Grado Fan Club!
May 18, 2014 at 6:36 AM Post #14,793 of 66,264
  I'm selling my WA6 (no wood) with 6SN7 tube adapters/Grado SR-325is's as a combo.
If anyone is interested in this combo, PM me before I put them up on the F/S forum/eBay, and I will give you the full details.
These are all in "excellent working/cosmetic condition."

wow......what amp are you going to get, Joseph

nevermind......I found it
smile.gif

Just seems strange that the WA6 is not enough amp..........Grados usually sound great at low volume....and getting more volume should not at all, be an issue........anyway......I hope it all works itself out.

May 18, 2014 at 7:19 AM Post #14,794 of 66,264

smile.gif

Just seems strange that the WA6 is not enough amp..........Grados usually sound great at low volume....and getting more volume should not at all, be an issue........anyway......I hope it all works itself out.

one of life's axioms  "more is better"

May 18, 2014 at 9:21 AM Post #14,795 of 66,264
If any of you guys want to join the planar world, I'd highly recommend the HE-4. I'm selling my Grado's and keeping only the HiFiMAN at home, it's a great all-rounder (also excellent for rock).

May 18, 2014 at 9:52 AM Post #14,796 of 66,264
If any of you guys want to join the planar world, I'd highly recommend the HE-4. I'm selling my Grado's and keeping only the HiFiMAN at home, it's a great all-rounder (also excellent for rock).

I will be joining the world of planars sometime later this year....will be keeping my RS1i though.

May 18, 2014 at 9:55 AM Post #14,797 of 66,264
Grados and planers can coexist

May 18, 2014 at 10:11 AM Post #14,798 of 66,264

Not in my world.
smile.gif

May 18, 2014 at 10:41 AM Post #14,802 of 66,264

I've been looking for a yamaha YH-100 on the side. I doubt i'll ever get rid of my Grado's.

May 18, 2014 at 12:33 PM Post #14,803 of 66,264

smile.gif

The WA6 sound beautiful with the PS1K's, but maybe due to the (G) cushions moving the drivers further away from my ears also has something to do with having to turn the volume knob at 1-2 o'clock, and they still sound like their asking for more too get to that optimum out put where they sound perfect…but anymore volume after that is going to clip/distort the sound.
With all my other Grados 10-11 o'clock the sound is optimum (depending on the recording of course). I know they are all low impedance headphones, and all drive easily, but it doesn't seem to be for the PS1K's for some reason, possibly the different driver/driver distance from the ears, I don't know.

May 18, 2014 at 12:49 PM Post #14,804 of 66,264
Grados and planers can coexist

Ortho guy here in agreement. Depending on the model, they can actually be pretty good companions, in that they can be a totally different sound from Grado (LCD-2.1) or something somewhat different but better (HE-6). YMMV.

May 18, 2014 at 12:58 PM Post #14,805 of 66,264

The noise, may just be a tube.

It wasn't just a tube. I have tried two other pairs of tubes. Same hum. Also, something bizarre had happened to one of my preferred pairs of tubes, but I am going to report that in the Schiit Lyr tube-rolling thread.
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back