Grado Fan Club!
Aug 13, 2014 at 6:16 AM Post #17,821 of 65,609
Can someone give me a link (possibly on ebay) for the smallest possible stereo adapter plug to use with my 225i plug (it has the 6.35mm one, not the 3.5mm) basically a 1/4" to a 1/6" inch adapter, so as to use it on the go with my portable DAP?
Angled would be fine if smallish..

Many thanks to all!

Aug 13, 2014 at 6:22 AM Post #17,822 of 65,609
Can someone give me a link for the smallest possible stereo adapter plug to use with my 225i plug (it has the "larger" size one, not the 3.5mm) basically a 1/4" to a 1/6" inch, so as to use it on the go with my portable DAP?

Better to use the pigtail adapter it comes with because the little snap on kind will mess up your jack.

Aug 13, 2014 at 6:58 AM Post #17,823 of 65,609
  Can someone give me a link (possibly on ebay) for the smallest possible stereo adapter plug to use with my 225i plug (it has the 6.35mm one, not the 3.5mm) basically a 1/4" to a 1/6" inch adapter, so as to use it on the go with my portable DAP?
Angled would be fine if smallish..

Many thanks to all!

Much better to use the Grado 1/4" to 1/8" adapter, as Claritas says.

It will significantly reduce the strain on the headphone socket of your DAP.

If you don't want to spend the money on the official Grado one (it's very well made and worth it in my opinion) you can get similar things cheaper on Amazon/eBay

Edit to say: amazon.fr sell one called 'StoreONE Câble adaptateur pour casques Grado/Sennheiser' for 10.50 euro, which looks pretty good.

Aug 13, 2014 at 7:59 AM Post #17,824 of 65,609
Originally Posted by stacker45 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now!, I understand that some...who am I kidding...MANY of you will miss my witty sense of humour, and I want to reassure you that I will continue to entertain you through P.M.

I know that some of you ''saw'' through my post about the PS500. I have owned them for about 2 weeks, and I liked them, keep in mind that I didn't trade them in for my some SR60i, I bought a pair of PS1000, wich are not exactly chop liver. The PS500 are indeed special, they have a forgiving, tube like, warm glow to them. Also they are the only other Grados that combine mahogany and alloy cups, and at one third of the price of the price of the PS1000. 

stacker, I am a bit disappointed with your turnabout. but I appreciate your fine spirit of manic energy and tongue-in-cheek posts. I like dissent...but if you like tubes, then maybe I was wrong....
eek.gif

lawsuits? no way, man. defense lawyers would have a field day.

keep laughin'

Aug 13, 2014 at 8:23 AM Post #17,825 of 65,609
I was seriously considering the PS500 a month ago until I suddently realized I could get the same "bassy, warm mid, slightly roll off treble" sound in the same 40mm open back style for 1/6 of price in the form of Yamaha HPH-200. The Yamaha is even more comfortable. One can see it as a PS225.

For the similar amount of money and sound signature, the now discounted HE-500 beats the PS500 in every aspects.

I am still very interested to buy a SR325e or MS2e. I think these two will better represent the true Grado sound.

Aug 13, 2014 at 8:27 AM Post #17,826 of 65,609
  Sweet! I liked the 560's when I heard them at CAF. I need more time to compare w/ LCD-2. I felt the Audeze stuff might be more of a contrast to my Grados. But, they're both awesome.

Wow. The only thing I dont like about my LCD2.2 is its weight. SQ I love. If the 560 can match the 2.2 in SQ, I'm gonna have to audition it as a long-wear alternative for my 2.2. I would love to have a LIGHT hp that exactly matches/surpasses the 2.2's sublime SQ.  and costs under a grand.

Aug 13, 2014 at 8:57 AM Post #17,827 of 65,609
I was seriously considering the PS500 a month ago until I suddently realized I could get the same "bassy, warm mid, slightly roll off treble" sound in the same 40mm open back style for 1/6 of price in the form of Yamaha HPH-200. The Yamaha is even more comfortable. One can see it as a PS225.

For the similar amount of money and sound signature, the now discounted HE-500 beats the PS500 in every aspects.

I am still very interested to buy a SR325e or MS2e. I think these two will better represent the true Grado sound.

Hi

IMHO PS500 is not bassy, not for "bassheads". Its bass is controlled and extends deeper than other Grados I have heard,  if the bass is there in the track.

cheers,

Aug 13, 2014 at 10:28 AM Post #17,828 of 65,609
  After about 3 weeks to the day, I got a call from Grado today, it appears my Sr80's have been fixed. I need to call them back tomorrow, since I missed this phone call (they left me a message).

Its been over the 2wk mark which they told me it would take, but I have no problem waiting, I just didn't think it would take that much time, especially because shipping to my location is only 1 day USPS. Thanks for the heads up!

Aug 13, 2014 at 3:52 PM Post #17,830 of 65,609
  I have found what I think to be both an effective and inexpensive way of dealing with the PS1000 comfort issues regarding their thinly padded headband.

I have found that a strip of velcro on a strategically place women Maxipad works great in this unusual application. And what's great about this is that it's ''tweakable'' meaning that a bit like swapping the ear pads, you can use a thiner one

You're probably wondering about my girlfriend's reaction when she saw me wearing a feminine device on my head. To be honest she was grossed out, she said that it wouldn't have a problem with it, if I had used a clean one.

Regarding my opinion of the Beats by D....sorry the PS500, starting now, I have decided to stop writing those tongue in cheek posts. I find that they're sometimes misunderstood. The threat of lawsuits from Head-Fi members who have rupture their spleen from execssive laughter, also motivated my decision to be dead serious from now on.. Now!, I understand that some...who am I kidding...MANY of you will miss my witty sense of humour, and I want to reassure you that I will continue to entertain you through P.M.

I know that some of you ''saw'' through my post about the PS500. I have owned them for about 2 weeks, and I liked them, keep in mind that I didn't trade them in for my some SR60i, I bought a pair of PS1000, wich are not exactly chop liver. The PS500 are indeed special, they have a forgiving, tube like, warm glow to them. Also they are the only other Grados that combine mahogany and alloy cups, and at one third of the price of the price of the PS1000. 

Well, I'm going back to listen to Patricia Barber, on my vintage combo HPA-2 and HP1000, Happy listening!.                                                                                                                           

1- hahahahaha !!!
2- you weren't serious ?? 
blink.gif
  , boy my spider sense ain't aworkin' lately

Aug 13, 2014 at 6:40 PM Post #17,831 of 65,609
Originally Posted by stacker45 

I have found what I think to be both an effective and inexpensive way of dealing with the PS1000 comfort issues regarding their thinly padded headband.

I have found that a strip of velcro on a strategically place women Maxipad works great in this unusual application. And what's great about this is that it's ''tweakable'' meaning that a bit like swapping the ear pads, you can use a thiner one

You're probably wondering about my girlfriend's reaction when she saw me wearing a feminine device on my head.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, I am ALL for anything that will make Grados look sexier on my head.

scratch, scratch... hey show me ya hands, cheetah...

Aug 13, 2014 at 7:42 PM Post #17,832 of 65,609

Aug 13, 2014 at 8:51 PM Post #17,833 of 65,609
As some of you know I have Chron's desiese, and my medication was changed recently, and we're still trying to figure out the best combination, so that I can control the pain, without ''spacing out''. 

I just reread my post from yesterday. and even though native tongue is French,the reason for the bad grammar in that post, is the result of a less than optimal dosage of meds. sometimes I'll switch from a subject to another in the blink of an eye, so the real reason why SCUBA divers throw themselves backward when exiting the boat, is simply because if they'd throw themselves forward, they'd fall right back in the boat,  blanking out, so please be indulgent.

Since some of my posts may have contributed to the way that the PS500 are percieved, I just like to clarify my opinion of them. My reference to the Beats by DrDre was a gross exageration, the ONLY reason why I didn't keep my PS500 is because I listen to a lot of female vocal music. and on some of them, the women's voices took on a slight chestiness, that's it, And as you all know, your mileage may vary.

Aug 13, 2014 at 9:03 PM Post #17,834 of 65,609
  As some of you know I have Chron's desiese, and my medication was changed recently, and we're still trying to figure out the best combination, so that I can control the pain, without ''spacing out''. 

I just reread my post from yesterday. and even though native tongue is French,the reason for the bad grammar in that post, is the result of a less than optimal dosage of meds. sometimes I'll switch from a subject to another in the blink of an eye, so the real reason why SCUBA divers throw themselves backward when exiting the boat, is simply because if they'd throw themselves forward, they'd fall right back in the boat,  blanking out, so please be indulgent.

Since some of my posts may have contributed to the way that the PS500 are percieved, I just like to clarify my opinion of them. My reference to the Beats by DrDre was a gross exageration, the ONLY reason why I didn't keep my PS500 is because I listen to a lot of female vocal music. and on some of them, the women's voices took on a slight chestiness, that's it, And as you all know, your mileage may vary.

You switched subjects again. 
confused_face.gif

But I like the humor on that statement. 
bigsmile_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back