Grado Fan Club!
Apr 6, 2016 at 9:19 AM Post #31,441 of 65,638

Haha, yep it was the iGi that I was thinking about. http://www.whathifi.com/grado/igi/review

I wonder if they make eGi or iGe now, or neither. I would be happy to go with the What Hi-Fi review. Maybe I should take a punt. I really could use something better.

1. The idea of the eGrado would be really good. There is something about SR60 drivers, that they use. I like to be able to hear around me when near roads etc.

1. Isolation with IEM's would be good too though because I do use public transport. There is the rule that you should never turn up your earphones over noise around you. Meaning if it's noisy around you, anything louder would damage your ears. 

How do I decide?

there IS already iGe:

http://www.4ourears.net/iGe_p/4e-ige.htm

but cant find any detailed reviews about them :frowning2:

Apr 6, 2016 at 2:17 PM Post #31,450 of 65,638
I don't know what you mean by "sound wise only" and I can't comment on the RA-1 being I've never heard it. From what I understand it is basically a C-Moy in a nice wooden box.
yep that cmoy in wooden box is what I heard as well. But I don't care at all.Just want to know how much it improves.

Apr 6, 2016 at 2:22 PM Post #31,451 of 65,638
Apr 6, 2016 at 2:23 PM Post #31,452 of 65,638
I for one love my Garage 1217 Project Ember II. Got some tube rolling madness a couple of months back though. The sheer options are staggering since you can roll so many different types.

I've slowed down on the tube rolling now. Just enjoying my GH-1 with a few fav tubes.
cool.gif

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

i've got quite a few tubes lying around here myself 

Apr 6, 2016 at 2:57 PM Post #31,454 of 65,638
  I've never heard either your ef2a/RA-1…but I know the C-Moy in the tin box is much less expensive than the RA-1.

depends where you buy from, i got my RA-1 for wayy less than they cost new, and less than a CMOY.

having said this, i think i can say without the guilt of having paid a crapload of money for something, that the RA-1 sounds very nice with the RS-1 (and RS-2)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back