Grado Fan Club!
Jan 4, 2016 at 10:26 PM Post #29,881 of 65,714
What other earpads work with the RS2e? My ears literally feel like they are swollen anytime i wear the headphones now after having them for 2 weeks.

Jan 4, 2016 at 10:27 PM Post #29,882 of 65,714
  It's funny because I sold my pair of 225e a couple of weeks ago and guess what I did today...I bought a brand new pair of 225e 
redface.gif

Quote:
Originally posted by Joseph69
I lost track of how many times I sold HP's and bought them again.
I just did it with both the Stax 007/009…I'm a moron and I never learn!
Enjoy them

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bought these on multiple occasions and no longer own any of them :

HD800 - 3x

K702 - 2x

Shure SRH1450 - 2x

T1 - 2x

Bought these and sold them & bought them again :

HD650 2x*

HD600 3x*

* Kept the last pair & have owned them for more than a year

Guess I'm a moron also and never learn .... or .... it's an compulsive/obsession

Jan 4, 2016 at 10:34 PM Post #29,884 of 65,714
  What other earpads work with the RS2e? My ears literally feel like they are swollen anytime i wear the headphones now after having them for 2 weeks.

Maybe the G-cushion ones ?  I use them with my PS500e & SR325e = quite comfortable & they convert the HP from and "on ear" to an "over ear" which I've personally always preferred.

Jan 4, 2016 at 10:38 PM Post #29,885 of 65,714

Maybe the G-cushion ones ?  I use them with my PS500e & SR325e = quite comfortable & they convert the HP from and "on ear" to an "over ear" which I've personally always preferred.

Thanks, just bought them on amazon right now. The RS2e put so much pressure on my ears lol. Hopefully the cushions make a big difference because I just can't stop listening to them lol.

Jan 4, 2016 at 10:38 PM Post #29,886 of 65,714
Have you tried washing the RS2e pads in warm soapy water, rinae them out throughly and then squeeze as much water as you can out? I find this vastly improves the L-Cush pads.

Also try stretching your headband out.

Jan 4, 2016 at 10:43 PM Post #29,887 of 65,714

Thanks, just bought them on amazon right now. The RS2e put so much pressure on my ears lol. Hopefully the cushions make a big difference because I just can't stop listening to them lol.

I've never owned the RS2e but owned the RS1e for a while and tried them w/G-cush which turned out the same as w/ PS500e & SR325e = quite comfortable.  Therefore I think you'll like the G-cush w/ RS2e and it may even create an expansion in the soundstage although somewhat minor (based not on personal experience but from reading other posts on different Grado threads.)

Jan 4, 2016 at 10:50 PM Post #29,888 of 65,714

First adjust the headband so there's not so much clamping force by pulling the headband apart from (above the rod blocks) slowly into a horizontal position a little at a time and holding them in that position for about 5-10 seconds and repeat as needed. You should be fine after doing this as needed. Your dealing with spring steel in the headband, so it is going to want to return to its original shape which is why you need to do it several times until the clamping force is comfortable for you. You just want the drivers resting on your ears. The headband should look close to a U shape afterwards.

If you want other cushions, all Grado cushions will fit:
(S) which comes with the SR60-125
(L) which comes with the SR-325-GH-1 (which you have)
(G) which comes with the GS/PS-1000
TTVJ flat pads also fit any Grado

Jan 4, 2016 at 11:13 PM Post #29,889 of 65,714
I'm also felt some pain along the "outer ear skeleton", and top of the ear ?? (not sure the proper scientific terms), can definitely see them getting red after an hour of usage.

Not sure if I'm just paranoid here but are the L-cush suppose to engulf the ears? My ears are smaller than the L-cush and many times, I feel like I'm wearing an over-ear but with smaller cups.

Jan 4, 2016 at 11:26 PM Post #29,890 of 65,714
Have you tried washing the RS2e pads in warm soapy water, rinae them out throughly and then squeeze as much water as you can out? I find this vastly improves the L-Cush pads.

Also try stretching your headband out.

Good advice right here. I've personally never done it (wash them), but I've bought a couple of Grados that were used and the previous owner had done so. At first I thought the pads were worn out, but then notice it wasn't actual wear but they were VERY soft and comfy. The sound does change a bit, but it works better on certain Grados IMO, like on the classic Rs1 with buttons. Would probably work better than the G-cush on the Rs2e for my taste.

Also stretching the headband as mention above helps tremendously and is advised by Grado themselves.

Jan 5, 2016 at 6:35 AM Post #29,891 of 65,714
just scored an 80e, they just might get woodied , 

Jan 5, 2016 at 7:13 AM Post #29,892 of 65,714
First adjust the headband so there's not so much clamping force by pulling the headband apart from (above the rod blocks) slowly into a horizontal position a little at a time and holding them in that position for about 5-10 seconds and repeat as needed. You should be fine after doing this as needed. Your dealing with spring steel in the headband, so it is going to want to return to its original shape which is why you need to do it several times until the clamping force is comfortable for you. You just want the drivers resting on your ears. The headband should look close to aU shape afterwards.

If you want other cushions, all Grado cushions will fit:
(S) which comes with the SR60-125
(L) which comes with the SR-325-GH-1 (which you have)
(G) which comes with the GS/PS-1000
TTVJ flat pads also fit any Grado

I'm also felt some pain along the "outer ear skeleton", and top of the ear ?? (not sure the proper scientific terms), can definitely see them getting red after an hour of usage.

Not sure if I'm just paranoid here but are the L-cush suppose to engulf the ears? My ears are smaller than the L-cush and many times, I feel like I'm wearing an over-ear but with smaller cups.

I stretched the headphones over a brown box last night and I'm gonna check on it when I get home from work. I noticed that I have red spots near the top of my ear and it looks like I have a small scab on my left ear where the red mark is. The last two days I've been feeling a throbbing pain where those red marks are on my ear if I wear the headphones for more than 15 minutes

Jan 5, 2016 at 7:21 AM Post #29,893 of 65,714
I stretched the headphones over a brown box last night and I'm gonna check on it when I get home from work. I noticed that I have red spots near the top of my ear and it looks like I have a small scab on my left ear where the red mark is. The last two days I've been feeling a throbbing pain where those red marks are on my ear if I wear the headphones for more than 15 minutes

gently pulling, and stretching as joseph suggest won't hurt them, i have a large head, LARGE, and i'm able to wear grado's comfortably 

Jan 5, 2016 at 7:26 AM Post #29,894 of 65,714

Same, I've these throbbing pain on the top of ear at night when I'm sleeping (No, I'm not wearing them to sleep lol)!

Jan 5, 2016 at 7:50 AM Post #29,895 of 65,714
Reading these posts have somewhat discouraged me from a Grado. On the one hand it's a testament to the quality of the sound that people are sticking by them despite the ear pain issues but it also makes me wonder why a company with such a great reputation doesn't invest more in tweaking ergonomics and comfort. I've been really curious about the 325e too. I guess the only way to know is to order them and give it a shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back