Grado Fan Club!
Apr 10, 2016 at 9:50 AM Post #31,561 of 66,276

Does anybody know if the cables on the older RS1 headphones are longer than the cables on the RS1i.
The cables seem longer on my pair now.......like maybe 7 ft.
I do not remember my RS1i being this long, but it has been awhile since I have owned them.....might just be my imagination playing tricks on me
size]

I do believe the older Grados had longer cables on them…my RS1i is no way 7'.

Some more Grado delicacies..... for the fans and hello to everyone been so busy with work haven't even had time to read these forums..nice to be back
smily_headphones1.gif

PS - Always love Grado Photography
smily_headphones1.gif

PS2 - What's the latest with Grado any new models planned for this year Grado GH2>>?

Nothing new that I've heard of or has been posted.

Thanks Joseph, I was not imagining it then.....mine are 6 1/2  to 7 feet.....I was thinking my RS1i was maybe 5 feet.

Apr 10, 2016 at 10:52 AM Post #31,563 of 66,276
  No it has a "brick" power supply! It has smooth regulation but made an annoying external noise.
I would only look for buying the Joseph Grado psu only cause i'm curius what's inside.

personally i have the idea that the Joseph Grado products are of higher quality than the grado labs products.

(not to say that the Grado Labs stuff is crap, but stuff like the plastic rodblocks and so show a difference)

got any pics of the "brick"?

Apr 10, 2016 at 11:33 AM Post #31,564 of 66,276

personally i have the idea that the Joseph Grado products are of higher quality than the grado labs products.

(not to say that the Grado Labs stuff is crap, but stuff like the plastic rodblocks and so show a difference)

got any pics of the "brick"?

Sure they are better quality and more sophisticated that john's era but on the joseph's power supply i think you pay more for the cable!

The psu i had is the 3rd of this post :http://www.head-fi.org/t/647205/grado-hpa-1-gs1000i/30#post_12300630

Apr 10, 2016 at 11:35 AM Post #31,565 of 66,276
Just bought myself a pair of SR225e's for £75!, should be here by Wednesday, can't wait to try them, have been an AKG man for over ten years, currently I own the AKA K612 Pro's, will be interesting to see how they differ, I like open cans and the older I get the more I'm really appreciating mid range frequencies. 

Apr 10, 2016 at 12:10 PM Post #31,567 of 66,276
Does anybody know if the cables on the older RS1 headphones are longer than the cables on the RS1i.

The cables seem longer on my pair now.......like maybe 7 ft.

I do not remember my RS1i being this long, but it has been awhile since I have owned them.....might just be my imagination playing tricks on me :p
yes'sir the older Rs1's have the longer thinner cable then (most) of the rs1i. Early rs1i still had the longer thinner cable from the older rs1 models if I remember correctly.

Apr 10, 2016 at 7:49 PM Post #31,568 of 66,276
  I would like to order one of those Grado RCA cables, but I have a problem. I admit that computers are not my forte, but that link brings me to what looks like a German website. This may surprise you, but German is not my forte either.  
blink.gif

Help me....please!

i can tell that German isn't your strongest point from the fact that you think Dutch is German :wink:

i think the best thing you could do is to email them, asking if they ship to [your country], if the cost would be ridiculous high, and that you need some guidance in paying (most dutch people know their english quite well so i have no doubt that they'll assist you very well)

info {at} radiowinkel [dot] com

as for the text on the page itself, here's google translate:
https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?act=url&depth=1&hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://www.radiowinkel.com/a-14982591/grado-accessoires/grado-signature-interconnect/&usg=ALkJrhgOAyPYJTe-EZoav4erWVBqdT8Z5w

If you read my post carefully, you'll see that I've said ''....what looks like a German website'', I said ''looks like'',  because I wasn't 100% sure it was German.
wink.gif

Depending how much the total cost will be, I might order a 2 meter cable. Hmmm! wait a second, this means that I'm going to have an all Grado chain here, a Grado cartridge, a Grado amp, a Grado cable, and Grado headphones.

John, I command you, in the name of Vader, to leave Stacker45's body at once....AT ONCE, I SAY!
biggrin.gif

Apr 10, 2016 at 7:57 PM Post #31,569 of 66,276

If you read my post carefully, you'll see that I've said ''....what looks like a German website'', I said ''looks like'',  because I wasn't 100% sure it was German.
wink.gif

Depending how much the total cost will be, I might order a 2 meter cable. Hmmm! wait a second, this means that I'm going to have an all Grado chain here, a Grado cartridge, a Grado amp, a Grado cable, and Grado headphones.

John, I command you, in the name of Vader, to leave Stacker45's body at once....AT ONCE, I SAY!
biggrin.gif

If these cables are sold in other countries, why doesn't Grado sell them here?

Apr 10, 2016 at 8:01 PM Post #31,570 of 66,276
Damn Canadian ''Monopoly'' money! it would cost me close to $300 CDN for the Grado 2 meter RCA cable.
eek.gif

Apr 10, 2016 at 8:04 PM Post #31,571 of 66,276
  If these cables are sold in other countries, why doesn't Grado sell them here?

Yeah, that's a very good question, worst case, TTVJ could sell them.                                                                                                                                         

Apr 10, 2016 at 10:10 PM Post #31,572 of 66,276

I would like to order one of those Grado RCA cables, but I have a problem. I admit that computers are not my forte, but that link brings me to what looks like a German website. This may surprise you, but German is not my forte either.  :blink:

Help me....please!

i can tell that German isn't your strongest point from the fact that you think Dutch is German :wink:

i think the best thing you could do is to email them, asking if they ship to [your country], if the cost would be ridiculous high, and that you need some guidance in paying (most dutch people know their english quite well so i have no doubt that they'll assist you very well)

info {at} radiowinkel [dot] com

as for the text on the page itself, here's google translate:

If you read my post carefully, you'll see that I've said ''....what looks like a German website'', I said ''looks like'',  because I wasn't 100% sure it was German. :wink:

John, I command you, in the name of Vader, to leave Stacker45's body at once....AT ONCE, I SAY! :D    

:D :D

I believe you! John is the greatest Jedi in the galaxy, he is one with the force! :p

Apr 10, 2016 at 10:24 PM Post #31,573 of 66,276
Apr 10, 2016 at 10:30 PM Post #31,574 of 66,276
  Yeah, that's a very good question, worst case, TTVJ could sell them.                                                                                                                                         

Shouldn't one be able to get them from Grado?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back