlier today! Now it's just the waiting game lol.

I certainly don't use Grados for EDM, hip-hop, sub-bass type music and I know they don't do well with those genres. I use them for everything rock, indie, acoustic, alternative, metal, jazz, etc. and they have always been a joy with those genres. I use my Denon D7200 for more of the sub-bass type stuff or really any music though it's certainly not as "magical" as compared to the Grados with the genres I listed earlier. I actually seriously considered the RS2e as well over the GH2, but I just couldn't resist the cocobolo wood. I just had to have it. :grin:

By the way, does anyone here have any experience trying the G-cushion pads with the GH2 and how it changes the sound?
Congrats! I think these are really good with acoustic/ alternative/ indie/ jazz. My pair looks pretty normal with only parallel lines, hopefully yours would have a more exotic appearance.

Feb 14, 2019 at 4:48 AM Post #39,198 of 65,622
By the way speaking of the look.. I can’t believe they have black letters on GH3/ GH4. How beautiful would it be if they just carve the letter without any inking just like GH1..

Feb 14, 2019 at 6:59 AM Post #39,200 of 65,622
The local retailer here says in his blog that GH3 has a “creamy” flavor and the sound signature reminds him of the Grado headphones before 2008. My first pair of Grado is i-series so got absolutely no clue what he’s talking about..

Feb 14, 2019 at 1:26 PM Post #39,201 of 65,622
I just ordered it earlier today! Now it's just the waiting game lol.

I certainly don't use Grados for EDM, hip-hop, sub-bass type music and I know they don't do well with those genres. I use them for everything rock, indie, acoustic, alternative, metal, jazz, etc. and they have always been a joy with those genres. I use my Denon D7200 for more of the sub-bass type stuff or really any music though it's certainly not as "magical" as compared to the Grados with the genres I listed earlier. I actually seriously considered the RS2e as well over the GH2, but I just couldn't resist the cocobolo wood. I just had to have it. :grin:

By the way, does anyone here have any experience trying the G-cushion pads with the GH2 and how it changes the sound?

I have tried the G’s but am not a fan. Do recall though that others may disagree. To my ears, I think they loose some of the intimacy compared with that from the L’s. On the contrary, I recommend you to try the TTVJ deluxe flat pads with the GH2. They give a bit more umpf and are really nice with rock music. It should be noted that I may be biased because I also have the GS2000e’s. They have the G cushions but also a 50 mm driver, so I use those when I wish a bigger sound stage and more details.
Hope you will be happy with your GH2’s:):o2smile:

Feb 14, 2019 at 4:57 PM Post #39,202 of 65,622
I have tried the G’s but am not a fan. Do recall though that others may disagree. To my ears, I think they loose some of the intimacy compared with that from the L’s. On the contrary, I recommend you to try the TTVJ deluxe flat pads with the GH2. They give a bit more umpf and are really nice with rock music. It should be noted that I may be biased because I also have the GS2000e’s. They have the G cushions but also a 50 mm driver, so I use those when I wish a bigger sound stage and more details.
Hope you will be happy with your GH2’s:):o2smile:

Good to know, I already have the Flat pads on my SR80i so I will certainly give them a try. I also ordered the G cushion so I can try them as well. I'll see which one sounds best to me. Can't wait!

Feb 14, 2019 at 7:54 PM Post #39,203 of 65,622
Good to know, I already have the Flat pads on my SR80i so I will certainly give them a try. I also ordered the G cushion so I can try them as well. I'll see which one sounds best to me. Can't wait!

The TTVJ flats made the GH2 sound way too boomy to me. The Grado Ls were ok but the Grado G s sounded perfect to me.

That is one of the fun things about Grados. Rolling pads to find the ones that sound best to you.

Feb 14, 2019 at 10:24 PM Post #39,205 of 65,622
The TTVJ flats made the GH2 sound way too boomy to me. The Grado Ls were ok but the Grado G s sounded perfect to me.

That is one of the fun things about Grados. Rolling pads to find the ones that sound best to you.

Wow that's the opposite experience from the previous post. I will just have to experiment myself and see what sounds best to me. I'm hoping I like the G cushion pads the most because that looks like it's the most comfortable for extended listening.

Feb 14, 2019 at 11:32 PM Post #39,206 of 65,622
Wow that's the opposite experience from the previous post. I will just have to experiment myself and see what sounds best to me. I'm hoping I like the G cushion pads the most because that looks like it's the most comfortable for extended listening.
I haven’t tried the flat pads, but to my slightly sticking out ears, the G pads are absolutely superior on GH4.
I tried going back to the stock pads a few times, but they felt thin and flat.

Feb 14, 2019 at 11:41 PM Post #39,207 of 65,622
I haven’t tried the flat pads, but to my slightly sticking out ears, the G pads are absolutely superior on GH4.
I tried going back to the stock pads a few times, but they felt thin and flat.

Hope I have the same experience with the G pads on the GH2!

Feb 15, 2019 at 2:10 PM Post #39,209 of 65,622

Agree and I am not using the flat pads all the time. It depends on genre, source and mood:darthsmile:
So pad-rolling is a great option.....

Feb 15, 2019 at 10:29 PM Post #39,210 of 65,622
As of yesterday I am officially the owner of a brand new RS2e! Thank you everybody for your help in deciding my next Grado. No impressions yet since I’ve only listened for a few minutes, but I will be sure to post my thoughts later after I’ve had more time with them. Thanks again GFC :darthsmile:

Congrats! Enjoy your new Grados... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back