Grado Fan Club!
Jun 21, 2016 at 4:38 AM Post #32,371 of 66,261
having had the flat pads on my RS1 (classic), i can say for sure that i love it so much more now. while it's slightly less comfortable than with the earzonk G-cush, it feels like it's even more alive than they already were. bass really bounces, treble, which at first felt a bit too much, i have now learned to appreciate, and mids, strong as always.

Sitting behind my desk, i say sitting, but i mean feet-tapping :wink:

Jun 21, 2016 at 7:16 AM Post #32,372 of 66,261
Hello guys..
Need some advice here :)
If i want to upgrade from Alessandro MS2e, which one i should choose?
Grado GH1 or Alessandro MS Pro e?
For your consider, i need some improvements in depth, looking for more dynamics, need more smooth and sweet vocals, and also need better layering than my MS2e

Thanks buddy

Jun 21, 2016 at 1:24 PM Post #32,373 of 66,261
  having had the flat pads on my RS1 (classic), i can say for sure that i love it so much more now. while it's slightly less comfortable than with the earzonk G-cush, it feels like it's even more alive than they already were. bass really bounces, treble, which at first felt a bit too much, i have now learned to appreciate, and mids, strong as always.

Sitting behind my desk, i say sitting, but i mean feet-tapping :wink:

That's good to hear. They improved my 325iS enormously as well.

Jun 21, 2016 at 1:28 PM Post #32,374 of 66,261
Hello guys..
Need some advice here
smily_headphones1.gif

For your consider, i need some improvements in depth, looking for more dynamics, need more smooth and sweet vocals, and also need better layering than my MS2e

Thanks buddy

I had the SR325iS and a beautiful older type MSPro with squared stalks and a beautiful headband: 

Comparing both, the MS-Pro beat the 325iS in everything but hard rock. And it was a lot more comfortable than the 325.

Jun 21, 2016 at 1:45 PM Post #32,375 of 66,261
Thanks @020assasins
I think i will take mspro e for my upgrade from ms2e :)

By the way @CH23
Try this combo pads for your grado
Like mine, i use S cush mix L cush
Or if you like G cush, you can use S cush mix G cush
So you can still get the comfort from G cush

Jun 21, 2016 at 5:27 PM Post #32,376 of 66,261
Don't know if its been asked but searching thru the last 50 pages I couldn't find anything on the differences between the stock Grado L and G pads versus the Earzonk ones?  The Grado pad have a three layer construction while the Earzonk is a single layer and there are some differences in sound and comfort to me so I'm curious to see if anyone else has noticed this?

Jun 21, 2016 at 7:01 PM Post #32,377 of 66,261
Don't know if its been asked but searching thru the last 50 pages I couldn't find anything on the differences between the stock Grado L and G pads versus the Earzonk ones?  The Grado pad have a three layer construction while the Earzonk is a single layer and there are some differences in sound and comfort to me so I'm curious to see if anyone else has noticed this?

The Grado G has some other treatment which makes it firmer, especially at the outer edge. Seems to make the sound more involving.

Jun 21, 2016 at 7:21 PM Post #32,378 of 66,261
Was wondering why this thread wasn't popping up on my subscriptions list… It's because I had accidentally unsubscribed! I love coming back here to catch up on what everybody's been doing! I myself am overhauling my rig!

Coincidentally, I'm looking for a nice condition PS 1000, non-e version. Anybody out there selling or interested in trading for a woo WA6SE?

Jun 21, 2016 at 7:48 PM Post #32,379 of 66,261
The Grado G has some other treatment which makes it firmer, especially at the outer edge. Seems to make the sound more involving.

Does the treatment that makes it firmer also make it less porous?

I only have the L pads in both original Grado and Earzonk to compare at this time, the top and mounting edge is a denser foam compared to the middle section which seems to be about the same as the Earzonk pad single density construction.  So you are saying that the G pads are constructed like the L pads where its done in 3 layers?

Jun 21, 2016 at 7:53 PM Post #32,380 of 66,261

I only have the L pads in both original Grado and Earzonk to compare at this time, the top and mounting edge is a denser foam compared to the middle section which seems to be about the same as the Earzonk pad single density construction.  So you are saying that the G pads are constructed like the L pads where its done in 3 layers?

You are most likely exceeding my technical understanding of Grado G cushions but what you're saying does make sense but I would defer to the more expert Grado lovers in this thread.

Jun 21, 2016 at 8:14 PM Post #32,381 of 66,261

You are most likely exceeding my technical understanding of Grado G cushions but what you're saying does make sense but I would defer to the more expert Grado lovers in this thread.

Thanks for taking the time, hope other more experienced persons can help.

Jun 21, 2016 at 8:24 PM Post #32,382 of 66,261
Was wondering why this thread wasn't popping up on my subscriptions list… It's because I had accidentally unsubscribed! I love coming back here to catch up on what everybody's been doing! I myself am overhauling my rig!

Coincidentally, I'm looking for a nice condition PS 1000, non-e version. Anybody out there selling or interested in trading for a woo WA6SE?

always a moving and a shaking eh joe ? well i don't have much room to talk, my rs2 isn't my rs2 anymore, it's heading to australia tomorrow

Jun 21, 2016 at 10:26 PM Post #32,384 of 66,261
Hello guys..
Need some advice here
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks buddy

http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/

Go for the GH1 or the RS2e instead. If you can find the previous generation MS Pro, go for it. Don't bother with the MS Pro e.

Jun 21, 2016 at 10:29 PM Post #32,385 of 66,261

I will not delve into how they're constructed but the stock makes the sound more involving like @Audio Addict  said while the EZ result in more bass but drier mids and drier trebles. The effect is quite similar to when you mod-tape the L cushs. So after all it depends on your taste but don't expect the sound to remain the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back