Grado Fan Club!
Jan 5, 2016 at 7:58 AM Post #29,896 of 65,607
Reading these posts have somewhat discouraged me from a Grado. On the one hand it's a testament to the quality of the sound that people are sticking by them despite the ear pain issues but it also makes me wonder why a company with such a great reputation doesn't invest more in tweaking ergonomics and comfort. I've been really curious about the 325e too. I guess the only way to know is to order them and give it a shot.

I've never had an issue with comfort in Grados once the headband is stretched out. Most (not all) people who find them very uncomfortable never stretched the headband out enough.

Jan 5, 2016 at 8:02 AM Post #29,897 of 65,607
Reading these posts have somewhat discouraged me from a Grado. On the one hand it's a testament to the quality of the sound that people are sticking by them despite the ear pain issues but it also makes me wonder why a company with such a great reputation doesn't invest more in tweaking ergonomics and comfort. I've been really curious about the 325e too. I guess the only way to know is to order them and give it a shot.

again, i have a pretty large head, and grado's are among the most comfortable i've ever had, now, the very first time i put one one, being on ear, it took some getting used to
but with the stretching, i can make the clamp as light as i like, that's just my experience

Jan 5, 2016 at 8:30 AM Post #29,898 of 65,607
It's also a matter of adjusting where they sit on your ear. Didn't someone have pictures of recommended ways to fit them on your ear, about a year ago? Jay- do you remember that?

Jan 5, 2016 at 8:54 AM Post #29,899 of 65,607
  Thanks, just bought them on amazon right now. The RS2e put so much pressure on my ears lol. Hopefully the cushions make a big difference because I just can't stop listening to them lol.

I'm also felt some pain along the "outer ear skeleton", and top of the ear ?? (not sure the proper scientific terms), can definitely see them getting red after an hour of usage.

Not sure if I'm just paranoid here but are the L-cush suppose to engulf the ears? My ears are smaller than the L-cush and many times, I feel like I'm wearing an over-ear but with smaller cups.

Same, I've these throbbing pain on the top of ear at night when I'm sleeping (No, I'm not wearing them to sleep lol)!

I bought the 225e brand new. I experienced comfort and pain, found out why, and since then only comfort. No cost or work needed. I made a thread about it.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/754373/grado-l-cushion-comfort-for-sr225-ps500#post_11345196

Jan 5, 2016 at 9:09 AM Post #29,900 of 65,607

Don't be discourage by these issues. I'm sure they will all go away once the headphone is accustomed to the head shape.

Jan 5, 2016 at 9:11 AM Post #29,901 of 65,607

I stretched the headphones over a brown box last night and I'm gonna check on it when I get home from work. I noticed that I have red spots near the top of my ear and it looks like I have a small scab on my left ear where the red mark is. The last two days I've been feeling a throbbing pain where those red marks are on my ear if I wear the headphones for more than 15 minutes

Same, I've these throbbing pain on the top of ear at night when I'm sleeping (No, I'm not wearing them to sleep lol)!

The spring steel needs to be pulled horizontally apart with by hand.
Don't be afraid to do this just use caution/common sense while do this.
Also try owe ring the high adjustment of the drivers…it sounds like you may be wearing them too high on your ears. 
The tops of my ears do not touch the (L) cushions at all, and I can literally wear them for 5hrs without issue, but after 5hrs its time for bed.

Jan 5, 2016 at 9:14 AM Post #29,902 of 65,607
  Don't be discourage by these issues. I'm sure they will all go away once the headphone is accustomed to the head shape.

+1000
And you adjust the headband correctly so the drivers are just hanging over your ears. Remember, the pads are foam, so there is no need for a good seal which your never going to get anyway…so relieve the clamping pressure from your ears.

Jan 5, 2016 at 9:19 AM Post #29,903 of 65,607
It's also a matter of adjusting where they sit on your ear. Didn't someone have pictures of recommended ways to fit them on your ear, about a year ago? Jay- do you remember that?

Yes there was, but if it the same person/photos I'm thinking of, the person had the drivers so far forward on their head that they were closer to their eyes than their ears. 

Jan 5, 2016 at 9:27 AM Post #29,904 of 65,607

Yes there was, but if it the same person/photos I'm thinking of, the person had the drivers so far forward on their head that they were closer to their eyes than their ears. 

Ha! I actually wear mine pretty far back now.

Jan 5, 2016 at 9:58 AM Post #29,905 of 65,607
Ha! I actually wear mine pretty far back now.

there's some argument that placing them further forward helps with soundstage, but I've never particularly cared for wearing them that way, as it just feels so awkward it's distracting.

Jan 5, 2016 at 10:20 AM Post #29,906 of 65,607

You can always mode your Grado, from headbands to cups and free to recable

Jan 5, 2016 at 11:27 AM Post #29,908 of 65,607

this ?

200x200px-ZC-556bf9e9_gradowear1.jpeg

200x200px-ZC-cf1a8ed9_gradowear2.jpeg

200x200px-ZC-42a75ccd_gradowear3.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back