Grado Fan Club!
Jan 8, 2018 at 11:16 PM Post #37,189 of 65,604
have you guys seen this?
https://en-us.sennheiser.com/high-end-headphones-audiophiles-hd-820
closed-back grado maybe not that far
Subscribed this morning, nothing but arguments as of now. Can't wait to read the impressions later in the thread.

Hey guys have anyone tried these? https://www.beautifulaudio.biz/
They look pretty nice and i am thinking getting a pair for my SR325e they are quite expensive tho.
Which Grado are you going to use them with? Also, please keep us posted on your impressions.

Jan 8, 2018 at 11:49 PM Post #37,190 of 65,604
have you guys seen this?
https://en-us.sennheiser.com/high-end-headphones-audiophiles-hd-820

closed-back grado maybe not that far
Closed back Grado Already HERE:

7478567.png

Jan 9, 2018 at 1:06 AM Post #37,191 of 65,604
Jan 9, 2018 at 5:41 AM Post #37,192 of 65,604
I've had multiple grado original pads fall apart after a few years. Unfortunately I've yet to find 3rd party pads that will make it more comfortable or sound better. Maybe other people have better answers.

I've had unused L pads fall after 2 years (where they start crumbling).

I really like the TTVJ deluxe flat pads, but they're $50 plus shipping. I remember back when Grado was selling the flat pads back in the day for something like $10-$12 (less than $15). I bought my first Grado SR-80 back in the mid 90's.

Jan 9, 2018 at 5:43 AM Post #37,193 of 65,604
I've had unused L pads fall after 2 years (where they start crumbling).

I really like the TTVJ deluxe flat pads, but they're $50 plus shipping. I remember back when Grado was selling the flat pads back in the day for something like $10-$12 (less than $15). I bought my first Grado SR-80 back in the mid 90's.

Dood as soon as I saw the price before I threw up a lil in my mouth. I've ordered wires from ttvj before but I dont have the stomach to order more expensive overpriced items.

I think going senheiser 414 yellow paddies like I did before might make sense for others who look for value above else.

Jan 9, 2018 at 6:28 AM Post #37,194 of 65,604
Yeah, it's hard to justify $50 for the TTVJ deluxe flat foam pads when a nice pair of ZMF Ori Lambskin w/ Memory Foam pads are only $10 more.

I though $35 for the regular flat pads was a bit high.

You could try to find a pair of TTVJ pads in the classifieds here. They show up every now and then. I purchased a set a while back that was barely used for a good deal.

Jan 9, 2018 at 11:01 AM Post #37,195 of 65,604
Yeah, it's hard to justify $50 for the TTVJ deluxe flat foam pads when a nice pair of ZMF Ori Lambskin w/ Memory Foam pads are only $10 more.
The question is, how do these pads make your Grados sound? Have you ever read a positive sound quality impression from anyone about these types of pads? I haven't. In my experience with the EarZonk vinyl pads, they absolutely destroyed the Grado sound. So much so, that I listened to them for 30 seconds and sent them to another member who immediately felt the same.

I highly doubt any type of leather/vinyl pad is going to sound good with any Grado. Also, there are some who have posted about waiting for the these types of pads to be delivered, but unfortunately never post their impressions? Save your money and buy authentic Grado cushions or TTVJ flat pads, they're well worth it. In the 5+yrs of owning my Grados, all of my original cushions are still in excellent condition.

Jan 9, 2018 at 1:17 PM Post #37,196 of 65,604
Same here. Grado sent me a new gimbal. Crisis over.

I only demo-ed a pair of 325e for maybe only three minutes. I was sure I could hear the clout and tonality that the aluminium seemed to give them. (Compared to my 225e anyway.) However the 325e seemed not to be run-in. They were very toppy airy and thin lower down the frequency register. I could still hear what they were going to about though. Meaning if it was a case of needing to be run-in. Or it just might have been the pioneer DAP they were on in the store. I would love to hear the 325e for real on a good source though.
Try listening to woodies for a few months without interruption then make the sudden switch to aluminum , you will most certainly hear the difference. Like i said moving from plastic to aluminum wasn't as revealing.

Jan 9, 2018 at 1:20 PM Post #37,197 of 65,604

I though $35 for the regular flat pads was a bit high.

You could try to find a pair of TTVJ pads in the classifieds here. They show up every now and then. I purchased a set a while back that was barely used for a good deal.
The ttvj deluxe pads are incredible , i use them on my RS2-e and SR-8Oe and are worth every penny , you will not be dissapointed. The normal ttvj flats i don't like as the treble and overall crispness is dulled down.

Jan 9, 2018 at 5:39 PM Post #37,198 of 65,604
The question is, how do these pads make your Grados sound? Have you ever read a positive sound quality impression from anyone about these types of pads? I haven't. In my experience with the EarZonk vinyl pads, they absolutely destroyed the Grado sound. So much so, that I listened to them for 30 seconds and sent them to another member who immediately felt the same.

I think I should have phrased my post a bit better. I was talking about the relative price of the TTVJ pads considering the materials used as they are mostly foam. The ZMF Ori Lambskin pads I was talking about are for different headphones, but I was referring to the more expensive materials used. I would definitely not use those on any Grado as it will kill the sound signature. The Ori pads are good on the Hifiman HE-400i headphones. The Ori pads would not even fit without making some plate adaptor as the opening is much larger than the Grado housing.

I highly doubt any type of leather/vinyl pad is going to sound good with any Grado. Also, there are some who have posted about waiting for the these types of pads to be delivered, but unfortunately never post their impressions?

I completely agree with this.

Save your money and buy authentic Grado cushions or TTVJ flat pads, they're well worth it. In the 5+yrs of owning my Grados, all of my original cushions are still in excellent condition.

Already have the TTVJ pads. Here's a quick pick of the standard flats on the early version SR-125. I've also used the deluxe pads on my 325e. I only use the TTVJ flats and Cumfy pads on my Grados. The L bowls just hurt my ears and I find them too bright. I actually prefer the sound of the TTVJ pads the most and I recommend them to friends. I just wish they were a bit less pricey.

IMG_1889.jpg

Jan 9, 2018 at 6:11 PM Post #37,200 of 65,604
Not sure about that. If I use my hands to cover the openings on my GS2000e, the sound becomes horrible... So, I suggest you try these before you commit your money.

Lol, @ruthieandjohn has posted this before, it’s totally satirical and meant for our amusement and not real. :o2smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back