Grado Fan Club!
Jan 22, 2018 at 9:04 AM Post #37,306 of 65,616

Nice find! I'll believe it when I see it, though. I have a feeling it's going to be a Chinese-made, iGrado / eGrado level of quality set of headphones, though, in which case I might pass, since I had to send my eGrado's in due to driver rattle in one channel, and it worked for about a month before having the same problem and I just gave up and they sit in a case unused since. :deadhorse:

Jan 22, 2018 at 1:55 PM Post #37,308 of 65,616
This is definitely a great way to put it. I feel exactly the same way. I started my headphone journey about 5 or 6 years back with the Grado sr-80. I really liked those headphones, but I felt like I needed to explore other brands and models out there. After trying several other headphones (which I enjoyed each one), I've ended up with the Grado PS-500e. There's something about the Grado sound that is very compelling and I still look forward to listening to them. I've recently been bitten by the headphone bug to try another pair again, but I'm finding it very hard to part with the Grados (I know I'll just end up with another Grado pair in the future).
I've been down that road too. Except I accidentally ended up with my first Grado, the RS1i. After owning and selling several planars/dynamics, the RS1 was the only headphone that I really regretted parting with. I now have a GH2 to replace it, and I don't think I'll make that mistake twice. I'll let the rest of my gear fluctuate while I keep this one as a constant.

Jan 22, 2018 at 3:29 PM Post #37,309 of 65,616
For those that are looking for a solid DAC/Amp combo for Grado headphones, the Audio-GD R2R-11 is quite good with my pair of 225e.

24972251037_d8ce13f732_b.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2018 at 4:58 PM Post #37,310 of 65,616
I spy the tape mod.

Jan 22, 2018 at 5:08 PM Post #37,312 of 65,616
It is such a great and easy mod.

I complain a bit about Grado's cables, I am not a big fan...but I must give credit where credit is due...they have nailed the pads, so easy to change.

Jan 22, 2018 at 5:40 PM Post #37,313 of 65,616
It is such a great and easy mod.

I complain a bit about Grado's cables, I am not a big fan...but I must give credit where credit is due...they have nailed the pads, so easy to change.
Love the quick and easy pad changes but like you not a fan of the cables, especially the newer 8 conductor ones which are so heavy for such light headphones.

@YtseJamer, you might also want to try some generic G-pads ($4-5 on ebay) if you want a little better comfort and a touch more bass and sound stage but it will also slightly recess the mids and highs a little.
My SR225e:
SR225e-Jul2017.jpg

Jan 22, 2018 at 5:46 PM Post #37,314 of 65,616
Love the quick and easy pad changes but like you not a fan of the cables, especially the newer 8 conductor ones which are so heavy for such light headphones.

@YtseJamer, you might also want to try some generic G-pads ($4-5 on ebay) if you want a little better comfort and a touch more bass and sound stage but it will also slightly recess the mids and highs a little.
My SR225e:

Ok thanks I will try the G-pads :wink:

Jan 22, 2018 at 5:49 PM Post #37,315 of 65,616
there is a training that could help you wearing heavy headphone

Jan 23, 2018 at 3:37 PM Post #37,316 of 65,616
Hello! So today I became a member of the Grado fanclub, apparently! I bought a brand new, boxed set of GH-2's yesterday and they arrived today. Still getting used to these pads (why, Grado, why???) but I've got a set of G-cush on order after reading about them on here. I LOVE the sound so far, been working my way through what seems like every single pair of headphones on the market over the past few years, partly for fun, partly to try and see what I like the most. So far, these are a keeper. I just hope the comfort aspect improves with the G-cush.

Sorry, forgot to say - what sort of burn-in time should I expect with these? Loving them from the box, but my experiences over the past couple of years makes me think there's more to come after a bit of time. Brain burn-in obviously likely too!

IMG_0287.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2018 at 4:04 PM Post #37,317 of 65,616
Hello! So today I became a member of the Grado fanclub, apparently! I bought a brand new, boxed set of GH-2's yesterday and they arrived today. Still getting used to these pads (why, Grado, why???) but I've got a set of G-cush on order after reading about them on here. I LOVE the sound so far, been working my way through what seems like every single pair of headphones on the market over the past few years, partly for fun, partly to try and see what I like the most. So far, these are a keeper. I just hope the comfort aspect improves with the G-cush.

Sorry, forgot to say - what sort of burn-in time should I expect with these? Loving them from the box, but my experiences over the past couple of years makes me think there's more to come after a bit of time. Brain burn-in obviously likely too!
congrats! g- cush going to make those very comfortable but expect some changes in sound. i haven't really pay attention about burn in time, i can't comment on it. are you scouser for real?

Jan 23, 2018 at 4:14 PM Post #37,318 of 65,616
congrats! g- cush going to make those very comfortable but expect some changes in sound. i haven't really pay attention about burn in time, i can't comment on it. are you scouser for real?

Haha, cheers! I’m from ‘over the water’ as we say around here. I live just across the Mersey river on the Wirral. I work in Liverpool everyday though. I’m only a scouser to somebody not from Liverpool. Scousers would call me something else, all in good humour though.

It’s just easier to say ‘Liverpool’ on an internationally used forum though

Jan 23, 2018 at 4:28 PM Post #37,319 of 65,616
Haha, cheers! I’m from ‘over the water’ as we say around here. I live just across the Mersey river on the Wirral. I work in Liverpool everyday though. I’m only a scouser to somebody not from Liverpool. Scousers would call me something else, all in good humour though.

It’s just easier to say ‘Liverpool’ on an internationally used forum though

haha i see, i was a bit surprised, i rarely seen scouser on audio forum which to me kinda weird, with all those mersey beat, i thought scousers would be into audio system. at least to me, they famous for music and football

Jan 23, 2018 at 7:37 PM Post #37,320 of 65,616
I'm glad to see the Rs1's get some love around here. I gotta say they have knocked off my PS1k off the #1 spot. I haven't use either one that much this last year, but my Rs1 NEVER disappoints! Always such an enjoyable listen, definitely my favorite headphone of all time! :metal::sunglasses::metal:
When I first got a set of LCD-2 and was showing them to my wife I gave her a set of RS-1 to compare the sound and she preferred the Grados. Couldn't talk her out of it :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back