Grado Fan Club!
Dec 8, 2013 at 7:13 AM Post #10,817 of 66,053
  Great playlist. Just saw Joe Walsh (w/the Eagles) a few weeks back and now see what an awesome writer/singer he is. His stuff is even better live than in recordings. And he sounds great even 30+ years on.

I agree, Joe is a great song writer and I just love him to death.

The song "Fun" from the "Got Any Gum" album....so much reminds me of him.

I believe I own pretty much every one of his albums.

I got a feeling I will be a future owner of PS500 xD

When ever I teeter on getting another headphone....the PS500 is one that I always consider.

Dec 8, 2013 at 8:22 AM Post #10,818 of 66,053
  I agree, Joe is a great song writer and I just love him to death.

The song "Fun" from the "Got Any Gum" album....so much reminds me of him.

I believe I own pretty much every one of his albums.

When ever I teeter on getting another headphone....the PS500 is one that I always consider.

the rs1i , and ps500 are an awesome combo, a great 1-2 punch !

Dec 8, 2013 at 8:34 AM Post #10,819 of 66,053
that's what I thought too but then I found I always reached for the RS1. The PS500 are a strange headphone. Not really a Grado and at the same time there are other headphones that do what it does but they do it better. The DT990 is an example.

In my opinion the RS1 and 325 would be the ultimate Grado 1-2 punch...granted I've never heard the GS or PS1000.

Dec 8, 2013 at 8:58 AM Post #10,820 of 66,053
that's what I thought too but then I found I always reached for the RS1. The PS500 are a strange headphone. Not really a Grado and at the same time there are other headphones that do what it does but they do it better. The DT990 is an example.

In my opinion the RS1 and 325 would be the ultimate Grado 1-2 punch...granted I've never heard the GS or PS1000.

great point !  the things i liked the 500 for, i get more of from the lcd2
never heard the 325, and i've not heard the gs 1000i, though headphone wise, its at the top of the "possibles" list
but i veered off course with the wadia ! lol

Dec 8, 2013 at 9:37 AM Post #10,821 of 66,053
http://www.head-fi.org/t/694142/fs-joe-grado-hp2-99-99999-lettering-hp1000   PURDDY !!

Dec 8, 2013 at 11:05 AM Post #10,822 of 66,053

great point !  the things i liked the 500 for, i get more of from the lcd2
never heard the 325, and i've not heard the gs 1000i, though headphone wise, its at the top of the "possibles" list
but i veered off course with the wadia ! lol

I have seen so many very positive reviews of the GS1000i I almost want to get one before the Rs1i, but I am going to resist that urge...I hope.

Dec 8, 2013 at 11:10 AM Post #10,823 of 66,053

I have seen so many very positive reviews of the GS1000i I almost want to get one before the Rs1i, but I am going to resist that urge...I hope.

i'm starting to like the lcd so much more now, that i may end up keeping it, but i'm really wanting to try the gs1000i , i was going to sell the lcd and get a gs, now,
i'm in a quandary !! lol, nothing new really

the wadia has put a monkey wrench in my "PLAN" lol
of course i could return or sell it, the bifrost is pretty damn good with the soloist

Dec 8, 2013 at 11:47 AM Post #10,824 of 66,053

i'm starting to like the lcd so much more now, that i may end up keeping it, but i'm really wanting to try the gs1000i , i was going to sell the lcd and get a gs, now,

of course i could return or sell it, the bifrost is pretty damn good with the soloist

Having owned the LCD-2 V1 and heard the GS1000 (non i) a lot, the only thing you will miss is the sub-bass of the Audeze.  If you can give that up, you're good to go.  The LCD was just too dark for this GradoHead.
smile.gif

Dec 8, 2013 at 12:26 PM Post #10,825 of 66,053

All of my HP plans are on hold until I get the Oppo BDP-105, which will be my graduation present to myself.  Three more weeks, three more weeks..........

Dec 8, 2013 at 12:37 PM Post #10,826 of 66,053
  Having owned the LCD-2 V1 and heard the GS1000 (non i) a lot, the only thing you will miss is the sub-bass of the Audeze.  If you can give that up, you're good to go.  The LCD was just too dark for this GradoHead.
smile.gif

i have the lcd2v2, and if i'm correct, its not supposed to be quite as dark, but in the beginning, thats the problem i had with it, it was just too dark.
but as time has passed, i've gotten more used to it but, still "darker"

i keep trying "others" but, my heart belongs to one

Dec 8, 2013 at 7:27 PM Post #10,827 of 66,053
Hey guys and gals.

I feel like I mention this all the time, but I have some fairly well-respected headphones, as can be seen in my signature.  But time after time, it's the 225is that I have on my ears, followed by the AD, iGrado, then the 5LE's.  My wife has the Sennheisers.

The thing is, none of my high-end cans give anywhere near the same visceral, tactile experience that the 225i's give me.  The AD's have some serious sub-bass, but I think it's at the expense of midrange and slam.

So my question is this- are there any 'high end' cans outside of Grado that give the same physical experience? With the 225i's, I feel the pluck of the guitar string, and feel the stick hit the drum head.  Not so much the other cans. Does any other brand of HP do this? Maybe the HD800?

Dec 8, 2013 at 7:33 PM Post #10,828 of 66,053
  Hey guys and gals.

I feel like I mention this all the time, but I have some fairly well-respected headphones, as can be seen in my signature.  But time after time, it's the 225is that I have on my ears, followed by the AD, iGrado, then the 5LE's.  My wife has the Sennheisers.

The thing is, none of my high-end cans give anywhere near the same visceral, tactile experience that the 225i's give me.  The AD's have some serious sub-bass, but I think it's at the expense of midrange and slam.

So my question is this- are there any 'high end' cans outside of Grado that give the same physical experience? With the 225i's, I feel the pluck of the guitar string, and feel the stick hit the drum head.  Not so much the other cans. Does any other brand of HP do this? Maybe the HD800?

i would get that some with the lcd's(which are back up for sale), especially piano, i have gs1000i on my radar, or one or two other's, who knows lol

Dec 8, 2013 at 8:13 PM Post #10,830 of 66,053
  No!
Well, except Alessandros!

biggrin.gif

It's funny, because when I first got the 225is' I really didn't like them.  They gathered dust for about a year.  But man, every week they get more and more impressive.  Even with classical music, the strings are immersive.  And these aren't even top-tier Grado's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back