Grado Fan Club!
Mar 9, 2014 at 5:47 AM Post #12,632 of 65,714

Don't feel bad.  I believe I'm the only one in this club who doesn't like the RS1's.

The RS1 and RS1i have both come and been sold here, the 325i has remained, so make that 2 of us.

Mar 9, 2014 at 6:02 AM Post #12,633 of 65,714
  Any of you own the Rs2i? I just looked on the Head Gear area and there isn't even one review.

I have the original RS2... Its great!! 

I don't own the RS1 anymore so can't compare side by side. But the RS2 gives me enough of what I remember the RS1 to be. Defo less bass though. But everything else is too similar for me to even think about punishing my wallet for the RS1 again.

Having said that. If my main hp was a grado then it would most definitely be the RS1.  

Mar 9, 2014 at 6:30 AM Post #12,634 of 65,714

Don't feel bad.  I believe I'm the only one in this club who doesn't like the RS1's.

Yeah.....that is weird....did not think that was possible....it just goes to show that everyone hears differently and what one person hears, someone else hears differently.......It is great there are many different Grado's......at least one has a good chance to find something they like.

I still even find it strange that some people can't stand a HP in the whole Grado line up.

I just could not even imagine not having a Grado.....the thought makes me shiver 
tongue_smile.gif

Mar 9, 2014 at 9:33 AM Post #12,635 of 65,714

Yeah.....that is weird....did not think that was possible....it just goes to show that everyone hears differently and what one person hears, someone else hears differently.......

No kidding. I'm not very popular at some headfi meets because I really dislike Beyerdynamics headphones (except the T1... I really like the T1), and on top of that, I've yet to find an Audeze that I really enjoy. Technically fantastic, but I just find them..... meh.

Mar 9, 2014 at 9:40 AM Post #12,636 of 65,714

No kidding. I'm not very popular at some headfi meets because I really dislike Beyerdynamics headphones (except the T1... I really like the T1), and on top of that, I've yet to find an Audeze that I really enjoy. Technically fantastic, but I just find them..... meh.

no "soul"

Mar 9, 2014 at 9:45 AM Post #12,638 of 65,714
After you've fallen in love with Grados it's hard to really enjoy any other headphones honestly... There's plenty of things they'll do better, but I've yet to find a pair more fun than my 325is.  At the end of the day, when I want to rock out, I'm always gonna be reaching for the Grados. It's a curse 
biggrin.gif

Mar 9, 2014 at 9:46 AM Post #12,639 of 65,714
  This guy gets it!
gs1000.gif

TY
i have the lcd x, technically, the best all around sound i've ever heard, and i do enjoy it alot
it doesn't have the soul of my grado's !!

Mar 9, 2014 at 10:43 AM Post #12,640 of 65,714

Yeah.....that is weird....did not think that was possible....it just goes to show that everyone hears differently and what one person hears, someone else hears differently.......It is great there are many different Grado's......at least one has a good chance to find something they like.

I still even find it strange that some people can't stand a HP in the whole Grado line up.

I just could not even imagine not having a Grado.....the thought makes me shiver 
tongue_smile.gif

Actually, I agree that they are a fine sounding headphone.  At that price point, I really had a hard time accepting the build quality and the sound, especially compared to tape-modded 225i's.  I expect a lot more for that kind of money. And guys, I really hesitate to spell out exactly how I reacted to the RS1i's, because I get that they are a beloved headphone, and I don't mean to offend anyone.

At any rate, it's not so much what I hear as what I value.

Mar 9, 2014 at 10:51 AM Post #12,641 of 65,714

Actually, I agree that they are a fine sounding headphone.  At that price point, I really had a hard time accepting the build quality and the sound, especially compared to tape-modded 225i's.  I expect a lot more for that kind of money. And guys, I really hesitate to spell out exactly how I reacted to the RS1i's, because I get that they are a beloved headphone, and I don't mean to offend anyone.

At any rate, it's not so much what I hear as what I value.

and we all have different values, and some folks will get upset when their values aren't validated ! lol
we all may think we are "impartial" but we aren't really, we all have our likes and dislikes that we base our opinions on
remember the SNL skit where mike myers was the owner of "all things scottish" ??
he'd yell " if its not scottish, it CRAP !!!!"
ones mans crap is another's holy grail ! lol

Mar 9, 2014 at 11:15 AM Post #12,642 of 65,714
IMHO.....the law of diminishing returns start to kick in after the $300 mark....After  spending more than that....it is worth it to some and not worth it to some.....you pay lots more for just a little better 
tongue.gif

Mar 9, 2014 at 11:31 AM Post #12,643 of 65,714
  IMHO.....the law of diminishing returns start to kick in after the $300 mark....After  spending more than that....it is worth it to some and not worth it to some.....you pay lots more for just a little better 
tongue.gif

On a similar note, I do not consider the SR325is to be worth its money per se.
It is a valid (or necessary upgrade from lower models in the SR series), toward the RS series - a middle ground if you will.

Although I wouldn't say that I would have skipped the SR325is (more aggressive sound), I would have rather considered the RS1i.

Listing to the SR325is and directly comparing it to the SR80i (or even the SR225i), I need to honestly admit that I sometimes doubt that the 325is was a worthy investment. - not saying that the SR325is is bad.

Mar 9, 2014 at 11:51 AM Post #12,644 of 65,714
To each his own, for me the RS-1i is the inferior one and the SR325i a much more enjoyable headphone, which is blasphemy to the majority.

Mar 9, 2014 at 11:52 AM Post #12,645 of 65,714
I purchased my first Grado hp's end of last week. I got a pair of g-cushions just as a change of pace and for a different sound. They're very retro looking and super light. Oh and they sound great too, especially on live recordings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back