Grado Fan Club!
Aug 19, 2015 at 1:07 AM Post #27,513 of 65,649
Yes, sorry, I thought I corrected my lack if punctuation before posting.

No need to be sorry, just wasn't sure. 
beerchug.gif

Aug 19, 2015 at 1:46 AM Post #27,514 of 65,649
No need to be sorry, just wasn't sure. 
:beerchug:

Ooorrrrrrrrrr,
Hypothetically, Because so few ppl use punctuation nowadays that from the day I first bought these, through the many posts I've looked at I have always wondered if ppl are saying they are 325is or pluralizing the i, and figured it's safer not to use the comma as If I were to be called out I could say 'oh yea, typo, my bad' and save face. This...all being oppossed to just asking... because, again, one must save face when one is a blowhard that pretends he knows what he's doing while stumbling through life.
If this hypothetical situation were all true, obviously the person would thank someone like yourself that solved the riddle for him. I know I would. Actually I would say my gratitude eloquently in a foreign language.

Grassy-Assss, joseph

That's how they thank ppl in the faraway land of mexico. To be more accurate, they'd call you grassy-assss Jose

Aug 19, 2015 at 1:59 AM Post #27,515 of 65,649
Ooorrrrrrrrrr,
Hypothetically, Because so few ppl use punctuation nowadays that from the day I first bought these, through the many posts I've looked at I have always wondered if ppl are saying they are 325is or pluralizing the i, and figured it's safer not to use the comma as If I were to be called out I could say 'oh yea, typo, my bad' and save face. This...all being oppossed to just asking... because, again, one must save face when one is a blowhard that pretends he knows what he's doing while stumbling through life.
If this hypothetical situation were all true, obviously the person would thank someone like yourself that solved the riddle for him. I know I would. Actually I would say my gratitude eloquently in a foreign language.

Grassy-Assss, joseph

That's how they thank ppl in the faraway land of mexico. To be more accurate, they'd call you grassy-assss Jose

No, its gracias, not grassy ass. 
biggrin.gif

And, bienvenido/de nada.
beerchug.gif

Aug 19, 2015 at 2:11 AM Post #27,517 of 65,649
ah! Don joseph69, su espaniol es muy bueno! Salud amigo!:beerchug:  

:D

Yes I do have a pair of headphones.
El headphonos DE grado.
I learned to Habla me some Español while in prison there over a donkey theft misunderstanding.

There. Now all the uneducated in this forum know what you were saying in the above post. Not to sound elitist but we should feel proudo that we are so el smarto

Aug 19, 2015 at 2:21 AM Post #27,518 of 65,649

ah! Don joseph69, su espaniol es muy bueno! Salud amigo!
beerchug.gif

biggrin.gif

Yes I do have a pair of headphones.
El headphonos DE grado.
I learned to Habla me some Español while in prison there over a donkey theft misunderstanding.

There. Now all the uneducated in this forum know what you were saying in the above post. Not to sound elitist but we should feel proudo that we are so el smarto

I don't know about the Grados Heads, but the Schiit heads sure are!! 
biggrin.gif

Aug 19, 2015 at 7:54 AM Post #27,520 of 65,649
Hey all,

Discovered something interesting overnight.
My HF2's have one punched hole in each driver located on the 5th hole there are a total of 10. My RS series do not have any punched holes.
It's easy to see it if you get a phone camera flash light, shine it through driver side and carefully look for a transparent clear hole. Most of the others will have a black felt visible if you look closely.

I know the vent is to make more bass and the "e" series has 2 vented holes on all drivers- adjacent to solder joint board.  Can someone plz confirm also if the GS1000e and PS1000e and RS1e also have these two vents as these have the 50mm newer drivers.

Thnx
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 19, 2015 at 8:33 AM Post #27,521 of 65,649
ah! Don joseph69, su espaniol es muy bueno! Salud amigo!
size]

biggrin.gif

I googled it. 
eek.gif

biggrin.gif

I know the vent is to make more bass and the "e" series has 2 vented holes on all drivers- adjacent to solder joint board.  Can someone plz confirm also if the GS1000e and PS1000e and RS1e also have these two vents as these have the 50mm newer drivers.

The GH-1 is an (e) series driver, but with 4-holes.

Aug 19, 2015 at 9:25 AM Post #27,522 of 65,649
Hey all,

Discovered something interesting overnight.
My HF2's have one punched hole in each driver located on the 5th hole there are a total of 10. My RS series do not have any punched holes.
It's easy to see it if you get a phone camera flash light, shine it through driver side and carefully look for a transparent clear hole. Most of the others will have a black felt visible if you look closely.

Thnx
:)
my Gs1ke has four holes. Four huge holes in comparison to the smaller drivers. On the smaller e series drivers the holes are on part of the circuit board next to the soldering joints where the cable is. On the larger 50mm drivers, two of the holes are also there next to the cable joints , but they don't appear to be part of the circuit board. They are just on the felt like the old drivers use to be.

Aug 19, 2015 at 10:19 AM Post #27,523 of 65,649
Ooorrrrrrrrrr,
Hypothetically, Because so few ppl use punctuation nowadays that from the day I first bought these, through the many posts I've looked at I have always wondered if ppl are saying they are 325is or pluralizing the i, and figured it's safer not to use the comma

Totally agree with you on this being confusing.

I keep it simple and say my headphones are (a pair of) Grado SR225e.

No need to call them 225es or 225e's. Neither would really be correct in this case. Adding an 's' would suggest a change in their name, moniker, denotation. Yet it is correct. An apostrophe would make them a subject which had a possesion. E.g. like my Grado's carry case.

I think my favourite example of giving them plural meaning is on this review. The Grado 325is are called SR325ises. (A bit like chaps and chapesses, hahaha.) Link here http://www.whathifi.com/grado/sr325e/review

Aug 19, 2015 at 11:08 AM Post #27,524 of 65,649

Any thoughts on the price/value of this RS-1i on eBay? 
http://www.ebay.com/itm/131575418266?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I was going to post these for you since you've been looking. I knew you had seen them, but I also don't know why you haven't bought them, or at least contacted the seller to make an offer?

Checked it out just now and its gone. Patience...maybe a Classic will surface eventually.

Aug 19, 2015 at 11:22 AM Post #27,525 of 65,649
I have that pair of gold sr325i's and I can't put my finger on why exactly, but the sr125 sounds better to me, maybe it's because the 325 shape doesn't sit well on my head. Anyway, I have no other 325 model to compare it to, but if you've never used the gold 325i's I can lend them to you when I come to Ann Arbor for that thing I gotta do; or I could mail them to you and pick em up when I come up there, though I don't have a date scheduled yet, I think I should expect it to be about 60 days which would give you plenty of time to disect them, and if it's sooner, you can just mail em back. I feel guilty at how little I have used them but I had a beatles overdose and had to switch over to a liquid diet and McCartney's solo work till I got some songs out if my head. Word of advice though, avoid "yeah yeah yeahs" because I used them to listen to the "is is" ep and and pretty sure I have a brain tumor now from karen o.'s squeel.

I'm sorry John, I'm not just new to head fi, but to forums period. I misread worms drivers words as yours, and thought you were saying you hadn't tried the newer 325 models.
Ignore.

Thanks, but I have the gold SR325i.  I also have the more recent SR325is, which in my case is shiny chrome (most of them are the satin chrome).  I also have the most recent 325e.

But I don't have the grandfather of all, the SR325.  Since as the SR325 line evolved, it became less treble and more bass, I was wondering whether the original 325, at the start of this journey, was more treble-rich than the SR325i.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back