Grado Fan Club!
May 31, 2018 at 7:19 PM Post #38,146 of 65,639
BB6F3D94-4091-4DC8-87C3-539B9ACDC4D4.jpeg
Beautiful, but they look huge!

Shane D
These sound fantastic. They are huge (especially horizontally). I’ve never heard the stock HP1000 but these are my favorite headphones with Grado drivers. Very balanced across frequency range with best bass (except maybe PS1000- not A to B’ing now). Very warm, lively, and balanced with a lusciously rich sound.

May 31, 2018 at 7:48 PM Post #38,147 of 65,639

These sound fantastic. They are huge (especially horizontally). I’ve never heard the stock HP1000 but these are my favorite headphones with Grado drivers. Very balanced across frequency range with best bass (except maybe PS1000- not A to B’ing now). Very warm, lively, and balanced with a lusciously rich sound.
Wow, that is a deep looking cushion.
Glad they sound great.

Shane D

Jun 2, 2018 at 11:00 AM Post #38,149 of 65,639
I bought both my PS2000e and GS2000e in balanced configuration, since I had had a chance to compare balanced vs. single ended on the TTVJ GS2000e tour a year or so ago.

I then upgraded my Schiit stack to the balanced Gungir Multibit and Mjolnir amps, all using the 4-pin XLR connector that the Grado balanced headphones have.

Wanting a balanced PORTABLE source, I just purchased the Sony NW-WM1A, which sounds truly fantastic and has a great user interface (terrible off-line music software PC Music Center, though!).

I find that while I can and have gotten a converter from the 4.4mm Pentaconn (five connector) jack to the XLR of the Grado, it is cumbersome and puts shearing weight as the XLR connector hangs off the 4.4mm jack.

Hence, I hope to convert one of my over ear Grados to balanced with the 4.4mm Pentaconn jack.

Do you know... for the 8 and 12 conductor cord Grados (GS1000i, GH1, for 8), are the connections already balanced, and then combined into single ended in the jack? That would allow me to have an expert simply replace the Grado jack with a 4.4mm Pentaconn, without any cable replacement.

Thanks!

Jun 2, 2018 at 11:22 AM Post #38,152 of 65,639
I bought both my PS2000e and GS2000e in balanced configuration, since I had had a chance to compare balanced vs. single ended on the TTVJ GS2000e tour a year or so ago.

I then upgraded my Schiit stack to the balanced Gungir Multibit and Mjolnir amps, all using the 4-pin XLR connector that the Grado balanced headphones have.

Wanting a balanced PORTABLE source, I just purchased the Sony NW-WM1A, which sounds truly fantastic and has a great user interface (terrible off-line music software PC Music Center, though!).

I find that while I can and have gotten a converter from the 4.4mm Pentaconn (five connector) jack to the XLR of the Grado, it is cumbersome and puts shearing weight as the XLR connector hangs off the 4.4mm jack.

Hence, I hope to convert one of my over ear Grados to balanced with the 4.4mm Pentaconn jack.

Do you know... for the 8 and 12 conductor cord Grados (GS1000i, GH1, for 8), are the connections already balanced, and then combined into single ended in the jack? That would allow me to have an expert simply replace the Grado jack with a 4.4mm Pentaconn, without any cable replacement.

Thanks!
Yes, you can put a 4.4mm balance plug to any Grado. Although, I imagine it might be a pain in the ass with those 12 conductor cables...

Jun 2, 2018 at 11:37 AM Post #38,154 of 65,639

Thanks!
Are you happy with your ps2000? Do you like them more than the gs2000e?

Jun 2, 2018 at 1:58 PM Post #38,155 of 65,639
@joseph69 and @wormsdriver... thanks for the info. Yes indeed, it sounds like Grado keeps the two signals for either cup separate right up to the jack, so a balanced jack can be added. I look for an expert to change to the 4.4mm Pentaconn plug... far beyond my capability.

@riverita , I love my PS2000e,, but if you look at my comparisons of Grados (go to first post link in my signature, then scroll down to see a whole bunch of headphones compared 3 at a time... look for GS2000e and PS2000e entries), you will see that it is complicated.

Until the GS2000e and PS2000e, the GS1000i was my very favorite headphone, and compared each to it. I have not yet formally compared the GS2000e to the PS2000e, though I now have both.

I compare both using a 10-feature acoustic comparison (e.g., transparency, subbass,...) and more recently, a visceral “excitement” factor on fixed pieces of music. The GS2000e outscored my beloved GS1000i; the PS2000e did not. However, in excitement, at the last minute as I was packing my loaner PS2000e to its next stop on the TTVJ tour, I listened to it with the Joseph Grado HPA1 amp ( a rarity!). PS2000e easily won on excitement with that amp, though not with the Schiit, Hugo, or Lotoo PAW Gold that I had used.

In its favor, the GS2000e is wearable while walking or moving around; the PS2000e is too heavy, despite its more exciting sound. Both are great!

Jun 2, 2018 at 2:02 PM Post #38,156 of 65,639
[Quote = "ruthieandjohn, de la publicación: 14278796, miembro de: 389352"] [USER = 346624] @ joseph69 [/ usuario] y [USER = 193749] @wormsdriver [/ user] ... gracias por la información. Sí, efectivamente, suena como Grado mantiene las dos señales, ya sea para copa derecha por separado hasta la toma, por lo que se puede añadir un conector de equilibrado. Busco un experto para cambiar a la clavija de 4.4mm Pentaconn ... mucho más allá de mi capacidad.

[USER = 496994] @riverita [/ USUARIO], me encanta mi PS2000e ,, pero si nos fijamos en mis comparaciones de Grados (Ir al primer mensaje de enlace en mi firma, a continuación, desplácese hacia abajo para ver un montón de auriculares en comparación al 3 una vez ... busque GS2000e y entradas PS2000e), se verá que es complicado.

Hasta el GS2000e y PS2000e, la GS1000i fue mi auriculares muy favorito, y se compara cada uno a ella. Todavía no he comparado formalmente la GS2000e a la PS2000e, aunque ahora tengo dos.

Me comparar ambos utilizando una comparación acústica 10-función (por ejemplo, la transparencia, la sub-bajo, ...) y, más recientemente, una “excitación” visceral factor sobre piezas fijas de la música. El GS2000e superó a mi amado GS1000i; la PS2000e no lo hizo. Sin embargo, en el entusiasmo, en el último minuto como estaba empacando mi PS2000e préstamo a su siguiente parada en la gira TTVJ, lo escuché con el amplificador Joseph Grado HPA1 (una rareza!). PS2000e ganó fácilmente en emoción con ese amplificador, aunque no con el oro Schiit, Hugo, o Lotoo PAW que había utilizado.

A su favor, el GS2000e es portátil mientras camina o se mueve alrededor; la PS2000e es demasiado pesado, a pesar de su sonido más emocionante. Ambos son grandes! [/ QuotThanks a Lot.The best for you

Jun 2, 2018 at 6:50 PM Post #38,157 of 65,639
Hey!
Sweet... I will also give it a try... I was told by Grado's customer service that Murphy's wood soap can be used as well... but I could not find it here.... I'll just need to find a seller with a reasonable shipping fee, hehehe

Cheers!

Are there ANY reasonable shipping charges to where you are? Do you get south once or twice a year?

Shane D

Jun 3, 2018 at 12:12 PM Post #38,158 of 65,639
Are there ANY reasonable shipping charges to where you are? Do you get south once or twice a year?

Shane D

Morning @Shane D , folks, hope all is well!
Yeah, it’s a bummer.... they cancelled my order after realizing where abouts I’m located, hehehe. it would be $30 of shipping... :frowning2:

I will probably include this and other simple yet impossible things to find here on my next trip south. It’s funny indeed simply to see people carrying back loads of groceries and stuff you take for granted. You see even people flying in with a BOX of donuts from Tim Hortons! :) :) :)

Not sure yet when I’ll go south again. Might take a few days off and fly further north hehehe. there’s an art / music festival in Iqaluit by the end of the month.... let’s see (www.alianait.ca)

I have roughly 2 weeks of holidays, but took already some days in early in march... :) almost got a sr325e on kijiji, but it didn’t work out due to bad timing... so, I will go with the flow...
(my grado cents for the record, hehehehe :)

cheers!

Jun 3, 2018 at 1:58 PM Post #38,159 of 65,639
There's nothing better than listening to Count Basie thru my Grado RS1i's and a Woo Audio WA6.

Jun 3, 2018 at 3:22 PM Post #38,160 of 65,639
There's nothing better than listening to Count Basie thru my Grado RS1i's and a Woo Audio WA6.
FWIW: It is not too bad either with the GS2000e and the Graham Slee Solo ULDE
Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back