Grado Fan Club!
Apr 28, 2014 at 7:26 PM Post #14,206 of 65,647

I wouldn't expect Grado, of all companies, to roll out new looks more than once every 37 years or so, hehe...

E-mailed John a while back re. new box. He said freight costs were a big burden. Hence the smaller box.
Practicality above all.

Apr 28, 2014 at 7:30 PM Post #14,207 of 65,647
Very interested to know your impressions of the HE560, in due time. It's apparently quite a bit lighter than LCD-2. That's the one gripe I have with them. Not SQ. Go figure. PM me in due time to tell all. If HE560 sounds like LCD2....the trigger may be pulled ..... again.
Thanks.
I'm interested as to what my impressions of the HE560's will be too. Early reviews point to the 560's mids rivaling that of some Grado hp's, with their weight and comfort significantly improved due to a new headband design. I like your website. How do I leave outrageous and nasty comments on it? Lol.

Apr 28, 2014 at 7:30 PM Post #14,208 of 65,647

biggrin.gif
 Yes, and I just love that word...."artsy"

I prefer the longer version, artsy fartsy.

Apr 28, 2014 at 8:20 PM Post #14,211 of 65,647
Nice looking Mutt n' Jeff headphones. Is that a few ounces next to a little over a pound? I'm also looking to find a big mama for my RS1i's. Maybe some LCD-X's, though I'd like to hear the Hifi Man HE-560's first.

Yeah, me too.  But I also have my ears out for the Oppo.  Will probably wait for the PM-2 though

Apr 28, 2014 at 8:50 PM Post #14,212 of 65,647
Yeah, me too.  But I also have my ears out for the Oppo.  Will probably wait for the PM-2 though
I read a couple glowing reviews of the Oppo PM-1's. They'll have to go a long way to surpass the musicality of my Grado hp's though.

Apr 28, 2014 at 10:55 PM Post #14,214 of 65,647
  A little after work Grado jam time... yes I'm playing along on my guitar... open cans are awesome to play guitar with when you have no band around to jam with...

I'm not the biggest fan of the Thirteen album or the newest, but Endgame was absolutely unbelievable for guitar licks, not the best recording but oh so fun. Probably my favorite Megadeth album after their nest era ended around RIP/Countdown/Youth depending on your tastes.

Apr 28, 2014 at 11:09 PM Post #14,215 of 65,647
  I'm not the biggest fan of the Thirteen album or the newest, but Endgame was absolutely unbelievable for guitar licks, not the best recording but oh so fun. Probably my favorite Megadeth album after their nest era ended around RIP/Countdown/Youth depending on your tastes.

Thirteen grew on me after a year or so... Supercollider  has its moments but its an average Deth album...

Apr 28, 2014 at 11:27 PM Post #14,216 of 65,647
I think I must be a harder marker for the albums I listen to - having also been around reviewing/critic sites. I hate Super Collider with a passion, and find 13 to be the average forgettable album - but then again I have 5,000 albums in my music collection overall so I don't often get time for something that doesn't stand out too much. Different strokes I guess.

Apr 28, 2014 at 11:32 PM Post #14,217 of 65,647
  I think I must be a harder marker for the albums I listen to - having also been around reviewing/critic sites. I hate Super Collider with a passion, and find 13 to be the average forgettable album - but then again I have 5,000 albums in my music collection overall so I don't often get time for something that doesn't stand out too much. Different strokes I guess.

Different tastes too! lol I tend to like almost everything... so I'm not the best judge lol

Apr 28, 2014 at 11:40 PM Post #14,218 of 65,647
Gentle readers, I am usually a man of gentler tastes now that I am beyond the thick stone walls of ****-sure youthful indestructibility that surround your twenties.

I am wandering the plains of my thirties, getting ready to head into the hills of middle age...every once in a while I am possessed of the need to remember the whip of long hair from my head, and the sweaty violence of a mosh pit filled with the pure energy of youth...and nothing tempts me toward these passions more than a pair of Grados and this delightful little ditty...

Apr 29, 2014 at 5:59 AM Post #14,219 of 65,647
AC/DC just kills it, and they have for decades .....never made a bad song and never messed with any ballads......that was against the rules.

These guys would be the SR325i's of the Grado world......Full tilt....balls to the wall....no nonsense rock & roll 
biggrin.gif

Love you, Angus.....rock on!!

Apr 29, 2014 at 9:47 AM Post #14,220 of 65,647
well, just made a deal for a gs1000 on ebay, its coming from down under , to go with my rs1i from viet nam

hopefully this will be the last time i'll sell something, only to buy it back again !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back