Grado Fan Club!
Jun 11, 2015 at 1:15 PM Post #25,547 of 65,637
Looks delicious.  Serve it up!

Jun 11, 2015 at 1:23 PM Post #25,548 of 65,637
  My High School Yearbook description "about me" is that I looked like a young Tom Cruise.
So I'm sure I can charm the Grado people when I meet them face-to-face. I have confidence in that.

confused_face(1).gif

All wonderful interactions with Grado, all by email.Quote:

I had great email exchanges with the Grado people...  

+1000

Jun 11, 2015 at 1:26 PM Post #25,549 of 65,637
anyone here own rs1 and gs1000 at the same time. i cant decided which one to buy since i got into grado from sr60 love it. next one i got the sr325i loved it too. so now i hear sr325i is consider "rs3" of the line. give a call to grado and they say gs1000 make you feel like at the center of the stage.sound a little far. not much of in your face kinda sound. also so user have said that gs1000 take a long time to break it. will change alot in sound. anyone have experience with any one them?

Jun 11, 2015 at 2:17 PM Post #25,550 of 65,637
Thanks to everybody who've answered... good to know that what happened to me was an isolated incident. And that in normal situation I could've got a great response.

The second time I e-mailed Grado was after I had e-mailed and received no reply from V2point0, the APAC Regional Distributor, about the possibility of fixing my old sr60. So then I e-mailed Grado explaining the situation, that I received no reply from V2point0 and would like to get my sr60 fixed.

Grado replied with the address of the APAC Regional Distributor (V2point0). Without any Hi, Regards, or any other sentences in between, just the address. At that point, I was partially assuming that the person that replied to the e-mail didn't even read what I've wrote.

The third time I e-mailed was about the 325e storage, and their answer was exactly the same, APAC distributor address copy-pasted.

From there I assumed that they might not entertained any international e-mails as an internal policy, maybe in order to protect their select Regional Distributors very tightly? And that's probably why Grado is directing business to these distributors without even bother answering whatsoever.

But if that policy assumption was not true. I mean if any and all people-including those who lives outside North America-that were awestruck by Grado and express their enthusiasm via regular e-mails was met mostly with open arms, then I would be really glad. Obviously some people will fell through the crack, like what I got on my first e-mail but I'm really glad if there was indeed a net of great response and line of communication between Grado and it's costumers...

Jun 11, 2015 at 2:46 PM Post #25,551 of 65,637

anyone here own rs1 and gs1000 at the same time. i cant decided which one to buy since i got into grado from sr60 love it. next one i got the sr325i loved it too. so now i hear sr325i is consider "rs3" of the line. give a call to grado and they say gs1000 make you feel like at the center of the stage.sound a little far. not much of in your face kinda sound. also so user have said that gs1000 take a long time to break it. will change alot in sound. anyone have experience with any one them?

I have both.  I like both, but I prefer the RS1 (I take it you mean the now-no-longer-made RS1, rather than the RS1i (also no longer made but available used) or the RS1e (now in production).

The GS1000e (which is the current version of the GS1000) has great sound stage, great comfort with its over-ear pads (RS1 is on ear), and is really light.  The RS1 is nice and bright, more so than the GS1000, giving you the most "you are there with the musicians" feeling.

I compared my RS1, PS1000, and GS1000 recently and found I liked them in that order... RS1 best.  However, my GS1000e had only 20 hours of use, and at least one reviewer has said its sound changes in just 30 hours. Here are several posts that describe my comparison.  SennHE 800 / Grado PS1000 / RS1i  and  RS1 / RS1i / RS2i   and   PS1000 / GS1000 / HP1000

Jun 11, 2015 at 4:16 PM Post #25,552 of 65,637
  It wasn't Grado I contacted, it was Overture Audio I contacted by telephone, who then contacted Grado and relayed the info too me by telephone. I must say, I have contacted Grado plenty of times in the past by e-mail and they have been nothing but a pleasure to deal with . They responded to my e-mails very promptly and were very courteous…they even let me come to the factory in Brooklyn once to pick up a pair of (G) cushions…so maybe they just don't like you…totally joking.
biggrin.gif

size]

I'm not thrilled with Schiit's response's…at all!
I feel like they think their Schiit doesn't stink, which makes me not want too do business with them, and I haven't since this experience, and most probably never will…and I'm a New Yorker also.

Yeah but.... boy does the GS1000e sound nice on my Lyr2... 
gs1000.gif

When I first started getting back into audio gear a year ago (I have an old pair of SR80's that held me over nicely for 15 years), I was shocked and pleasantly surprised that the industry grew the way it has, and in spite of that, people could actually interact with these companies via this forum and plain old email. 
Any response I get from these companies still makes me feel warm and fuzzy. :wink: Even if they're a bit short with me... Hell, its taught me to make sure I only ask ONE question in a given email, and to get to the point. When it comes to email, and you're dealing with a lean company like the companies we all patronize... I don't really expect much, but am pleasantly surprised when I get great service (which I have from both Grado and Schiit). I know (trust me, I know... I work in sales) great service should be expected and not the exception to the rule but... for whatever reason I feel compelled to give these companies a bit more slack then I ordinarily would. I mean, Schiit's schiit don't stink.
rolleyes.gif

Jun 11, 2015 at 4:33 PM Post #25,553 of 65,637

Glenn is making me an amp..kind of a tube rollers dream amp so to speak, it will be an OTL.

I would love to hit that Nashville meet....Jay asked me once and I would love to meet some of you guys....but Nashville is just a bit too long of a drive for me.

What tubes is Glenn building it around, sounds uber cool!!!

Are you going to add an HD800 to the stable?

It will use a couple of damper diode tubes and that will serve as my rectifier.....power tubes can be 6AS7....6080.... if you use  the 5998 tubes as power tubes you can run them at a stronger current on the plates of the tube, by flipping a switch, this is because the 5998 can accept more than most 6AS7 tubes, so Glenn provides this as an option. Most amps just run these at same current as all 6AS7 tubes

The driver tube will be a 6/12/25 SN7....again a flip of a switch to the proper voltage for the proper tubes....he provides this option if wanted also....a 25SN7 tubes sounds just like a 6SN7 tube, you just have to run it at 25 volts, which most amps do not do....the tubes cost a fraction of the cost of 6SN7 tubes, because most people can not use them, they are cheap  
smile.gif

Then there are more tubes that I can even mention that you can use as drivers with a simple adapter.

I also got the upgrade that Glenn provides so that you can use 6336 tubes , again by the flip of a switch.. those are just for low impedence cans, like Grados....anything under 100 ohm impedence I believe

It truely is going to be my dream amp.

I have the HD800 , and for the most part, that is what the amp was built around.....I can't wait to try my Grado with it also....should be interesting.

Jun 11, 2015 at 4:34 PM Post #25,554 of 65,637

I own both, the GS1000 and the RS1, but before I answer you, I just want to make sure that you are really talking about the first generation here, and not the ''i'', or ''e''.

Jun 11, 2015 at 4:43 PM Post #25,555 of 65,637

You could always move on.
regular_smile%20.gif

I could, but that would mean that I've stopped caring, and I still do.

I have two questions for you, did you take time to think, before writing this comment, and if so, why did you write it anyway.
rolleyes.gif

Jun 11, 2015 at 5:22 PM Post #25,557 of 65,637

You could always move on.
regular_smile%20.gif

I could, but that would mean that I've stopped caring, and I still do.

I have two questions for you, did you take time to think, before writing this comment, and if so, why did you write it anyway.
rolleyes.gif

You seem to be terribly unhappy with Grado's responses to your inquiries.  Is this correct?  I wonder why you would torture yourself with this unhappiness?  

The problem of communication with Grado doesn't seem to be solvable.  Their responses are inconsistent, it's apparently the way they are, depending on who the person responding is and what mood she or he happens to be in.  My sense of the Grado company is that it's a small enterprise and very busy.  I'm guessing they prefer not to hire a full-time person with people skills who's knowedgable about their products, amps/headphones/cartridges, to solely answer phone call and email questions all day long.

Perhaps another headphone manufacturer would be more available for questions and respond in a way you deem acceptable.

In my own humble and personal opinion, I'm under the impression that you are
deadhorse.gif
 , which is why I responded the way I did.  No offense intended.  

Jun 11, 2015 at 5:25 PM Post #25,558 of 65,637

I haven't heard an rs1 but moving from my rs2e to gs1000(original) was very anxiety producing because of what had been said about the gs1000 online. maybe it's because i'm a newbie when it comes to this level of listening (and grados in general) but once I got those gs1ks on my head.... lets see you try and take em off me! They do everything I ever wanted my dt990s or my rs2es to do. With my littledot3, the mids I learned to love from the rs2es are there, the highs are crisper than crispy, and the soundstage and bass I loved from my dt990s is comparatively laughable. I will say the weirdest thing about the gs1ks is that it really sounds like you are listening to the recording, you hear every little click, clap, whisper, and artifact of the recording in the music. it bugged me at first, now i love it.

Jun 11, 2015 at 5:36 PM Post #25,559 of 65,637
Yeah but.... boy does the GS1000e sound nice on my Lyr2... 
size]
 I mean, Schiit's schiit don't stink.
size]

I had the Lyr and had the Bitfrost Uber, and as I said, I have the M/M combo and totally agree that their products are nice!
It was just their PR I wasn't thrilled with at all…otherwise I do like their products. The only reason I returned the Bitfrost Uber was because the muting relay didn't play well with my Sony CDP-C701ES…in between tracks/skip/pausing the relay would open/close constantly until the laser read the info. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back