Grado Fan Club!
May 1, 2014 at 3:49 PM Post #14,311 of 65,898
Grado RS3 prototypes up for sale on the classified forum :eek:
Some good Grado Fan Club member should grab these just for the collectors value.

May 1, 2014 at 4:30 PM Post #14,313 of 65,898
Sorry...reading Nitzsche seems to be fine, but reading interest checks seems to be much more difficult.

Still quite interesting though.

Grado should work on bringing something new to the market.

I am not so sure grado needs anything new....sometimes less is better....if you know what I mean.

Where would you place a new headphone in the line....it actually seems they have all bases covered to me.

More companies would benefit from doing the same, imho.

May 1, 2014 at 4:49 PM Post #14,315 of 65,898
It's an interest check, they're not up for grabs quite yet. But I'm interested to hear from people how much they'd value them at.
You mention collectors value, how would you quantify that :)?

J.W
As to what the prospective collectors value is I wouldn't have a clue. I was hoping to wait for "Joseph69's" email to Grado to maybe get some more information about the these RS3 prototypes.

May 1, 2014 at 4:52 PM Post #14,316 of 65,898
I would think for someone that for someone who collects rare Grado stuff....these should fetch a hefty price............especially if you are talking about limited numbers.

So just being rare makes the number go up drastically.

May 1, 2014 at 4:55 PM Post #14,318 of 65,898
I am not so sure grado needs anything new....sometimes less is better....if you know what I mean.

Where would you place a new headphone in the line....it actually seems they have all bases covered to me.

More companies would benefit from doing the same, imho.

As we mentioned before in this thread, Grado is small family run company rather than a big multinational industy leader.
This has helped them maintain their position in this industry for over half a century. The 'handmade in Brooklyn' feel and reputation is among the things we value about their products.

Yet we need innovative companies, especially from asia, to keep the industry going. As time progresses, technology and gear progesses.
I personally would have lost my interest in audio a long time ago, if every comapny were like Grado and released a new product every decade.

I think Grado should try working on incorporating their sound (which we all love) in a closed can. Now that would be innovation from a traditional company.

But again, they 'just released' the PS500 a few years ago, which in Grado-time, was just last saturday.

May 1, 2014 at 6:27 PM Post #14,321 of 65,898
May 1, 2014 at 7:38 PM Post #14,322 of 65,898
May 1, 2014 at 7:44 PM Post #14,323 of 65,898
I remember that post on the Facebook page. I was so jealous.
I would never sell anything a Grado gave me. Specially something so personal and rare.
I mean; I have a pair of SR80i I won that was personally sent to me; nothing special, and something so simple I will treasure for long time. And I am sure many headphones will come and go.

May 1, 2014 at 8:00 PM Post #14,324 of 65,898
Quote:
<snip> I think Grado should try working on incorporating their sound (which we all love) in a closed can. Now that would be innovation from a traditional company. <snip>

Agreed. I was excited when I first heard about the special editions that came out a few months back (Jack Daniels, maybe?) because I thought they might be Grado sound with a little isolation (which I really appreciate in headphones, personally). After reading that they sold out quickly, and some of the tepid earlier reviews, I lost interest. A strong Grado closed headphone at less than a kilobuck would be something I would at the very least consider... 

...and while I'm dreaming, I'd like Megan Fox to deliver 'em topless. Sigh. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back